University of Oklahoma 2008 - GO SOONERS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oudoc08,

You said in a post last week that you got your financial aid package in the mail from OU. Did they give yours to you early b/c they were considering you as out of state? I was just curious since I haven't received mine yet. I go to the mailbox only to find bitter disappointment. :(

Has anybody else found theirs yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm. I don't know. It was just a single sheet of paper that was dated 5/4/2004 and titled Financial Aid Award Notice which showed total loan amounts approved for (Alt. loan, subs and unsubs. Stafford) and an estimate of costs, but I don't see why I would have gotten it earlier than you.
email them @ [email protected]
later

Nope I got mine too. Along with the sobering news that I'm gonna be like in big wompum debt when I graduate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well Congrats to everyone that will be attending OU in the fall. That's awesome. I had a couple questions:
1) I'll be applying to OU this year, and I was wondering if they give tours of the campus during the summer time or if you could talk with people on the admissions board? I haven't been to the Health Sciences Center in OKC yet but I was planning on taking a trip to go check out the facilities and just introduce myself to the admissions board.

2)I really hope this isn't true, but I'm wondering is getting into OU political meaning if you have a close connection with someone such as family member is an alumni, then your chances increase? I have a high school buddy whose dad was on the admissions board, but i really havent stayed in contact with him over the years. I just keep hearing that some people feel like shoe ins cause of their connections.

Thanks and again congrats.

pbehzad said:
Well Congrats to everyone that will be attending OU in the fall. That's awesome. I had a couple questions:
1) I'll be applying to OU this year, and I was wondering if they give tours of the campus during the summer time or if you could talk with people on the admissions board? I haven't been to the Health Sciences Center in OKC yet but I was planning on taking a trip to go check out the facilities and just introduce myself to the admissions board.

2)I really hope this isn't true, but I'm wondering is getting into OU political meaning if you have a close connection with someone such as family member is an alumni, then your chances increase? I have a high school buddy whose dad was on the admissions board, but i really havent stayed in contact with him over the years. I just keep hearing that some people feel like shoe ins cause of their connections.

My wife went to OU pharmacy school 5 years, but she has no connection to the school other than that (i.e. no alumni association, donations, etc.) Also, OU has no formal secondary application to indicate any such. Therefore, unless you included such information on AMCAS application, or your "connection" happened to know someone on the adcom, I don't see how OU would know prior to interviewing you that such a connection existed unless that person happened to be someone that wrote a letter of recommendation for you. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to know people, but how much it helps would be hard to quantify. After the interview process, no one knows why anything happens except the people behind the scenes, thus if you've heard anything from someone who has made a negative blanket statement about a school's particular acceptance process, they are likely either psychic or bitterly disgruntled.

pbehzad said:

Howdy!

1. You can get a tour of the campus at ouhsc by calling (918)838-4602. You need to talk to a lady named Dodie Sharp. It says on the website that they tour groups of five or more only, but this is bogus as Wordup and myself toured by ourselves a couple of years back. However, I don't think that you'll be able to just walk in a meet everyone on the admissions board. I think that it's made up of faculty from all over the campus of 5 or six city blocks. I can tell you that the facilities are very nice.

2. I don't think that connections play much of a role at all. I had connections at ouhsc b/c of my research there, but I feel that it had little to do with my acceptance beyond providing a LOR and and good EC. OU is pretty numbers-driven, I think. If you have the grades, MCAT, and ECs and you don't bomb the interview, you're gold. I would say that the vast majority of those I talked to during the process had no connection to the school other than their desire to become a doctor of medicine. As for myself, I should have gotten in with or without the ouhsc connection. You can PM me if you want stats, etc. Also, Wordup had no connection to the school prior to his acceptance. I think that the politics thing is a way for people who are disgruntled about the process to make themselves feel better. Don't worry about connections (or the lack thereof). Just try your darndest to make good grades and school the MCAT, and everything will be fine.

ad_sharp said:
Dodie Sharp. I don't think that connections play much of a role at all.

