Colorado class of 2027 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snailpon

Reaction score
Haven’t seen this yet ! Hopefuls for Colorado or Vet Prep?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2nd time OOS. The sheer number of applicants CSU gets is just mind-boggling. Hopefully I have better luck this time.

Reactions: 2 users
2nd time OOS. The sheer number of applicants CSU gets is just mind-boggling. Hopefully I have better luck this time.
2nd time OOS here too! And I totally feel you, CSU is probably my second or third ranked school but it's just insane how many people they get!!

Reactions: 1 user
Has Colorado received anyone's VMCAS yet? Mine was verified a few days ago, and they still haven't received it

2nd time OOS here too! And I totally feel you, CSU is probably my second or third ranked school but it's just insane how many people they get!!
I guess it's because Colorado is probably the single most desirable state to live in, but geez. Save some vet school for the rest of us 🤣

• Haha
Has Colorado received anyone's VMCAS yet? Mine was verified a few days ago, and they still haven't received it
Probably won't show up until at least mid-October. iirc they don't pull applicant data until October.

First year vet student here at CSU. I was also part of the vet prep program at CSU. If you have any questions let me know! Congratulations on getting this far! And good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
First year vet student here at CSU. I was also part of the vet prep program at CSU. If you have any questions let me know! Congratulations on getting this far! And good luck!
I am incredibly hopeful about the vet prep program! I know it involves first being rejected from the school, before receiving a call about the vet prep program. What a nerve-wracking, but also exciting time.

Members don't see this ad :)
First time OOS, actually thinking I have a decent chance at the vet prep program vs direct admittance. Waiting is the hardest part!

• Care
First time applying to CSU, 4th year applying overall :giggle: Good luck everyone! :luck:

Current DVM student + student ambassador at CSU here! Feel free to email us ambassadors with any questions you may have about our program/college/colorado anything at all!

For admissions/application specific question though, it is best to reach our admissions department via their email.

Good luck to all of you!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Current DVM student + student ambassador at CSU here! Feel free to email us ambassadors with any questions you may have about our program/college/colorado anything at all!

For admissions/application specific question though, it is best to reach our admissions department via their email.

Good luck to all of you!
For some reason it surprises me when I see "current DVM student" at CSU because, looking at the numbers, it seems impossible that anyone could get in.

Reactions: 4 users
For some reason it surprises me when I see "current DVM student" at CSU because, looking at the numbers, it seems impossible that anyone could get in.
I've heard a lot about that but I really can't find much about CSU's admissions stats. How many applicants apply here? Kinda nervous now 😅

1st year OOS. Hoping for Vet Prep even if it's a long shot!

I've heard a lot about that but I really can't find much about CSU's admissions stats. How many applicants apply here? Kinda nervous now 😅
It was roughly 4000 applicants last cycle and projected to increase!

• Wow
1st year OOS. Hoping for Vet Prep even if it's a long shot!
Good luck! I’m a current vet prep student. Message me if you have any questions about the program.

I can't remember where I found the stats but at least 4000. So... It's like a 3% acceptance rate?

4000 sounds about right. I didn't take a look back at it but they gave statistics out last year to everyone who got rejected. I just remember that the acceptance rate was extremely low.

Third time overall applicant and first time OOS Colorado applicant here. Colorado is kinda a long shot for me but you can't get in if you don't apply so I figured why not try. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Does anyone know if they release VetPrep decisions in January as well?

Does anyone know if they release VetPrep decisions in January as well?
Yes! We received notification at the same time. The portal will have two decision letters for you.

I applied to Colorado's combined DVM/PhD program and just received an invite for the interview process this morning!!

Reactions: 12 users
I applied to Colorado's combined DVM/PhD program and just received an invite for the interview process this morning!!

CONGRATS !!! That’s interesting ! Is it only because you’re in a combined program? I thought apps don’t get interviews? (I did normal app) I may be wrong!

CONGRATS !!! That’s interesting ! Is it only because you’re in a combined program? I thought apps don’t get interviews? (I did normal app) I may be wrong!
Thank you! Yes, interviews are just for the combined DVM/PhD program (although I'm not sure about the interview process for other combined programs). I think people hear in January otherwise!

2nd time OOS applicant, 3rd time overall. Good luck everyone!

2nd time OOS, 2nd time overall! Hope to hear some good news soon!

Hi! I am a first-time OOS applicant! Good luck to everyone!

First time OOS applicant! Waiting not so patiently to hear back soon .. 😆

Anyone know if you’re notified about academic early review??? My gpa falls into this category. I got the email last week saying all decisions will be emailed in January- does this mean I moved into the regular applicant pool and/or have any denials for academic review been sent yet?

Anyone know if you’re notified about academic early review??? My gpa falls into this category. I got the email last week saying all decisions will be emailed in January- does this mean I moved into the regular applicant pool and/or have any denials for academic review been sent yet?
I'm thinking everyone gets the email because they don't release any decisions until January. I fall into the same category.

I'm thinking everyone gets the email because they don't release any decisions until January. I fall into the same category.
Would you mind giving the detail of the email? Because I received the email about decision date before thanksgiving but did not receive anything about academic early review. Thank you.

Would you mind giving the detail of the email? Because I received the email about decision date before thanksgiving but did not receive anything about academic early review. Thank you.
It was just the one that said CSU decision timeline. There was no specific email about early academic review. If they denied you now, your portal would get updated to say denied. But they release all decisions on the same day. And if you do get into vet prep they will deny you then call you and ask if you would like to join the vet prep cohort.

First-time IS applicant. The wait is painful. Good luck all! :)