You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
USUHS Clinical Psychology - 2018 Cohort Applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck! I am applying, too. I am currently enlisted, finishing up my B.S. I'm not sure how competitive I will be since I am barely finishing up, but I think it's definitely worth trying. 🙂 Are you already in the military? Good luck and keep in touch! Hopefully, we are studying together, next year. 🙂
Same to you! I'm enlisted as well - just shine with your GREs, personal statement and letters of references! I'm mil to mil, so that complicates the process if I am accepted but this oppportunity is too amazing to not apply.Good luck! I am applying, too. I am currently enlisted, finishing up my B.S. I'm not sure how competitive I will be since I am barely finishing up, but I think it's definitely worth trying. 🙂 Are you already in the military? Good luck and keep in touch! Hopefully, we are studying together, next year. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I have applied to the 2018 Military Track. I am a prior mil spouse and I finished my M.S. in Psychology in 2015. I only have a little clinical experience and I have research experience through undergrad and grad research projects. I am not sure how competitive my package is with my undergrad gpa 3.0, grad gpa 3.9 and gre 305 but I am nervous and excited about this opportunity.
Hello! I have applied to the 2018 Military Track. I am a prior mil spouse and I finished my M.S. in Psychology in 2015. I only have a little clinical experience and I have research experience through undergrad and grad research projects. I am not sure how competitive my package is with my undergrad gpa 3.0, grad gpa 3.9 and gre 305 but I am nervous and excited about this opportunity.
I"m right along the same lines except an abysmal undergraduate GPA. I do have a 3.9 in master's program, ample clinical work, pretty applicable research experience, GRE-308, and some pretty strong LOR. I reached out to faculty beforehand and am hoping I have at least some of the criteria that they are searching for!
smitcor, if you dont mind me asking, what are you looking forward to researching and working with? I attempted to make contact via email with my two advisers of interest before thanksgiving but never heard back.I"m right along the same lines except an abysmal undergraduate GPA. I do have a 3.9 in master's program, ample clinical work, pretty applicable research experience, GRE-308, and some pretty strong LOR. I reached out to faculty beforehand and am hoping I have at least some of the criteria that they are searching for!
If you're emailing just to make contact, ask for information that is available on their website, etc., you're not likely to receive a response. These faculty members receive many emails just like yours every day during application season. They just don't have to respond to these things and, honestly, they don't really need to.smitcor, if you dont mind me asking, what are you looking forward to researching and working with? I attempted to make contact via email with my two advisers of interest before thanksgiving but never heard back.
Again, the point is that these are busy people and you should only be bothering them if you can't find information on your own after thorough investigation. Maybe yo can email to inquire to see if they are taking new students, but that info better not be on their website or that of the program. It will make you look bad to email them when you could put forth a bit of effort to find the information on your own.Most interested in suicide prevention, trauma, and substance abuse. I'm hoping to work with Dr. Holloway or Dr. Goodie as a mentor. I reached out pretty early in the year when they may not have been quite as bombarded by prospective students.
Correct, my initial email asked if they were taking an advisee, which was not posted on the website at the time, as well as posed other research questions in relation to their current work and studies. I got an informative email in return with some specific questions to answer in my statement of intent in regards to one professor's lab in particular. Again, this was probably likely due to them not being quite as bombarded and also posing a specific question. Anyone else applying for the 2018 cohort?Again, the point is that these are busy people and you should only be bothering them if you can't find information on your own after thorough investigation. Maybe yo can email to inquire to see if they are taking new students, but that info better not be on their website or that of the program. It will make you look bad to email them when you could put forth a bit of effort to find the information on your own.
Hello! I was curious to see if anyone else has applied this year? The board dates are quickly approaching and I am feeling antsy for the end of January results to come out!!
I am active duty and I applied for the AF Military Track as well.
I am active duty and I applied for the AF Military Track as well.
I have not heard anything yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On another thread it looks like two people have received interview invites.
I emailed the graduate office earlier this week and got a reply that I was unlikely to get an invitation to interview and that I can seek feedback in the spring so I will do that to prepare to reapply next year.
Has anyone heard anything since the interview?
Apparently all offers have been extended. Congrats to those who got in.Has anyone heard anything since the interview?
anyone can assist me on what to write for my academic statement of purpose?