UTK 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed today and they said,
“No decisions for out of state have been sent yet, and we are working on selecting applicants for interviews now. Invitations will be sent in the next couple of weeks.”
What? I thought some people recieved OOS rejections today? That's a decision.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ugh I think I'm gonna buck up and do the Kira thing today, but I'm not sure if receiving it is a good sign or another hoop to jump through before a rejection :/
 
To anyone who's done the screening interview - were the questions behavioral or more personal? Did they ask you specific questions about the school at all? Just trying to get an idea of how I should be preparing.
 
I completed mine earlier today, it was definitely short and sweet which was nice. The preparation time is also nice, I brainstormed and wrote down points I wanted to make. I didn't feel that I had to overly prepare/study because I figured the questions were going to be more generalized anyways.
 
I completed mine earlier today, it was definitely short and sweet which was nice. The preparation time is also nice, I brainstormed and wrote down points I wanted to make. I didn't feel that I had to overly prepare/study because I figured the questions were going to be more generalized anyways.
Thank you so much for your input! May I ask what you (or anyone else) wore? I'm wondering if business professional would seem over the top..?
 
Thank you so much for your input! May I ask what you (or anyone else) wore? I'm wondering if business professional would seem over the top..?
I wore a button down and a suit jacket. From what I was told by a few advisors, they will never hold it against you if you come more on the overdressed side, but they might if you're underdressed.
 
Any ideas on when they’re sending out interview offers? I’m kind of miffed at the timeline bc there’s one course on my schedule that I’m only taking for UTK and I’d happily drop it if I get rejected but add/drop ends on 1/31 and they haven’t even reviewed these Kira things yet.
 
Any ideas on when they’re sending out interview offers? I’m kind of miffed at the timeline bc there’s one course on my schedule that I’m only taking for UTK and I’d happily drop it if I get rejected but add/drop ends on 1/31 and they haven’t even reviewed these Kira things yet.
Based on their emails earlier in the cycle, OOS interviews are supposed to be 1/31 and 2/1 and we are supposed to hear about invitations the week before. So, you should have time to drop the class in the event you don’t get an interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can't wait to hear the results of this screening.. I'm curious how they are going to send out the invites, because it seems like some individuals automatically got interview invites while others had to pre-screen, but no one will know until they're ready to send out notifications.
 
I feel like not getting the Kira might have been a good thing? idk they basically said they couldn't offer me an interview but gave me the Kira to "create a second pool of interview applicants" 💀
 
I feel like not getting the Kira might have been a good thing? idk they basically said they couldn't offer me an interview but gave me the Kira to "create a second pool of interview applicants" 💀
I’m trying to stay hopeful that not getting it was a good sign, but I’ve gotten so many flat out rejections this cycle already that I’m afraid it’s not. I guess we won’t know until we know.
The wording of that strikes me as somewhat odd; they can’t offer you an interview but after KIRA maybe they can? I assume they mean the people they like best after KIRA will get a regular interview, but that’s a weird way to say it. I’m curious how many interview slots they’re planning to fill with people from KIRA.
 
For all you IS people - what was the interview like? What kind of interview was it, regular or MMI? About how long was it?? Thanks in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten an email regarding OOS interviews yet? I’m getting more and more anxious as the day goes on
 
Has anyone gotten an email regarding OOS interviews yet? I’m getting more and more anxious as the day goes on
Nope, which doesn’t make sense to me. It’s almost the end of the day in Tennessee and they literally said when interviews would be and when they would send invites 😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad