You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Loma Linda
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
there’s been two WL offers that I know of so far (2 individuals who committed). Both were offered on april 30In state, non SDA, I'm very happy to announce that after all of this time, I still haven't heard anything and I'm losing my mind. Thank you.
Brutallllllthere’s been two WL offers that I know of so far (2 individuals who committed). Both were offered on april 30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medschoolpleasee
Full Member
Got the R this morning after being WL 🙁
how is that possible? do you mean before being WL?Got the R this morning after being WL 🙁
medschoolpleasee
Full Member
Nope haha I was waitlisted in April.
that’s crazy. What did it say, if you don’t mind my asking?Nope haha I was waitlisted in April.
medschoolpleasee
Full Member
I got an email saying a decision had been made on my application, followed by a “we cannot offer you an acceptance for this years entering class”.
Huh, that’s odd, I’m so sorry. I had never heard of a R off a WL before. In all honesty, I hope you’re able to find peace with the decision given that you can finally move on and stop wondering if they’ll ever communicate with us like the rest of us here.I got an email saying a decision had been made on my application, followed by a “we cannot offer you an acceptance for this years entering class”.
medschoolpleasee
Full Member
Yeah, I thought the same. Thank you, and good luck to you guys!! 🙂)Huh, that’s odd, I’m so sorry. I had never heard of a R off a WL before. In all honesty, I hope you’re able to find peace with the decision given that you can finally move on and stop wondering if they’ll ever communicate with us like the rest of us here.
sleepambassador
New Member
Will there be no Facebook for this year’s class?
captainamerica1
Full Member
there is one! you should have received a link to the Facebook from them through email!Will there be no Facebook for this year’s class?
anxiousardvark
Full Member
Somebody must have heard something by now right
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
josephpoolpo
Full Member
is there any SDA applicant here that got into this med school that I can DM?
Usually, the class above you makes one. If not, I'd make one for your class.Will there be no Facebook for this year’s class?
This is incorrect. It’s not IEHP. They call it they’re pay it forward scholarship. Only offered to SDA students. I have multiple friends who received it.Unless there is another new scholarship? I think they might be referring to the IEHP Health Scholars scholarship, which is not based on being SDA or URM. You receive the scholarship if you agree to stay in the Inland Empire for ~5 years after residency. This is offered to you in your 1st year, usually towards the end. Also, if you are in the AdventHealth Orlando or Kettering Ohio program you will most likely not be eligible.
Also just an encouragement to WL students. I was in your shoes 4 years ago. Got pulled off the waitlist three weeks before I was supposed to move and go to another med school. I completely changed plans and went to Loma on the other side of the country.
It’s hard to wait and then get pulled last min. You might feel that you are a second rate student or not good enough, but you are. Just takes things on day at a time! I’m now graduated going to a top notch anesthesia program. It’ll all work out, just keep pushing. I believe in you all!
It’s hard to wait and then get pulled last min. You might feel that you are a second rate student or not good enough, but you are. Just takes things on day at a time! I’m now graduated going to a top notch anesthesia program. It’ll all work out, just keep pushing. I believe in you all!
Bet yeaaaaa they emailed out that scholarship to our whole class during the 2nd year lmao. Didn't know it was offered at the beginning of med school haha.This is incorrect. It’s not IEHP. They call it they’re pay it forward scholarship. Only offered to SDA students. I have multiple friends who received it.
Last edited:
anxiousardvark
Full Member
They're really putting the wait in waitlist.
premedpenguin
New Member
Did you commit to another school and then get pulled of the WL after? My CTE deadline is July 1st at another school but I’m tryna still see my chances hereAlso just an encouragement to WL students. I was in your shoes 4 years ago. Got pulled off the waitlist three weeks before I was supposed to move and go to another med school. I completely changed plans and went to Loma on the other side of the country.
It’s hard to wait and then get pulled last min. You might feel that you are a second rate student or not good enough, but you are. Just takes things on day at a time! I’m now graduated going to a top notch anesthesia program. It’ll all work out, just keep pushing. I believe in you all!
The Facebook invite comes via email from admissions. Congrats on being accepted. Did you get in during July? What a Hail Mary, if that's the case. Seriously, congrats.Hi hello everyone!
I was recently accepted, and was wondering where I could find the Facebook group for the accepted students!! Thank you! 🙂
Mdbot
New Member
Thank you!! Much appreciated. This cycle has been a rollercoaster to say the least lol.The Facebook invite comes via email from admissions. Congrats on being accepted. Did you get in during July? What a Hail Mary, if that's the case. Seriously, congrats.
Quick question: I'm having a hard time finding out from the website and such how the grading system is for the medical school. Do you know if the first 2 years are Pass/NoPass?
Yes, the first two years are P/F for preclinical, then it's H/HP/P/F for clerkships. No internal ranking among students.Thank you!! Much appreciated. This cycle has been a rollercoaster to say the least lol.
Quick question: I'm having a hard time finding out from the website and such how the grading system is for the medical school. Do you know if the first 2 years are Pass/NoPass?