Hmmmm...... Dodie Sharp, Ad Sharp, Dodie Sharp, Ad Sharp
Nope I don't see any connections at all there. Now it all starts falling into place.

Abe said:
caught him good :D

I knew that would happen. I swear that we are of no relation (other than having a really cool last name). Wordup was with me when we toured, and I said that everyone would think that I got in because my relative works there. :laugh:

Hey guys,

Wordup and I were just looking at the lender list for school and I'm a little confused about who I should get my loans through. I thought that I would use either the Stillwater bank that is on campus or the medloans through citigroup. Anybody know who has the best deal? I'm going to spend part of tomorrow looking at all of the perks of each lender and try to decide on one. Thanks.

Hey ad_sharp

Since you are already familiar with the campus and already accepted...
what would you think of organizing a tour for those of us who would like to go on one? :thumbup:

I'm ready anytime. :)

Johnny

JohnnyOU said:
Hey ad_sharp

Since you are already familiar with the campus and already accepted...
what would you think of organizing a tour for those of us who would like to go on one? :thumbup:

I'm ready anytime. :)

Johnny

I'll be living in OKC following June 3rd. Give me a holler if you want to go visit. I know a couple of people, a little about the way around. Also, we can go visit DMEI where I worked last summer. I don't know my way around the hospitals, but we can mingle like we're important. I don't think I'll be much of a tour guide, but we can give it a shot.

Give me a shout also, I'd like to go.
Tony

Members don't see this ad :)
ad_sharp said:
I'll be living in OKC following June 3rd. Give me a holler if you want to go visit. I know a couple of people, a little about the way around. Also, we can go visit DMEI where I worked last summer. I don't know my way around the hospitals, but we can mingle like we're important. I don't think I'll be much of a tour guide, but we can give it a shot.

Sounds great...

I think I'm going on vacation around June 1st for about a week down to south padre island... but when I get back I'd love to do it. Somewhere around the middle of June.

J~

Sounds killer. Just got back from Cozumel, and going again in two weeks. Figured I'd get in two vacations to make up for ones I'm sure not to take once school kicks in.
Middle of june sounds great.

I haven't yet decided on going to OU and I'm hoping you guys could give me some info to help me decide (my other choice is Medical College of Ohio). One thing that worries me about OU is that a lot of people say the students are not good quality and care too much about partying. I want to be able to have a social life and like to party too, but I want to be around other people who are really dedicated and will push me to do well. Has anyone seen a residency match list for the school? I can't find one and would like to know what residency directors think of the school. How does OU's reputation compare to MCO's? What can I use as indicators of the educational quality besides board scores? Also wondering about housing. Is the cost of living high/low? Can you get housing close to campus? Thanks for you help!!

evenstar71 said:
I haven't yet decided on going to OU and I'm hoping you guys could give me some info to help me decide (my other choice is Medical College of Ohio). One thing that worries me about OU is that a lot of people say the students are not good quality and care too much about partying. I want to be able to have a social life and like to party too, but I want to be around other people who are really dedicated and will push me to do well. Has anyone seen a residency match list for the school? I can't find one and would like to know what residency directors think of the school. How does OU's reputation compare to MCO's? What can I use as indicators of the educational quality besides board scores? Also wondering about housing. Is the cost of living high/low? Can you get housing close to campus? Thanks for you help!!

Well.....I'll see if I might be able to answer some of these questions. As far as the partying too much goes, I can say that I worked with a couple of med students from OU last summer, and they were a couple of the most dedicated studiers I've ever been around. Speaking for myself, I do not party much. I like to get out from time to time and have a dinner and/or movie with my wife. Other than that, I'm your typical nerd who sets at home and does schoolwork. Judging from the people I've met, everyone seems very friendly. I think that the students do a good job of "pushing" each other to do better. Wordup and I went to undergrad together, and a large reason for our success has been our challenging one another to get into med school. I can say with absolute confidence that I (as well as everyone else) will be trying to do our best when it comes to grades and boards. Nobody wants to dedicate that much time and effort and over 100K in debt to do poorly. I take my student status very seriously but not to the point that I'm a bitter man who nobody wants to be around.

