Colorado class of 2027 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS rejection

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if they have an admitted student day/opportunity for admitted students to visit?

Reactions: 1 users
OOS rejection. Saw it coming but still thought it would be fun to manifest and give it a shot lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection, good luck everyone!

IS rejection. Congratulations to everyone accepted and good luck to everyone applying for the 2023-2024 cycle! We got this!

• Care
If someone declines their offer, they are doing it because they decided to go elsewhere. So don’t beat yourself up for these thoughts… they are NOT degrading!
Thank you for being my anonymous hype man lol

Reactions: 3 users
OOS Rejection :( congratulations to everyone who has been accepted or offered an alternate position :)

OOS rejection :( Congrats to y'all that got accepted/waitlisted though, it was crazy tough out there with 4000+ applications! 🎉

i don’t see anything about an admitted students day or information session or anything (cornell has that) but i would want to visit the school before making my decision. who do i contact to do that so that i can tour the facilities?

Members don't see this ad :)
i don’t see anything about an admitted students day or information session or anything (cornell has that) but i would want to visit the school before making my decision. who do i contact to do that so that i can tour the facilities?
I’m not sure if they offer official tours, but you should get an email with more info about the virtual program showcase and you can ask them during that event!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Cornell has a dual degree DVM/MPH option?
While I do not know the answer to this, I highly suspect that the Cornell thread is more likely to have your answer than the Colorado one

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
After being rejected, I was accepted to the Vet Prep program as OOS!!!!! THIS IS UNREAL GUYS, I'm in SO SO MUCH SHOCK!!! oh my god, I had to decline my LMU acceptance to the spring cohort due to personal circumstances and was beginning to think that I lost my one chance at becoming a vet

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
OOS rejection, unsure how "holistic" this cycle was given the amount of applicants.

I was accepted to Vet Prep!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
After being rejected, I was accepted to the Vet Prep program as OOS!!!!! THIS IS UNREAL GUYS, I'm in SO SO MUCH SHOCK!!! oh my god, I had to decline my LMU acceptance to the spring cohort due to personal circumstances and was beginning to think that I lost my one chance at becoming a vet
Congratulations!
So were you rejected and then got an email or something a day later saying you were accepted to the vet prep program?
Thanks in advance for answering. Just curious if I have a chance at all.

• Love
Congratulations!
So were you rejected and then got an email or something a day later saying you were accepted to the vet prep program?
Thanks in advance for answering. Just curious if I have a chance at all.
Yeah, I was rejected on 1/9 along with all the other rejections that go sent out and then accepted for the vet prep program today at 11 am. I’m assuming that they selected their dvm class first along with the alternates and then kept some people in the potential vet prep pool and then sent out those acceptances. They did mention that if you don’t attend orientation or decline your invitation then your spot would be given to an alternative, which means that they should have an alternative list either now or soon. Not sure what the status is on that though…

Does anyone know roughly how many OOS students are placed on the waitlist? And what are the chances of getting off?

Has anyone uploaded their their fall transcript? It says to upload an official transcript pdf straight to the applicant portal but I thought any transcript that didn't come from the university directly was considered unofficial...

Has anyone uploaded their their fall transcript? It says to upload an official transcript pdf straight to the applicant portal but I thought any transcript that didn't come from the university directly was considered unofficial...
I had my transcript sent to me electronically via email, downloaded it, and then uploaded it with no issue- I was able to receive an official pdf through National Student Clearinghouse.

I had my transcript sent to me electronically via email, downloaded it, and then uploaded it with no issue- I was able to receive an official pdf through National Student Clearinghouse.
Ditto on this, I did the exact same thing and it was accepted just a few days afterwards. You just have to make sure that you receive the official transcript and not an unofficial one (lol a good way to tell is if you need to pay for the services)

OOS rejected. :(
Has anyone who applied to the Vet Prep Program received word on that? I'm not sure if this means I was rejected from both programs or if the Vet Prep decisions are still coming.

OOS rejected. :(
Has anyone who applied to the Vet Prep Program received word on that? I'm not sure if this means I was rejected from both programs or if the Vet Prep decisions are still coming.
The Vet Prep offers went out :( it would already say if you were an alternate, I believe

Hi all!! If you’ve been accepted/waitlisted/vet prepped please join the C/O 2027 facebook group made for you guys!

Im on the IS waitlist and I believe unlikely that I will get off. Does CSU do application reviews after this?

Im on the IS waitlist and I believe unlikely that I will get off. Does CSU do application reviews after this?
If CSU doesn't release ranking status, why do you believe it is unlikely you will be pulled from the waitlist? Curious as I am also on the IS waitlist.

If CSU doesn't release ranking status, why do you believe it is unlikely you will be pulled from the waitlist? Curious as I am also on the IS waitlist.
Ive heard it's very unlikely that instate students will drop their seats and that IS waitlists don't move much if at all. They do not release rank unfortunately either so it's like if Im not 1 or 2 then what's the point right?

Just declined my OOS seat due to cost, good luck to everyone still waiting to hear from the waitlists!❤️

just declined my oos. good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Hello all, have a different request. A few minutes ago I found out that I was accepted into one of my top choice schools- Colorado State- from the waitlist. I was not expecting it and had sort of written it off when I got waitlisted- I already accepted another offer. However, I'm not having an extreme dilemma and I have to respond by 5PM EST on 4/20. Are there any current students or alumni of CSU willing to talk and answer some questions I have??? I would seriously appreciate any guidance!!!

Also admins, please feel free to move/delete this if I'm violating any rules. Thanks so much in advance!

Hello all, have a different request. A few minutes ago I found out that I was accepted into one of my top choice schools- Colorado State- from the waitlist. I was not expecting it and had sort of written it off when I got waitlisted- I already accepted another offer. However, I'm not having an extreme dilemma and I have to respond by 5PM EST on 4/20. Are there any current students or alumni of CSU willing to talk and answer some questions I have??? I would seriously appreciate any guidance!!!

Also admins, please feel free to move/delete this if I'm violating any rules. Thanks so much in advance!
@justafluff

DM’d you, friend!

Hi rider!! Congratulations!! Feel free to DM me; Im finishing my first year at CSU!

I have been taken off the waitlist at my IS and I am declining my position at CSU- I hope someone gets an email soon!