-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Loma Linda
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
King.Coman
New Member
Why is there like 0 movement w/LL
I was told the admissions committee meets very infrequently (like once a month)Why is there like 0 movement w/LL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm Catholic and got an interview inviteDoes LLU overlook Roman Catholic applicants? I have a feeling they have a preference for other denominations.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Last year LL interviewed 380 and matriculated 176. My guess is that they admitted between 250 and 300 students, which if correct would mean a very high post-interview A rate.Does LL tend to have a high post-interview acceptance rate?
charbelmar
Full Member
i am roman catholic and still haven't heard back. I hope we hear good news soon!Does LLU overlook Roman Catholic applicants? I have a feeling they have a preference for other denominations.
bruhmoment3000
New Member
I hope everyone's cycle is going well! I interviewed in August and was wondering when the admissions committee typically meets to send out acceptance decisions. I understand that as an OOS applicant, I might hear back later compared to IS applicants. However, I'm curious if anyone has any insight into the timing for acceptance notifications. Thank you for your help!
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
AFAIK acceptances will start rolling out in November, and that's when all interviewed applicants should start expecting to hear back. I don't think they preferentially roll out IS acceptances first.I hope everyone's cycle is going well! I interviewed in August and was wondering when the admissions committee typically meets to send out acceptance decisions. I understand that as an OOS applicant, I might hear back later compared to IS applicants. However, I'm curious if anyone has any insight into the timing for acceptance notifications. Thank you for your help!
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Prepare to have a conversation about your application (open-file interview), and think through reasons why you feel like you're a mission fit for the program beforehand.thanks! how was your interview? anything unexpected they asked about?
Last edited:
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Yes! Last cycle they interviewed 380 and 176 matriculated. My guess is that they admitted ~250, or 2/3rds of those who interviewed.thanks. i have heard that they have a decently high post-II acceptance rate, so i am hopeful. did you get that sense ?
As long as you're consistent with your written application during your interview, I think you'll stand a decent chance. All the best!
bruhmoment3000
New Member
I think/hope it went well! Both Interviewers were really chill and asked me to elaborate more about some of the things I wrote in my application. None of the questions were out of the blue so I they are mostly just trying to get to know you better. This school is by far my number one choice.thanks! how was your interview? anything unexpected they asked about?
bruhmoment3000
New Member
Thank you! My application was complete July 15th.Congratulations! I hope you get an A. Could you share when your app was complete?
My stats are not that great so I was super surprised I got an II, my LM is a 68. I am non SDA as well. They did ask me about my involvement in church but that was probably because I talked a lot about it in application. Much luck to you both!thanks, that’s super helpful! could you share your stats/gpa? did they ask a lot about church?
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
+1 A call today! All the best to everyone still waiting for II or decisions. Praying for y'all!
Edit: I interviewed mid October
Edit: I interviewed mid October
Last edited:
alwaysstudying24/7
New Member
Congratulations!!! If you don't mind sharing, what was your LM, and when did you have your interview?+1 A call today! All the best to everyone still waiting for II or decisions. Praying for y'all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
magentadaisy
Full Member
OOS A!!! Got the call ~ 35 minutes ago. I interviewed 8/22 and 9/27.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Congrats!! You're gonna be a doctor!!OOS A!!! Got the call ~ 35 minutes ago. I interviewed 8/22 and 9/27.
magentadaisy
Full Member
Thank you. So are you!! God is good 🙂 .Congrats!! You're gonna be a doctor!!
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
In the past few years, it's been every 3rd Thursday of every month starting in November but this year seems like it might be different.Does anyone know how often they send out acceptances? There isn’t a lot of info on their page
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
+1 post A full scholarship offer.
Feeling very blessed -- countless prayers answered!
Feeling very blessed -- countless prayers answered!
magentadaisy
Full Member
Oh my gosh, how amazing!! Congratulations!+1 post A full scholarship offer.
Feeling very blessed -- countless prayers answered!
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
I wasn't aware either until I got the phone call!I didn’t know that Loma Linda offer full scholarship. Can you please elaborate more about the eligibility for this scholarship?
I don't have information on the specifics but will let you know once I do.
All the best!
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Not that I know of -- how about we start one 😀I hate to be this person but is there a groupme or facebook group for accepted students?
FlaptavianBird
Full Member
No and even if they did why would it matterJust withdrew my application and got an email about 2 hours later confirming my withdrawal and saying "Notification has been sent to AMCAS." Just curious what that means. Do other schools now know I withdrew from Loma Linda?
tyke on a bike
Full Member
has there been only 1 wave of acceptances (early Nov)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Yup only 1 so far!has there been only 1 wave of acceptances (early Nov)?
Here’s the groupme link until the admin creates an official group or something: LLUSM Class of 2029Not that I know of -- how about we start one 😀
: )
yolomaster500
New Member
Just got the A call! Interviewed 11/21.
DestinyRoseAndrews
Full Member
SameJust got the A call! Interviewed 11/21.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Just got the A call! Interviewed 11/21.
Congratulations! Feel free to stop by the GroupMe LLUSM Class of 2029 🙂Same
tyke on a bike
Full Member
Is it a bad sign if I interviewed early Nov and didn't get a decision update on Dec 12?
alwaysstudying24/7
New Member
Not sure but if it makes you feel any better, I interviewed mid october and haven’t heard back myself 😭🤡Is it a bad sign if I interviewed early Nov and didn't get a decision update on Dec 12?
DestinyRoseAndrews
Full Member
They seem to sort based upon Lizzy M and mission fit.
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
II received 12/17 late at night. LM 68, not an ideal mission fit.
burgerlover
New Member
congrats! complete date?II received 12/17 late at night. LM 68, not an ideal mission fit.
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
TBH i didnt keep track, Id say sometime in mid julycongrats! complete date?
charbelmar
Full Member
My application has been complete since early august, should I lose hope at this point or LLU still sending IIs ? any advice appreciated
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
Mine was completed in July and I just received one not to long ago. My friend received hers in February of last cycle.My application has been complete since early august, should I lose hope at this point or LLU still sending IIs ? any advice appreciated
OOS pre-II R received today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete ?OOS pre-II R received today.
Sent 2* on 9/8, put under review on 9/11.When were you complete ?
kitcat_ptl
New Member
Received a phone call an hour ago!
Complete: 8/8/24, II: 10/1, I: 10/16, A: 1/16/25
SDA IS, ideal mission fit
I just want to say that all of you are doing a great job. I know the waiting period can be excruciating, especially since the process goes on for many months. However, the Lord who has brought you this far will continue to carry you through, so don’t be discouraged if things aren’t going according to your plans for His ways are higher than yours.
Complete: 8/8/24, II: 10/1, I: 10/16, A: 1/16/25
SDA IS, ideal mission fit
I just want to say that all of you are doing a great job. I know the waiting period can be excruciating, especially since the process goes on for many months. However, the Lord who has brought you this far will continue to carry you through, so don’t be discouraged if things aren’t going according to your plans for His ways are higher than yours.
Hello all! I am just looking for insight. Are interviews typically scheduled for you? I received an II Friday (super excited and thankful), but my interview was scheduled for me with no ability to reschedule. Is that a bad sign? I'm just not sure so wanted to make sure this was normal lol
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
For mine I could only choose a singular day. My interview at UCSF and Kaiser were the same. I think its normal.Hello all! I am just looking for insight. Are interviews typically scheduled for you? I received an II Friday (super excited and thankful), but my interview was scheduled for me with no ability to reschedule. Is that a bad sign? I'm just not sure so wanted to make sure this was normal lol