I looked around for a comprehensive match list for the school, but was unable to find one. However, I did find one that I was not able to access b/c it was on the Hippocrates system and I need a password. You should contact the office of admissions and tell them to send it to you. Additionally, you should look at scutwork.com and the ouhsc.edu website under the OU residency listings to see what they have and who matched. They did have a match list at my interview. I can't remember everything on it, but I think that forty percent or so enter a primary care field, and everything seemed to be represented.

You'll have to do the comparison of OU and MCO (board scores, reputation, etc.) for yourself. I'm sure that you know more about it than I do since I've never been to the campus.

There is on-campus housing (built last year I think) and it'll run you around ~500/mo. Apartments (about 5 miles from the school) where I'll be living start at $479, but you can get them for around 350-400 if you go a little farther north. All things considered, the cost of living in OKC (or all of oklahoma for that matter) is low. I think that OK ranks as one of the lowest-cost states in the nation. What is your home state of residence?

I hope that this helps. PM me if you want to know more about personal stats or anything else (like housing).

-Adam

evenstar71 said:

I think if you are a resident of Ohio, then it would be cheaper to go to MCO, but if you are paying about the same for both schools, then I'd go to OU. I think the partying thing may be a little off, but since OU does block testing, students probably enjoy the time they dont have a test and then they have 1 week of hell with all the test at the same time.

I think OKC is a much better place than Toledo, for living and for clinicals. Furthermore, OU has football which will be a major stress relief. You will never experience anything like Norman on a Saturday afternoon in Fall.

Hands down go to OU, and become a Sooner!

Oklahoma is inexpensive to live I think. Like for instance the townhomes in my edition are $600 a month...3 bedroom/2 bath/2fireplace/1000+sq ft/1 car garage/washer dryer hookup. Those townhomes are 12 miles (10 mins) from the medical school and the whole Health Science Center.

Hmm I know quite a few medical students at OU and not a one of them are the party type (not saying that there isn't any, just I dont personally know any). I have never heard anyone say the students at OU med are not good quality. I'm certainly not the party type anymore, I have 2 little kids and a husband.

And you will have to go down to the Norman campus, it is beautiful is the spring and fall especially :) I like to take my kids down there just to walk around, its so pretty.

MamaMD

I just got done looking at MCOs match list at their website and their list doesn't look too awe-inspiring. I assume that this would not beat out OU's. In addition, I was looking at the residency positions that are available through MCO, and while it is similar to OU's, there is no Derm, optho, or psychiatry residencies on campus. This may make it a little harder to get key contacts in these fields. DMEI at OU is one of the biggest centers for eye research in the country-one of the school's best assets.

I don't know how much you are weighing research opportunities in your descision, but I can speak from firsthand experience that there is crazy amounts of research that comes out of OU. Among other things, they had a large hand in the human genome project (I think that they sequenced an entire chromosome). Also, I read last year that OU sequenced more DNA base pairs last year than anywhere on Earth except a place in Japan. Just look at the graudate program in biomedical sciences website for info on current projects. Cell signalling and neurology seems to be popular. Moreover, the figure for research funding from MCOs website says that it was "above twenty million." I think that I read last year that OU's was seventy-two million. The MCO website says that the college has an impact of 500 million on the surrounding community. I have read that OUs is somewhere around 800 million. I don't know if this means anything, but money tends to follow clout. The Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation is also a very prestigious center for biomed stuff. There are also several private research companies located adjacent to the ouhsc campus.

Curriculum looks more or less the same between the two. I couldn't find a breakdown of costs. OUs campus is expanding. Last time I was there, I think they were beginning construction on a new research center. Oh yeah, the OU Physicians building is awesome looking. It would be so cool to work there. The campus is really neat with all of the helicopters flying dying people into the hospital. I'm making it a priority to get to ride on that thing at least once while I'm there.

