UPenn c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any current PennVet students talk about what the discount at the vet med center is for students/other things offered? Sorry if this is in another thread somewhere else and I missed it.
 
Can any current PennVet students talk about what the discount at the vet med center is for students/other things offered? Sorry if this is in another thread somewhere else and I missed it.
50%! They add it right to your term bill. Also discounts on various things like food and preventatives. Not a current student, but I asked the student admissions reps the day of the interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already know a couple people in this thread from interview day.
upload_2019-2-12_8-13-20.gif
 
Let’s just pretend like my first attempt at posting that didn’t happen.

It’s cool when I insert gifs on my phone i forget that they need to buffer and half the time they post without the gif.
It happened this time and I deleted the post and re-replied hahaha
 
My IS rejected me yesterday... It stung, but onward and upward! Waiting for a few other schools, but Penn is the frontrunner as of now!
Wow. Really goes to show that you never know what’s going to happen. Although I’m sorry about the IS rejection, it must still feel great that you have options! If you come to Penn, I’ll be the first to welcome you to this awesome city!
 
I have still not received a rejection or interview invite... Do you have to interview to be wait-listed?
I haven't heard anything yet as well- from what I've been told, you do have to interview to be put on the waitlist. I contacted admission last month and was told that they expect to be done interviewing by the 28th, but they couldn't give me an exact date. I will be traveling at the end of the month for work and called to make sure it wouldn't interfere with their interview dates. It sounded like they weren't 100% certain that would be the last interview date though!
 
I haven't heard anything yet as well- from what I've been told, you do have to interview to be put on the waitlist. I contacted admission last month and was told that they expect to be done interviewing by the 28th, but they couldn't give me an exact date. I will be traveling at the end of the month for work and called to make sure it wouldn't interfere with their interview dates. It sounded like they weren't 100% certain that would be the last interview date though!

I’ve heard similar details from other people! I just want an answer! Haha Im still waiting on my IS school and I’m just so ready to have a plan
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is going to sound DUMB af but...Penn is my top school right now! I am waiting to hear back from Tufts, Minnesota and Iowa and am 99% ready to cancel my Illinois interview because I have no more money for travel + I already got in somewhere. The thing is I am also in a class that only Tufts and Iowa require that I hate and am ready to drop. I don't know if I should stick it out till decions or commit to Penn already. For those of you that really know you want to go to Penn, what made you make the decision as opposed to attending somewhere else? (P.S. I am aware of the "factors when picking a school" thread. I have read religiously but not I just want to hear opinions from current students or class of 2023 kids!)

PLEASE don't say go to the cheapest school! I know that but I am really trying to get a sense of WHY Penn for other reasons.
 
This is going to sound DUMB af but...Penn is my top school right now! I am waiting to hear back from Tufts, Minnesota and Iowa and am 99% ready to cancel my Illinois interview because I have no more money for travel + I already got in somewhere. The thing is I am also in a class that only Tufts and Iowa require that I hate and am ready to drop. I don't know if I should stick it out till decions or commit to Penn already. For those of you that really know you want to go to Penn, what made you make the decision as opposed to attending somewhere else? (P.S. I am aware of the "factors when picking a school" thread. I have read religiously but not I just want to hear opinions from current students or class of 2023 kids!)

PLEASE don't say go to the cheapest school! I know that but I am really trying to get a sense of WHY Penn for other reasons.
Hey! I am in a very very similar situation. Do you mind PM'ing me? It won't let me message you!
 
This is going to sound DUMB af but...Penn is my top school right now! I am waiting to hear back from Tufts, Minnesota and Iowa and am 99% ready to cancel my Illinois interview because I have no more money for travel + I already got in somewhere. The thing is I am also in a class that only Tufts and Iowa require that I hate and am ready to drop. I don't know if I should stick it out till decions or commit to Penn already. For those of you that really know you want to go to Penn, what made you make the decision as opposed to attending somewhere else? (P.S. I am aware of the "factors when picking a school" thread. I have read religiously but not I just want to hear opinions from current students or class of 2023 kids!)

PLEASE don't say go to the cheapest school! I know that but I am really trying to get a sense of WHY Penn for other reasons.
I can tell you that if you want to practice in the philly/south jersey area then being a Penn grad will serve you well. It’s just sort of a thing down here. If you want to do research, Penn is also fantastic. Plus this city can’t be beat. Lots of history at the school, and great potential to specialize.
 
This is going to sound DUMB af but...Penn is my top school right now! I am waiting to hear back from Tufts, Minnesota and Iowa and am 99% ready to cancel my Illinois interview because I have no more money for travel + I already got in somewhere. The thing is I am also in a class that only Tufts and Iowa require that I hate and am ready to drop. I don't know if I should stick it out till decions or commit to Penn already. For those of you that really know you want to go to Penn, what made you make the decision as opposed to attending somewhere else? (P.S. I am aware of the "factors when picking a school" thread. I have read religiously but not I just want to hear opinions from current students or class of 2023 kids!)

PLEASE don't say go to the cheapest school! I know that but I am really trying to get a sense of WHY Penn for other reasons.

So I ended up cancelling my last interview at another school because I was exhausted from traveling/didn't want to spend more money and I knew that even if I got into that school I would choose Penn over it anyways. I chose Penn because I really liked the atmosphere/culture of the school and the city is great (I wanted a school in a city). When I interviewed everyone was really nice and laid back and always willing to help. It seemed that people had a good school/life balance and I liked that they have happy hours every Friday with free beer that anyone can go to and just hangout. Also the ideals of the school and its research/academic focuses aligned with my interests. I also waited until I heard back from all of the schools to commit, just to weigh my options of the schools I was accepted to but it didn't change anything, I still chose Penn.
 
This is going to sound DUMB af but...Penn is my top school right now! I am waiting to hear back from Tufts, Minnesota and Iowa and am 99% ready to cancel my Illinois interview because I have no more money for travel + I already got in somewhere. The thing is I am also in a class that only Tufts and Iowa require that I hate and am ready to drop. I don't know if I should stick it out till decions or commit to Penn already. For those of you that really know you want to go to Penn, what made you make the decision as opposed to attending somewhere else? (P.S. I am aware of the "factors when picking a school" thread. I have read religiously but not I just want to hear opinions from current students or class of 2023 kids!)

PLEASE don't say go to the cheapest school! I know that but I am really trying to get a sense of WHY Penn for other reasons.

I personally think you should wait because its only like two more weeks to hear back from most schools and I know you really liked tufts. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad