Colorado class of 2027 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do we need to send our fall grades?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I’m a current Vet Prep student and will be classmates with this cycle’s admitted students :) Hopefully decisions will be released next week. If you guys have any questions and/or want a tour of the campus, feel free to DM me! I’m excited to meet all of you and work with you in the future.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I’m a current Vet Prep student and will be classmates with this cycle’s admitted students :) Hopefully decisions will be released next week. If you guys have any questions and/or want a tour of the campus, feel free to DM me! I’m excited to meet all of you and work with you in the future.
how do you like the vet prep program? I think we aren’t supposed to find out from CSU until mid-January!

I think last year people found out the first business day after new years

Reactions: 2 users
how do you like the vet prep program? I think we aren’t supposed to find out from CSU until mid-January!
I had a few offers to DVM programs but ultimately accepted Vet Prep because of the in state tuition. I think that the program is a great fit and I feel better prepared for the DVM courseload! I will admit that we don’t have a Vet Prep program director currently but our class (10 people!) is super tight knit, resourceful, and have stepped up in helping each other adjust to life in Fort Collins.

For the past few cycles, they’ve released decisions on the first business day of January just like mpon said! Of course, I’m just a student and not on adcom so I cannot guarantee anything.

Reactions: 1 user
I think last year was January 4th? I was seeing No Way Home right after so sometime there.

Yep I saw on the APVMA FB group that they release decisions 1st business Monday. But won't they be closed on Jan 2nd?

Yep I saw on the APVMA FB group that they release decisions 1st business Monday. But won't they be closed on Jan 2nd?
Hmm, might be Tuesday then or January 9th.
I'm okay with it being later. Delay the rejection please.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hmm, might be Tuesday then or January 9th.
I'm okay with it being later. Delay the rejection please.
Lol I feel the same! My IS just rejected me last week. This week I'm supposed to hear from another school. My heart can't take 3 rejections in 3 weeks :lol:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Little bit of info from DVM/PhD applicant. Our interviews aren't until Jan 11-13, but we are supposed to be put back in the regular applicant pool if denied/waitlisted dual. Idk how that'd work if they sent info for everyone else prior to those dates 🤔 (They'd have to save some seats temporarily or have already decided that interview invitees are getting in, but those both seem odd). Don't know how it played out in previous years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Lol I feel the same! My IS just rejected me last week. This week I'm supposed to hear from another school. My heart can't take 3 rejections in 3 weeks :lol:
Yeah, I'm at 3-1 rejections this cycle. And the one was just "you're moving forward", not even an interview/acceptance.
Rough.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have the new “Prov Reqrmt” checklist item in their portal? I don’t, but I was wondering since in the past two years apparently there was a correlation with those who had the checklist item on their portal around late December and those who got accepted or waitlisted

Does anyone have the new “Prov Reqrmt” checklist item in their portal? I don’t, but I was wondering since in the past two years apparently there was a correlation with those who had the checklist item on their portal around late December and those who got accepted or waitlisted
Nope

nope

Nope! Maybe they nixed this since ppl caught on?

I don’t see it on mine!

Nope! Maybe they nixed this since ppl caught on?

Little bit of info from DVM/PhD applicant. Our interviews aren't until Jan 11-13, but we are supposed to be put back in the regular applicant pool if denied/waitlisted dual. Idk how that'd work if they sent info for everyone else prior to those dates 🤔 (They'd have to save some seats temporarily or have already decided that interview invitees are getting in, but those both seem odd). Don't know how it played out in previous years.

I think they definitely could have changed it if this was a indicator that people caught on to in previous years. I also wonder if portal updates and/or decisions will be delayed to account for the DVM/PhD combined program interviews not being for a few weeks yet. Does anyone know if there have been previous cycles where these interviews occurred after decisions went out? It sounds like they notify applicants for both programs on the same day, so I don't know how they can do that before interviews have started?

They have sent out dvm invites before dvm/phd interviews in previous years, so I'm assuming it will be the same. I'm sure they save some spots saved and if they aren't taken, wait listed folks will get those spots. This is just what I've gathered from working/chatting with current dvm/phds at csu.

Do any past applicants know are what time CSU sent our previous decision emails and do we still think today may be the day?

• Hmm
Do any past applicants know are what time CSU sent our previous decision emails and do we still think today may be the day?
I think today is a national holiday (since new years was sunday). I can't say I've looked at CSU, but the University I work at is on holiday and others as well, wouldn't expect today tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I think today is a national holiday (since new years was sunday). I can't say I've looked at CSU, but the University I work it is on holiday and others as well, wouldn't expect today tbh
Yes! I think today is considered a holiday since new years was over the weekend. I’m hopeful that tomorrow is the day but we’ll see :)

Yes that’s correct, today is the public observance of New Years so most schools and also companies actually have the day off

I got my update email on Jan 4 2021 at like literally 1AM pacific time lol

I’m not sure we will get it tonight. The past 2 years when they release decisions it wasn’t a “floating holiday”. Hopefully we will, but I’d be surprised!

I doubt we will just because almost every other school I’ve applied to has pushed back the date they release offers because of the increased applicants. Considering Colorado doesn’t do interviews they may take longer

Has anyone had any updates? the wait is killing me

Negative. Portal still says mid-January so I'd expect another week or two of waiting.
Last year it said mid-January but we got decisions the first week. I am hoping we hear from them later this week or early next, this wait sucks.

Reactions: 5 users
Last year it said mid-January but we got decisions the first week. I am hoping we hear from them later this week or early next, this wait sucks.
Yeah, I just like to expect it later on so then it's a (usually unpleasant ) surprise if I get it earlier.

Hoping for good news for you guys! Also waiting anxiously by my email today :)

• Care
Did anyone apply to the CSU/UAF 2+2yr program? Or any current students who’ve done it?

Has anyone heard anything?

Is anyone’s portal updated? I know mines not

I wonder how many applications they had this year. I know they normally get an insane amount

I wonder how many applications they had this year. I know they normally get an insane amount
At least they haven’t said anything about delaying decisions due to the number😬
Fingers crossed