I don't know what Toledo has going for it, but OKC is certainly moving on a upward trend with the renovation of downtown, the new Ford center, and the new ball park. These are more minor factors, but you'll like to have something to do from time to time.

Oh yeah......The modules look really cool (one of the main reasons I thought it would be a great school) and Hippocrates is really neat. :thumbup: Are you making your decision today before May 15 and what specialty do you want to go into?

I just looked at the MCO thread that you posted on. As far as the MCAT and GPA are concerned, we're about equal. So your classmates will be roughly as intellegent/unintellegent at either place.

Hello all,
Well after trying to get a studio at Univ. Village, I found out I am #10 on the waiting list w/ little chance of getting into one, however there are a couple of two bdrm townhouses left, which I did get. Not originally wanting a roommate, I am now reconsidering the idea. My original reasons for wanting to live alone were and conditiions for having a roommate include:

1. May be relocating family from Muskogee to OKC area during summer of MS1-MS2 or MS2-MS3, and have a large (125 gallon) saltwater reef tank that I would need to keep in the apt. for a couple weeks between house closings. I hate to impose and take up larger than my fair share of the apt., thus a potential roommate would have to be okay w/ that.

2. I like quiet study time and don't planning on socializing a whole lot (occ. dinners, movies etc., but not everynight partying), and it's often hard to find someone who has compatible views (though likely not so in medical school)

3. I am a fairly conservative Repbulican w/ somewhat middle ground social views and would be looking for someone of similar views. (I.E. - no treehugging commies :) )

4.I am married and have two boys (age 4 and 2) who might very occasionally come up for a day. This would be a rare event as my wife works full-time and I will be commuting back to Muskogee on most weekends, however, again as I hate to impose on people, I must disclose.

5. I'm big on people pulling their own weight, splitting cooking, keeping place clean, etc. I'm not an absolute neat freak, but I can't stand to live in a dump. Personal responsibility is a good thing.

5.Split rent would be $350/mo. + 1/2 utilities and 1/2 required utility deposits. If someone wants to move into the apt. I've got reserved, that person would be responsible for the $350 due on their move in date. I'm moving in Aug. 1st, and will be submitting as a deposit, the required 1/2 rent in a week or so which is applicable to 1st month. I assume the rent is due on the 1st of the month which applies to the coming month.

6.Study area for both people would be normally understood to be in bedrooms (high-speed internet connection in both), leaving the living room free for tv, hanging out, whatever. It sucks not to be able to watch TV, eat or whatever, cuz somebody is studying (unless we're group studying)

About me, I'm a 28 y/o Christian white guy, married about 6 years, 2 kids, 3 dogs, been a paramedic for 7 years, have a BS-Biology from NSU, like to drink occ., smoke rarely (socially), go to the lake (have a ski boat), mess w/ my reef tank, beat the wife, kick the dogs, etc. I think George Bush is a great guy, support the war in Iraq, and enjoy watching "The O'Reilly Factor". I hope to pursue a surgical career. As of now, I'm primarily interested in ortho or ENT.

Anyway, I haven't had a roommate since 1996, the last which stole a bunch of my stuff and pawned it, thus I'm a little apprehensive. If there's anybody here who feels like they would be a good match (not that kind, my homosexual tendencies are zero) :), give me a pm and tell me about yourself.
Later on
Tony

Oh crap! No treehugging commies! :laugh:

Hey all...

any of you Okies planning on going to the Vegas SDN thing next month?

I'm planning on taking a greyhound bus there if anyone wants to join me... OR if you're driving and want an extra passenger with GAS MONEY...let me know :thumbup:

Johnny :D

JohnnyOU said:
Hey all...

