University of Illinois-CVM - Application C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Getting really overwhelmed with looking for places to live. :( I want the best place at a decent distance from school. But I'm literally having a hard time. I need a place that has a hard phone line due to having a pacemaker and my transmitter needs a Hardline to hook up to. As well as being picky and wanting a washer and dryer in the unit, majority utilities included, and my hedgehog (and a dog in the future) to be able to come. I know it's been thrown around before but can people recommend places to live again. So far I've looked into and heard back from The Place, Golfview Village (rantoul - does anyone live there and is it far?), Westgate, Parkside, and HuntersPond. I looked into but haven't heard back from Falconway, Town and County and Stone Ridge. I'm slightly overwhelmed! Kind of scary moving out for the first time!

I just finished looking around the Urbana/Champaign area and got to look at some great options. If anyone is looking for a realtor who can show you around houses for sale along with houses and condos and other properties for rent I highly recommend Lisa Rector. She was instrumental in showing my fiance and I around and offering multiple housing options. She was fabulous and I recommend reaching out the her to see if she has any recommendations or places to show you.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks!! I just committed to Midwestern. I am an oldie, and my bf is a lawyer and has reciprocity to practice in AZ. I am on the waitlist at Penn though, and hoping I still have a shot there! Either way, I am happy and grateful that I am going to be a vet :love:
Congratulations!!

Reactions: 1 user
Getting really overwhelmed with looking for places to live. :( I want the best place at a decent distance from school. But I'm literally having a hard time. I need a place that has a hard phone line due to having a pacemaker and my transmitter needs a Hardline to hook up to. As well as being picky and wanting a washer and dryer in the unit, majority utilities included, and my hedgehog (and a dog in the future) to be able to come. I know it's been thrown around before but can people recommend places to live again. So far I've looked into and heard back from The Place, Golfview Village (rantoul - does anyone live there and is it far?), Westgate, Parkside, and HuntersPond. I looked into but haven't heard back from Falconway, Town and County and Stone Ridge. I'm slightly overwhelmed! Kind of scary moving out for the first time!
Fairlawn Village might be a good fit for you-I'm here now and I like it thus far. ~5 minute drive max. I know I have a phone jack in my unit, I have no idea if it is still functional or not? You could look them up and call them. Only thing not included in rent is electric/water. They add like $30 onto their sticker price of rent for wifi though so keep that in mine when calculating costs. I'm pretty sure the current prices online do not have wifi included but you could ask to be sure.

Rantoul is about 30 minutes away...that's a bit of a hike. I'm sure a few people live out that way, but try to keep in mind that you will be on call as a 4th year and you'd have to make that drive at 2am unless you moved. If you want to be really involved in extracurriculars, that drive might make it hard on you.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's up Illinois fam!!!! The moment y'all have been waiting for!!!!! That Facebook group life!!!! Request admittance and our lovely upper classmen will welcome you!!!

Edit: Yes, I don't understand the meaning of anonymity.

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone ever get an email from the school? I just got a letter but no email updates from Illinois

Did anyone ever get an email from the school? I just got a letter but no email updates from Illinois
I haven't gotten any emails yet either, just the letter. It sounds like they wait to send an email until they have the whole class seated, but I may be wrong!

Oops! I didn't click on it I was only trying to look it up! My bad!

I haven't gotten any emails yet either, just the letter. It sounds like they wait to send an email until they have the whole class seated, but I may be wrong!

I think you're right! I'm anxiously awaiting to hear back!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any OOS news? I just wish there was a way to check our number or the status of the list!

Does anyone have any OOS news? I just wish there was a way to check our number or the status of the list!
I havent heard anything either...I want to know SO BAD where I am on the list its killing me. so tempted to call but i wont

Reactions: 1 users
I havent heard anything either...I want to know SO BAD where I am on the list its killing me. so tempted to call but i wont

I don't believe they would tell you. I'm not sure we even have a ranked list?

I don't believe they would tell you. I'm not sure we even have a ranked list?
I think here is a ranked list but it’s policy not to tell you where you are on said list because they don’t want people calling every day to get an updated place on the list and bothering them 24/7

Where does everyone get their awesome vet med apparel??? I'm on a FB group for people selling things from u of I and there is always a lot of cute vetmed apparel! In search of some!!!

Where does everyone get their awesome vet med apparel??? I'm on a FB group for people selling things from u of I and there is always a lot of cute vetmed apparel! In search of some!!!

