UT Austin Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They said a packet was going out in the mail soon. I'm assuming the instructions for paying are going to be included in there.

Members don't see this ad.

On the other hand, I'm really excited to meet everyone! I hope a Facebook group is made soon!:)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from Ann Spencer yet? I sent in my answer to the offer of admission and would like a confirmation or something to make sure it was received! Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from Ann Spencer yet? I sent in my answer to the offer of admission and would like a confirmation or something to make sure it was received! Haha
Was just wondering that too haha! I haven't gotten any reply either.

Reactions: 1 user

I haven't received a confirmation either! I think we'll probably get more updates once the March 7th deadline passes. :happy:

Nope! But I'm sure there's a lot happening on their end right now haha

Have you paid your deposit yet? I was going to pay it but in my acceptance email there was no information how we can pay it!
I don't think anyone has paid their deposit yet. All we can do at the moment is reply to Ann Spencer. As long as you did that you should be fine until they send us more information!

Hey guys! I saw that you all had some questions so I'm going to do my best to answer them.
1) UT has a late date for deposits. If they haven't said anything so far, it's because you don't need to do anything yet. You will be receiving MANY emails between now and August so just look out for them.
2) The New Student Orientation leaders will be making a Facebook group for you all. It may take a little time for them to get everything situated but it'll happen. They will make a spreadsheet for you all to add your names if you need a roommate. It'll allow you to put your preference of location, cost, if you have pets, etc.
3) I personally enjoy living in north campus. It's very close to the law school & my apartment has many law students so it's always quiet. I don't have a car but everything is super accessible. I walk to the pharmacy building in 15 minutes but there are also 2 different busses I take in bad weather
4) If you're on the wait list, don't worry! The only thing is that if you do get offered a spot, it may take awhile. Some people drop out late in the game because they chose to go to a different school, something happened, etc. If you do get offered a seat, don't feel like you're the last pick! I know people who were initially on the wait list in our class & they're brilliant & perfect for our school.

Hope this helped :) let me know if you have any other questions

Reactions: 7 users
Regarding the deposit, I found this information on the PharmCAS website for UT. It has a date of May 1st and an amount of $200 so I guess we'll just wait until they give us more information.
ImageUploadedBySDN1456988173.609325.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I saw that you all had some questions so I'm going to do my best to answer them.
1) UT has a late date for deposits. If they haven't said anything so far, it's because you don't need to do anything yet. You will be receiving MANY emails between now and August so just look out for them.
2) The New Student Orientation leaders will be making a Facebook group for you all. It may take a little time for them to get everything situated but it'll happen. They will make a spreadsheet for you all to add your names if you need a roommate. It'll allow you to put your preference of location, cost, if you have pets, etc.
3) I personally enjoy living in north campus. It's very close to the law school & my apartment has many law students so it's always quiet. I don't have a car but everything is super accessible. I walk to the pharmacy building in 15 minutes but there are also 2 different busses I take in bad weather
4) If you're on the wait list, don't worry! The only thing is that if you do get offered a spot, it may take awhile. Some people drop out late in the game because they chose to go to a different school, something happened, etc. If you do get offered a seat, don't feel like you're the last pick! I know people who were initially on the wait list in our class & they're brilliant & perfect for our school.

Hope this helped :) let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks for that helpful info! Do you have any recommendations on specific apartments to look at? What's the one you live in called?

Got an email from Ann Spencer saying we should be receiving an email with an attached acceptance letter within the next few days!

Thanks for that helpful info! Do you have any recommendations on specific apartments to look at? What's the one you live in called?

No problem! hmm the one I live in is called River Oaks. I'm not from Austin so I'm not sure if there are any specific apartments to be recommended. I'm not staying here this summer & my apartment allows you to do a 10-month lease so it was convenient for me. What I would recommend:
1) Try to find an apartment sooner than later because people are already making arrangements now
2) I found my apartment through a free real estate agent. She's awesome & knows the area very well. Her name is Sunday Taylor & her number is 512 322 9556. All you have to do is call her & set up an appointment, if you're able to come to the area. If not, she may be able to make recommendations. I think there may be other free real estate agents here but she's the one I heard about

Hey y'all, current P1 here---I live in West campus. My apartment is about a 5-10 min walk from the pharmacy building. I think it's only been noisy around my complex once----otherwise it's super quiet. Hope that helps :)
I also used apartment finders service (it's free) and I was able to look at a few apartments within my price range! Congrats on getting accepted---can't wait to see yall next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
This may be a dumb question, but if we had the hepatitis B vaccination series as an infant, do we have to do it again?

This may be a dumb question, but if we had the hepatitis B vaccination series as an infant, do we have to do it again?
I had it as an infant as well but I did show immunity when I got the titer. I think they sent an email about it shortly after the supplemental application was due but you have to get a titer proving you have immunity and if you don't you have to get them again

I had it as an infant as well but I did show immunity when I got the titer. I think they sent an email about it shortly after the supplemental application was due but you have to get a titer proving you have immunity and if you don't you have to get them again
Thank you!

Hey! I emailed the admissions office a few months back and asked them the same question. They told me to redo the series since it's been 20 years since I got it. When I went to my doctor they wanted me to do a titer first and it showed I lost immunity so I am redoing my series again. You might want to have the titer done to check for immunity cause it's possible you might have lost it by now.