I'm planning on taking a greyhound bus there if anyone wants to join me... OR if you're driving and want an extra passenger with GAS MONEY...let me know :thumbup:

*removes head from arse*

What vegas thing?

JohnnyOU said:
Hey all...

When is it? I had no idea there was one. What all does it entail/cost? I start my summer classes on June 9th.

By the way, I think I might know your wife Catina? She mentioned her husband was pre-med like myself. Maybe I have the wrong person though.

Anyways, besides being a full time student I take care of my kids full time/homeschooling so I'm not sure if I would be able to make it, or would it be a family friendly event? I know my husband would like to go to Vegas for sure :)

Marilyn

You guys, what do you think OU is looking for in applicants?

Almost everyone I know who has been accepted in the last 2 years are applicants with higher than average GPAs (3.8-4.0) and high MCAT scores. I only know one lady (my child's pediatrition-Dr Mary Blue) who got in with a 3.5, average MCAT but she was 37 when she applied with 4 kids and was an RN, so lots of life experience. None of them had much of any clinical experiece at all except the lady who was an RN. She only applied to OU and got accepted her first try.

Just curious as what your thoughts on what OU is looking for.

Marilyn

mamaMD said:

Almost everyone I know who has been accepted in the last 2 years are applicants with higher than average GPAs (3.8-4.0) and high MCAT scores. I only know one lady (my child's pediatrition-Dr Mary Blue) who got in with a 3.5, average MCAT but she was 37 when she applied with 4 kids and was an RN, so lots of life experience. None of them had much of any clinical experiece at all except the lady who was an RN. She only applied to OU and got accepted her first try.

Marilyn

I hope OU is looking for bald guys w/ goutees... who don't have a 3.8-4.0 :D

I have other plans if OU rejects me for some reason...but that's where I'm hoping to get in.

ps... The Vegas thing is June 24th-27th I think.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=122192

Carbon is running the info I think...

It costs nothing, as far as I know. A Greyhound ticket form Norman to Vegas is only $138 roundtrip if you buy it 7 days ahead. That, plus your hotel and food are the only expenses necessary.

I'm still waiting on the info myself. :thumbup:

mamaMD said:

Marilyn

I think that OU looks for basically the same thing as any other med school-high numbers, good experience, and a real desire to practice medicine.

Per the OU Office of admissions, An actual OK resident am I! Like I didn't know that, only having lived here for 10 years, worked full-time, married, raised a family, etc. etc. etc. I still don't know how the issue came into question, other than I went to an out-of-state high school 10 years ago. But, it doesn't matter now. The important part, is I won't be paying 40 grand a year or so in tuition!

oudoc08 said:
Per the OU Office of admissions, An actual OK resident am I! Like I didn't know that, only having lived here for 10 years, worked full-time, married, raised a family, etc. etc. etc. I still don't know how the issue came into question, other than I went to an out-of-state high school 10 years ago. But, it doesn't matter now. The important part, is I won't be paying 40 grand a year or so in tuition!

Congrats......I guess. Them considering you out of state is just plain weird. Glad everything is going to be alright.

mama md i havent met anyone that got in with under a 3.7 yet, and a 30 mcat, so ya numbers are essential. Even though their average is 3.7 so youd think theyd be alot more than what ive seen under a 3.7. And i think those under 3.7 are pretty active clubs,frat, all that other crap, and have some really good health experience.

Have any of you who are about to start OU med school, decided for sure if you're going to do a Medical School Diaries section for all us OU fans :D

Hope so!!!!

J~

Took a tour of the OU Med School and facilities today with Dodie Sharp. Very nice lady and extremely enthusiastic over all the great things going on at OU med school. I was very impressed with the facilities and campus. Definitely liked it, just hope my MCAT score will be competitive enough to get me an interview on the 1st day!
Can you still get a 1st day interview if you take the august test? I'm still waiting on april results, but feel like it could be as low as 26 ,and as high as 31. What kind of score would you need for a 1st day interview and about a 3.78 gpa? Would a 3.78 even make up for a lower mcat score?