That club swag!!!! There will be sales within the first month of school. So if you want some, save your summer pennies!!!

Anyone looking for a roommate? I will be a first year this fall and I'm planning on living in a house, hopefully with a fenced in backyard, 10-15 minutes from campus. I have one dog, she's a 1 1/2 year old rescue border collie/lab mix. She likely wouldn't do well with a cat, but would be fine with a dog. Message me if you are interested!

Just got accepted off the waitlist OOS! Not positive what I'm going to do yet, as I JUST paid my deposit to hold my spot at another school.....but I'm heavily leaning toward accepting the offer! I'm super excited!

If I do...I'll be looking for a roommate! It will just be me and my dog. She's a 60 lb lab/pit/cattle dog mix, dog and cat friendly!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist OOS! Not positive what I'm going to do yet, as I JUST paid my deposit to hold my spot at another school.....but I'm heavily leaning toward accepting the offer! I'm super excited!

If I do...I'll be looking for a roommate! It will just be me and my dog. She's a 60 lb lab/pit/cattle dog mix, dog and cat friendly!

I JUST GOT THE CALL ABOUT 45 MINUTES AGO. HELLO CLASSMATES:hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:

Congrats to both of you!!

Does anyone know when it’s appropriate to ask for a file review? I doubt I’ll get pulled off the IS waitlist.

Does anyone know when it’s appropriate to ask for a file review? I doubt I’ll get pulled off the IS waitlist.
You could ask now. I had actually emailed this morning and had gotten it all set up with admissions and then got my call a couple hours later :rofl:

I don’t wanna be the first person to ask about finding some roommates on the Facebook page, but I am tired of waiting for someone to do it first

Hey guys, congrats on those of you who got in! My friends and I are looking for a friendly roommate to move into our place. We have an beautiful, super affordable 4 bedroom house which is walking distance/just a four 4 minute drive from the vet med building. We are all super friendly and clean roomies, we already have one dog living here, but can have one more dog (no cats) on our lease. Please message me for details!

I don’t wanna be the first person to ask about finding some roommates on the Facebook page, but I am tired of waiting for someone to do it first

Be that person!

I JUST GOT THE CALL ABOUT 45 MINUTES AGO. HELLO CLASSMATES:hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:
yay! congratulations you deserve it!
did they say anything about if they're still calling people or if the class is full now? just wondering!

yay! congratulations you deserve it!
did they say anything about if they're still calling people or if the class is full now? just wondering!
They didn’t! I think yesterday was probably the first day they were calling because they require deposits to be mailed in and they had to be postmarked by the 16th so they had to wait a bit. And no one else on here said anything last week about getting a call, which also makes it seem like they weren’t calling on Thursday or Friday or anything. So I would assume more calls would be coming at some point.
Hoping for the best for you!!

They sent an email about the class being pretty much finalized. :/

When you attend Grad school are your undergrad loans pushed back until you graduate again or do you have to start paying them still?

Anyone else mildly paranoid about their deposit somehow not getting to UIUC before the deadline?

When you attend Grad school are your undergrad loans pushed back until you graduate again or do you have to start paying them still?

Your loans are deferred. There's no way you could pay them. lol.

Anyone else mildly paranoid about their deposit somehow not getting to UIUC before the deadline?

You can call to double check :) I definitely did. lol.

I accepted the offer! Just have to send in my deposit and it's official! I'm so happy right now :biglove:

Reactions: 5 users
You could ask now. I had actually emailed this morning and had gotten it all set up with admissions and then got my call a couple hours later :rofl:
Congrats on the acceptance! From the email, it doesn’t sound like they pulled too many people off the waitlist.

They sent an email about the class being pretty much finalized. :/
Wow that was pretty quick. I think my class was still adding people the month of August.

Sorry if you didn't get good news :(

Edit: Although to be fair, I don't think my class got a 'class is full' email ever. Keep in mind that people on other waitlists may withdraw if they hear from other schools, or life events come up that cause plan changes. You never know.

Wow that was pretty quick. I think my class was still adding people the month of August.

Sorry if you didn't get good news :(

Edit: Although to be fair, I don't think my class got a 'class is full' email ever. Keep in mind that people on other waitlists may withdraw if they hear from other schools, or life events come up that cause plan changes. You never know.
Last year they sent a “class is full” email on May 5th. But I think they also had the whole “o**** the class of 2020 is too full we have to defer some of these people to 2021” so they had less spaces to accept into anyway (iirc they deferred like 20 people from 2020???)