You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UT Austin Class of 2020
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
None on my end...[emoji17]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got some useful intel! Tomorrow will be the last day of calls. That came from the dean of admissions.
Oh my goodness [emoji20]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Oh gosh...won't be able to sleep comfortably tonight
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I just got some useful intel! Tomorrow will be the last day of calls. That came from the dean of admissions.
So after tomorrow, the people who dont get a call , will either be placed on hold or denied?
Just called admissions, and was told the last day of calls would be next week. I am confused by the inconsistencies that I've heard regarding this. Just trying to stay positive.
Bless your soul. So just wait til Monday (or Tuesday, lordy lord).
None of us will be ready for a career in any field of pharmacy after this because the mere sight of a telephone will cause us to curl up in the fetal position on the floor.
Bless your soul. So just wait til Monday (or Tuesday, lordy lord).
None of us will be ready for a career in any field of pharmacy after this because the mere sight of a telephone will cause us to curl up in the fetal position on the floor.
Couldn't have said it better myself
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Has anyone that received a call gotten an email yet?
I was wondering that, too. I got a call but haven't heard anything yet. I'm thinking they might email everyone once the calls are done.Has anyone that received a call gotten an email yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone that received a call gotten an email yet?
I received my call earlier this week on Monday around 4:30pm. I received a confirmation email regarding the phone call around 7:30pm.
An additional email offer of admission was stated to be emailed on or before March 1st (probably after ALL phone calls and acceptances had been offered).
And also, for those still waiting...one of my friends just told me that he got a call today.
I just called and spoke to the assistant dean of admissions (Renee Acosta) and she said that the official emails will probably go out next Tuesday so we haven't missed anything and my email address was correct on their end
Allegedly, last year it was done in the order of how much they wanted you... Which made me feel kinda crappy for a while that I got a very late call. However, after starting, you realize that none of that matters at all. So don't feel weird or awkward about getting a late call. Just be happy that you got one 🙂
To everyone still waiting, I called admissions again, because I'm going crazy lol, and asked if they were sending out calls today. The person on the other line seemed to avoid answering that directly, and instead replied "maybe sometime this week". Does anyone know when we get emails about rejections or waitlists?
Omg..I'm assuming after all the calls are made, they're going to send out emails.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I just got my call! Well, actually I missed it so they left me a voicemail. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted and to those who are waiting, good luck!
Congratulations to everyone getting acceptance calls today! I got mine last week... I look forward to meeting everyone in the Fall 🙂
Just received the email!!!! Exactly one week after my call 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Be on the lookout for emails! 

I got it too! It's official! I'm excited to meet everyone!!!
Ok so this might be a dumb question but I have to ask.
I've already accepted another schools offer and their scholarship offer. Will ut see this is will this affect my chances of getting accepted by ut?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I've already accepted another schools offer and their scholarship offer. Will ut see this is will this affect my chances of getting accepted by ut?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm definitely interested! I was waiting for a Facebook group to be created to get to know everyone, and I also wanted to get some input from current students on housing suggestions. I live in West Campus right now, but I'm not really sure if it would be the best place to live as a professional student.
Wooohooo!
One of my really good friends from high school that currently goes to UT suggested West Campus, but if it's not the best place to live for pharmacy school maybe I shouldn't? Nonetheless, I think it would be smart to live with other professional students and avoid the stress that comes with randoms. I know that no one's created one yet, but do you want to add each other on Facebook for the time being?
I'm interested too! Originally from Minnesota so the first time I visited Austin was for the interview so I'm clueless about the city[emoji16]I'm definitely interested! I was waiting for a Facebook group to be created to get to know everyone, and I also wanted to get some input from current students on housing suggestions. I live in West Campus right now, but I'm not really sure if it would be the best place to live as a professional student.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Congrats to everyone else that got in! So excited to meet everyone! Is there anyone interested in splitting the costs for an apartment close to campus? Preferably, a girl, cause I am one too. Haha. Let me know! 🙂
I'm interested too! I don't know if they're gonna help us with that or if we have to figure something out ourselves. There wasn't any information about that in their email either.
I'm interested too! I don't know if they're gonna help us with that or if we have to figure something out ourselves. There wasn't any information about that in their email either.
Join the party!
I just realized that in the interview packet there was a sheet with places closest to campus to live in. Haha.
I spoke with a couple of current students who told me that a lot of students prefer to live in a different area because West Campus is mostly undergraduate students, and it can get a little noisy especially on the weekends depending on where you live. It is really convenient to be so close to campus though! My experience has been pretty good, but I don't know how different being a pharmacy school student is compared to undergrad. I've heard that North Campus is a little quieter, so that could also be an option? But then again I'd like to speak with more current students about their experiences and what they suggest 🙂.
Yeah for sure, let's all add each other!
Yeah, I heard North Campus is quieter too. I'm already looking into it! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately, I was not accepted outright but at least made the waiting list. Does anyone know how many students were accepted from the waiting list the last couple of years? I heard 16 last year but that seems like a high number
https://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/admissions/admissionsreport2013.pdf
From the UT pharmacy school page. There it says 20 people declined in 2013. It does seem like a lot to me too. Someone said they were number 9 I think last year and they got in in June that year.
I'm on the waitlist too. It would be nice if they gave us the deadline that student who were accepted were given.
We were given until March 7th to accept or decline the offerhttps://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/admissions/admissionsreport2013.pdf
From the UT pharmacy school page. There it says 20 people declined in 2013. It does seem like a lot to me too. Someone said they were number 9 I think last year and they got in in June that year.
I'm on the waitlist too. It would be nice if they gave us the deadline that student who were accepted were given.
Have you paid your deposit yet? I was going to pay it but in my acceptance email there was no information how we can pay it!I just called and spoke to the assistant dean of admissions (Renee Acosta) and she said that the official emails will probably go out next Tuesday so we haven't missed anything and my email address was correct on their end
Have you paid your deposit yet? Do you know how we can pay it please?Does anyone know if we have to put down a deposit with our acceptance or anything? There wasn't much information in the email about what we need to do besides just accepting or declining.