My only complaint about the school was that I thought it would be alot cheaper. Tuition being 15,000 plus the 5000+ for lab fees/student fees, and then housing. Definitely a little bummed that overall itll cost about 25,000 or more to go OU med school

Congrats to everyone and on making a wise decision to attend a great school. (I'm praying I'll be in your shoes in a year)

Glad you liked the school! Tuition is $15,000, but the other $5,000 that you mentioned is your books/supplies allowance. You can spend it how you want. Of course, if you're out of state, tuition is much higher! Still though, $15,000 is a LOT of money....

I can't answer your other questions. I don't know the formula for interviewing on the 1st day. Keep in mind though, that lots of people who interview on the last day get in too. 1st day interviews are no guarantee, but the odds are much better. I think my point here is don't be bummed out over a non- first day interview :)

pbehzad said:
Took a tour of the OU Med School and facilities today with Dodie Sharp. Very nice lady and extremely enthusiastic over all the great things going on at OU med school. I was very impressed with the facilities and campus. Definitely liked it, just hope my MCAT score will be competitive enough to get me an interview on the 1st day!
Can you still get a 1st day interview if you take the august test? I'm still waiting on april results, but feel like it could be as low as 26 ,and as high as 31. What kind of score would you need for a 1st day interview and about a 3.78 gpa? Would a 3.78 even make up for a lower mcat score?

My only complaint about the school was that I thought it would be alot cheaper. Tuition being 15,000 plus the 5000+ for lab fees/student fees, and then housing. Definitely a little bummed that overall itll cost about 25,000 or more to go OU med school

Congrats to everyone and on making a wise decision to attend a great school. (I'm praying I'll be in your shoes in a year)

You'll be fine. I know people who got in that didn't interview on the first day. However, I think that the lowest MCAT that I saw on first day was a 32. If your MCAT is within the range that you predicted, you'll be fine. Like the previous post said, a first day interview is a good thing but not an outright acceptance. There was a guy at my interview with a 38 MCAT and a ~3.8 GPA who got rejected (not even waitlisted :eek: ). I'm not sure what the reasons were. And yes, you can get a first day interview off of the august mcat. Wordup and I both took the test in august. OU interviews very late in the cycle (December and January) while most schools start in October or November. I agree with you. The cost of school does suck. There was a big hike a couple of years ago. Just look at it as an investment--no different from starting your own business. I consider student loans to be about the best debt that you can have. At least their an investment to get you somewhere. If you borrow everything at OU, you'll end up about 150-160K in the hole when your out. If you were to go to some out of state schools, you could end up at 200+K. Just keep in in perspective. I've spent the last few years living off of less that I'm getting ready to pay in tuition, but I'll be much better off in the long run.

Ha Ha in yo face sharp. I got my computer running without your damn dirty modem. By the way has anyone had any success in finding a lender? I've looked at several and medloans looks alright but the origination fees. Does anyone have advice on this subject any input is appreciated.

Dood,

I am still waiting on the school to get my financial aid right. I called today since I have still not received my award letter. They told me I had 16K for the whole year. I was like, wtf? They had me in the computer as an undergrad :rolleyes: . Everything should be OK now though. I need to find a lender. Look over in the financial aid forum, wordup. oudoc08 and the others, who are you using for your loans?

Haven't yet decided on a lender. I originally had Armstrong Bank in Muskogee for my undergrad loans, but they sold them to OSLA. So, I'm not sure whether there's any benefit in using them again, or going through OSLA (can you do that? I don't know since I haven't yet received my updated fin. aid award notice), or what. I was kind of hoping to wait and see what some of you had done.

Bump this baby up

I'm so glad you kept this alive. lol I thought that it was gone into complete oblivion.

hey sharp didya get moved in yet? my visit to the apartments was so-so on one hand it is very close to the college on the other their are like shelled out buildings all around there and hordes of warmongering insurgents. but with oudoc there i'm sure that we can stave off any attack that might occur. what we need to do is build a moat around the village and keep monsters in it. some of us might not make it out alive but that is a risk that i am willing to take.
how is the warwick west?

