Waiting for LOMA LINDA!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know the class size? I heard someone say about 190?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but according to the LLU C/O 2011 thread, a few people received calls on Monday and Tuesday of this week. :( Unfortunately, we don't seem to have been among those called. I'm hoping that we don't have to wait all the way until next month for another round of calls.
The good news is, insiders say that LLU doesn't usually outright reject you, they just put your file aside to be looked at again during the next meeting. Here's to praying for a better outcome soon!

nm

Members don't see this ad :)
So are they done accepting? Is it waitlist from here on out?

Ya, Does anyone know if their class is full yet or if they are done accepting...

About two weeks ago, I was told there were quite a few seats left. I'm doubting they filled them all in this last AdCom meeting. I'm still hoping for a seat! But, even if they are all full, I'll be hoping for the waitlist and an offer this summer.
Everyone seems to be freaking out already, but there will be more seats offered at all the schools...if not now, then in May and into the summer. So, I just want to encourage you all not to abandon your hopes of becoming a doctor. There's still time, and there's always next year, if it's what you really want to do.:thumbup:

That great news...I don't know if they are still offering interviews, but a few people I know just received pre-interview rejection via snail mail today.

Isn't medical schools suppose to give out offers that equals or is near to its full class by May 30th?

I was just browsing through SDN and came up across a LLU thread for the class of 2010. It seems that the last group of people who got calls for acceptances got their calls in march. after that, people only heard rejections and wait list spots in april and the months after...for those that interviewed and still havn't heard anything...is it time to think that its either rejection or wait-list? what do you guys think?

Sorry I meant March 30th, not May. I think it is the 30th, the 15th was for like 4 years ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Found it,

By March 30 of the matriculation year, each school have issued a number of offers of acceptance at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and have reported those acceptance actions to the AAMC Section for Medical School Application Services.

aamc website.

So offers should be all sent out by March 30th, except for those who deny and is then in turn given to the waitlisted, is that what it means?

So offers should be all sent out by March 30th, except for those who deny and is then in turn given to the waitlisted, is that what it means?

that seems to be the case..and since Loma meets once a month, and the march acceptances have already been given out last week around 3/19 and 3/20...i guess its safe to assume that we are either going to be waitlisted or rejected :(

I hope you guys are wrong too. Else my interview would have been a waste of time since mine was last week. After the ADCOM meeting. I think they might meet once before March 31st to discuss individuals that interviewed later on. There's still hope.

Yours was last week? What day?

I guess I am just a bit anxious and I don't want to wait to be waitlisted and/or rejected.

Hello all!
I know that this is a very stressful time for everyone! Especially those of us who do not yet have a single acceptance. But I just want to encourage you all that there's still hope, so keep the faith. If you haven't already, send a letter of intent to school that you are really serious about. Keep praying and hoping! Let's not freak out or give up just yet. There's still time.
I hope that I am able to encourage you. If not, just ignore this post and continue in your manic, stressed-out state.:eek: ...But I'm not going to join you there.

haha thank you for the encouragement
speaking of that letter...I know that its been discussed before, but who should we send the letter(s) to? L. edwards and Dr. Nyirady?

Letter of intent? as the person before said, what should we say?

Letter of intent? as the person before said, what should we say?
I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on this...I haven't written one yet, I was just brainstorming what I should write. And I think that the best thing to do is just try to convey what your intentions are:
- LLU is the only school I want to attend
- I've been accepted elsewhere, but LLU is my #1 choice
- I LOVE LLU's ...whatever...
- LLU's my only shot at being a Dr. (ok, well maybe not this one)
Anyway, I don't want to give you too much, or our letters will seem like carbon copies. :p Perhaps you can mention something that you learned on your interview day from the students or professors, something that impressed you.
Anyone who has more experience on this...help us out!

Yours was last week? What day?

I guess I am just a bit anxious and I don't want to wait to be waitlisted and/or rejected.

It was one monday. Ms Edwards mentioned there was another person interviewing, but I never saw him/her

I'm trying not to stress.....but it's not working.

Well at least you got an interview....they wouldn't look at you if there wasn't any openings.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on this...I haven't written one yet, I was just brainstorming what I should write. And I think that the best thing to do is just try to convey what your intentions are:
- LLU is the only school I want to attend
- I've been accepted elsewhere, but LLU is my #1 choice
- I LOVE LLU's ...whatever...
- LLU's my only shot at being a Dr. (ok, well maybe not this one)
Anyway, I don't want to give you too much, or our letters will seem like carbon copies. :p Perhaps you can mention something that you learned on your interview day from the students or professors, something that impressed you.
Anyone who has more experience on this...help us out!

I sent thank you letters to the interviewers....it's almost the same thing....or is this just to Dr. Nyirady?

I sent thank you letters to the interviewers....it's almost the same thing....or is this just to Dr. Nyirady?
It's sort of the same, except written directly to the admissions committee. I don't know if the interviewer would put a thank you note in your file for the whole adcom to see. This would be a more formal, maybe longer version of the thank you note. Just in case both end up in your file, I would suggest trying not to say the same thing entirely.
Hope that helps, good luck! :luck:
When did you interview? I was there on 3/8 and didn't hear anything after this last adcom meeting. Here's hoping for the best!