Hey! I emailed the admissions office a few months back and asked them the same question. They told me to redo the series since it's been 20 years since I got it. When I went to my doctor they wanted me to do a titer first and it showed I lost immunity so I am redoing my series again. You might want to have the titer done to check for immunity cause it's possible you might have lost it by now.
Ah dang. Hopefully my titer is positive, otherwise I might not have the series done in time lol

Honestly, don't worry about it. There were people in our class who were still getting the series at the end of last semester. You'll all be fine. The school does a good job of working with you in regards to all of the vaccinations and titers.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else put in a deposit for a different school? I was offered a seat at Texas Tech a while back and put in a deposit and accepted their offer of admission, and now I have accepted UTCOP's offer of admission too. Should I go ahead and contact Texas Tech's admissions office and withdraw from their program since I've decided to go to UT?

Has anyone else put in a deposit for a different school? I was offered a seat at Texas Tech a while back and put in a deposit and accepted their offer of admission, and now I have accepted UTCOP's offer of admission too. Should I go ahead and contact Texas Tech's admissions office and withdraw from their program since I've decided to go to UT?
Yes, I had to do the same thing.

Should I just call Tech's admissions office and tell them I am withdrawing from their program?
I personally emailed them just to have proof that I contacted them. I doubt something would go wrong but I prefer knowing who I'm speaking to and it's also never a bad thing to have something to refer to haha

I personally emailed them just to have proof that I contacted them. I doubt something would go wrong but I prefer knowing who I'm speaking to and it's also never a bad thing to have something to refer to haha
Ah that's a good point haha. I called the student services office and they told me to email Mike so I ended up just sending an email anyways lol. Thanks for the help!

Has anyone received the email with the attached acceptance letter from Ann Spencer yet? I'm also in a similar situation because I was also accepted to Texas Tech. I was planning on waiting for UT to email us back before telling Texas Tech.

Has anyone received the email with the attached acceptance letter from Ann Spencer yet? I'm also in a similar situation because I was also accepted to Texas Tech. I was planning on waiting for UT to email us back before telling Texas Tech.
I haven't received anything yet. I was gonna wait for my official acceptance letter too, but I got antsy and went ahead and emailed Tech anyways.

I just received this email about an hour ago so it seems like we'll be starting to hear back from them more often now
ImageUploadedBySDN1457979014.859529.jpg

I just received this email about an hour ago so it seems like we'll be starting to hear back from them more often now
View attachment 201294
Did you try taking the survey? There's a problem with mine (I tried it in different browsers) I can't click or make any choices

Nvm the survey will open and work on my phone but not from my laptop

Last edited:
Did you try taking the survey? There's a problem with mine (I tried it in different browsers) I can't click or make any choices

Nvm the survey will open and work on my phone but not from my laptop
That's so strange! Yes, I did it on my phone, too. I was anticipating a longer survey but it took me like 10 seconds lol

That's so strange! Yes, I did it on my phone, too. I was anticipating a longer survey but it took me like 10 seconds lol
Lol yeah and samee
I emailed Greg back about it, hopefully, if other students have technical problems with it on their computers, then their phones should be okay.
Maybe it was just me but the survey didn't open and work on my computer

Yay! We officially got an email from Dean Acosta! Check your inboxes!

Hello everyone. I know many people have already rented an apartment and i was wondering how i could get started. I know they said that they will send us a list of ppl who need a roommate etc but when will that be? I fear i won't get a good apartment/location by that time. Is anyone looking for a roommate(girl)? i'm not from austin so i am a bit terrified of what i hear from West Campus... does anyone want to shine some light on the subject
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

#9 on the waiting list and I just got accepted today!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone. I know many people have already rented an apartment and i was wondering how i could get started. I know they said that they will send us a list of ppl who need a roommate etc but when will that be? I fear i won't get a good apartment/location by that time. Is anyone looking for a roommate(girl)? i'm not from austin so i am a bit terrified of what i hear from West Campus... does anyone want to shine some light on the subject
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Yeh I was looking at places near West Campus until I heard its all 18-20yr olds. Do any of yall know apartments with mostly grad students? Also, which list of roommates are you referring to?

Yeh I was looking at places near West Campus until I heard its all 18-20yr olds. Do any of yall know apartments with mostly grad students? Also, which list of roommates are you referring to?
From what I know about the area (which is very little), West Campus is mainly undergrad students and also is where a few frats/sororities are located, so yes it can get rowdy and loud in that area. I've also heard about problems like car break-ins and robberies too, so it seems kinda sketchy to me. Also it's pretty expensive due to its proximity to the school. Grad students and older students generally live in North Campus/Hyde Park area I think. My friend lives in North Campus, and it's a pretty nice place and it takes her only 10 minutes to get to school by bus, so I think I'll be looking to live in that general area! However, it's also on the pricier side.

I also got an email last night about the Facebook group that was created for Class of 2020, so I think that's where they will be posting a roommate "spreadsheet" or list of some sort, but there isn't really much on the group page right now... so I don't know anything else about the rooming situation for that yet.

Last edited:
Do we already have a UT email address? And if so where can I find it? I can't join the fb page without it!

Did anyone else not get the email to join the Facebook page? Don't think I got it.

The email was from one of the New Student Orientation Co-Chairs. He invited us to join their Facebook group but you need an email address that ends in "utexas.edu" to join. I don't think we have one yet and the school probably assigns it to us.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You can sign up using your UT-EID by looking up UT Mail

Reactions: 3 users
I googled UT email and the first search option takes you to a page to sign up for an email with your UTEID, so you can make your email now to join the page.

Has anyone paid his/her $200 deposit yet?Have they emailed you guys about prereqs. please?

Has anyone paid his/her $200 deposit yet?Have they emailed you guys about prereqs. please?
I paid the deposit but have received nothing at all besides the initial admittance email