Anybody besides me have too many projects? Had to move my 125g reef tank out of my living room into my office. A large job consisting of about 5 days, 2 friends, several large totes, tubs and trash cans, as well as a fair bit of cussing, spitting, water spilling and bitching. It's back up though, cloudy as he!!, and I haven't yet got all the coral back in yet. We'll have to see. In addition, we had hardwood floors put in the kitchen, dining room and living room (why I had to move the tank), and are painting the whole house (inside and out), all new mouldings (crown, base, etc.)
I also have to clean out the garage, mow the grass, and catch up on all the other normal junk that needs to be done and haven't had time to get around to lately.
Oh yeah, and to top it off, my comp's been down for the last week. Router and DSL aren't playing nicely together.
Argh.

SURE program?

My husband just finished the Orientation for the students in the SURE program last week and was telling me a bit about it (he also got a free t-shirt for me....lol). Anyways I was looking at the webpage and it said that they expected you to have some laboratory research going into the SURE program.....who has done SURE and what kind of prior research did you have? Also, what are the housing/living arangement for the summer? For some reason I got the feeling from the website that you have to stay on campus or live there or something.....am I incorrect?

I might apply for this next summer but I have no prior research experience at all, nor will I have time to get any :(

Marilyn

Have you guys received any info yet? I was wondering what shots I will need to have before the semester starts. The health insurance offered by OU etc...

On another note OUdoc I was wondering how many of your ambulance trips were absolutely necessary and how many were obvious dumps. And how much does an ambulance ride cost? Just curious.

mamaMD said:
SURE program?

My husband just finished the Orientation for the students in the SURE program last week and was telling me a bit about it (he also got a free t-shirt for me....lol). Anyways I was looking at the webpage and it said that they expected you to have some laboratory research going into the SURE program.....who has done SURE and what kind of prior research did you have? Also, what are the housing/living arangement for the summer? For some reason I got the feeling from the website that you have to stay on campus or live there or something.....am I incorrect?

I might apply for this next summer but I have no prior research experience at all, nor will I have time to get any :(

Marilyn

I'm going to apply for next summer's session also I think. It depends on that whole "have to live at our place" thing they seem to have going on. Not sure how well that would fly :)

I'll have to research it a little more.

Johnny

JohnnyOU said:
I'm going to apply for next summer's session also I think. It depends on that whole "have to live at our place" thing they seem to have going on. Not sure how well that would fly :)

I'll have to research it a little more.

Johnny

Johnny let me know what all you find out then and I will do the same. Ya, the "have to live at our place" thing is not cool with me, I have kids and am married (and I am thinking you are as well?).....I mean I can't just move out like that....lol Maybe they are just interested in single, young people or something. I know my husband said all the students in the orientation he did were all very early 20's (I am 30) and single.

Marilyn

mamaMD said:
Johnny let me know what all you find out then and I will do the same. Ya, the "have to live at our place" thing is not cool with me, I have kids and am married (and I am thinking you are as well?).....I mean I can't just move out like that....lol Maybe they are just interested in single, young people or something. I know my husband said all the students in the orientation he did were all very early 20's (I am 30) and single.

Marilyn

Marilyn,

Yep...we're both married with little angels (kiddos)... but I'm a little older...35.
Catina is 28.

I'll definitely let you know if I find out anything about the next SURE program.

Johnny :)

JohnnyOU said:
Marilyn,

Yep...we're both married with little angels (kiddos)... but I'm a little older...35.
Catina is 28.

I'll definitely let you know if I find out anything about the next SURE program.

Johnny :)

Congrats on your newest little one by the way, he is a cutie!

Marilyn

mamaMD said:
Congrats on your newest little one by the way, he is a cutie!

Marilyn

Thank you :D

Johnny