I just called them. Their admissions committee still meets in April, so all hope isn't lost. She actually said that they don't have a real number of how many people are in the class until right before school starts. Dr. Nyirady is coming to my school next Mon. and Tues. so I might be able to squeeze some info out of him. Keep praying everyone!

I actually interviewed on March 8th as well. I actually saw the packet of someone else on the same day when I was there. It probably was you....did you meet in the afternoon?

I just called them. Their admissions committee still meets in April, so all hope isn't lost. She actually said that they don't have a real number of how many people are in the class until right before school starts. Dr. Nyirady is coming to my school next Mon. and Tues. so I might be able to squeeze some info out of him. Keep praying everyone!

Thanks for the info doctajay...you are our 411 hookup for LLU :D

I had a question regarding the financial aid papers that LLU requires. For the one you mail to them, do we just complete the first page? There is a page with estimating your interest and payment rates...is that just for us?

yeah Doctajay...your info has always been so helpful and just want to say thanks...i noticed from another post that your from maryland? me too...do you go to CUC? I only say that considering you said that Dr. Nyirady is visiting and I doubt he would visit college park.

Thanks for the info doctajay...you are our 411 hookup for LLU :D

I had a question regarding the financial aid papers that LLU requires. For the one you mail to them, do we just complete the first page? There is a page with estimating your interest and payment rates...is that just for us?

You only mail the first page that you can actually fill out. The rest is for your personal records. It educates you on how much massive interest is going to build on your loans, lol.

yeah Doctajay...your info has always been so helpful and just want to say thanks...i noticed from another post that your from maryland? me too...do you go to CUC? I only say that considering you said that Dr. Nyirady is visiting and I doubt he would visit college park.

No problem! My SO is waiting for an answer too so I'm apprehensive with the rest of you all. I'm from Maryland, but I go to the other Adventist college, Oakwood College in Alabama. Lol, yeah I think that he only visits the Adventist schools, but I could be wrong.

Hmmm....nothing, huh? I guess the waiting isn't over. Well, a couple more weeks, I think till the ADCOM meets.

Seems that way. I just hope to know soon, I'd rather know before I make a descision on other schools.

bump bump...don't you all love waiting as much as i do?

Dr. Nyirady will be at my school tomorrow, so I'm praying that he can give my SO some news...I don't even care if its bad news, we just want to know what their decision is. We've been waiting since October when she interviewed, so this waiting has really grown tiresome. At this point I'm so pissed at them that I don't even want to go, but I guess I just need to exercise some patience.

So anybody hear from Loma Linda recently? I interviewed early december but still have yet to hear back. The admissions committee won't budge on giving me an expected date to hear from them even though I have asked them repeatedly. Anybody else in the same situation?

so Loma Linda does not require a Bachelor's huh?:D

Dr. Nyirady will be at my school tomorrow, so I'm praying that he can give my SO some news...I don't even care if its bad news, we just want to know what their decision is. We've been waiting since October when she interviewed, so this waiting has really grown tiresome. At this point I'm so pissed at them that I don't even want to go, but I guess I just need to exercise some patience.

Ouch....what a long wait. I hope you guys get to hear something positive. I just wish I'd hear something....anything. I'm heading for the carribs in a few weeks and I'd like to know if I wouldn't be accepted. Of course, I'm coming back if I'm accepted :) , but I'd rather not waste the energy going and then coming back. I've already spent money on the trip, so nothing I can do about that.....Big sigh....

how do you get to it?

nevermind. I got it, you are jaysson guy.

I got some more news about LLU and when they are making decisions (from Dr.Nyriady's visit to my school today), but you'll have to check out my blog below to view it (I know its a shameless plug, but I need more traffic :) )

thanks for the info Dr. Jay

So a little bit less than three weeks? Well then, still a waise to go.

I got some more news about LLU and when they are making decisions (from Dr.Nyriady's visit to my school today), but you'll have to check out my blog below to view it (I know its a shameless plug, but I need more traffic :) )

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't you know it, I had a ticket on hold to Dominica for the 20th. But there's no way I'm going to be away from the phone that day. :luck: I might get lucky. :)

Man everything is all happening around the same days.

April 20th, LLU notification date.
April 21st, FE exam date.
April 22nd, flying to interview at NYMC.

Pretty much if I can get in llu on friday, then I wouldn't need to take the test on saturday and can go on vacation in new york the following week.

Man everything is all happening around the same days.

April 20th, LLU notification date.
April 21st, FE exam date.
April 22nd, flying to interview at NYMC.

Pretty much if I can get in llu on friday, then I wouldn't need to take the test on saturday and can go on vacation in new york the following week.

What's FE?

I know what you're talking about...so many things that I could change if I just get that call on Friday.

What's FE?

The FE is the fundamentals of engineering test taken by engineers in order to legally practice engineering. So if I don't get into med school, I'll probably need this in order to get a job.