Waiting for LOMA LINDA!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bump...15 days until April 20 :scared:
Lol, I was praying before, but now I'm on a SERIOUS praying schedule. But I am truly at peace though, because after all this praying, if it doesn't come through then I KNOW that God wanted me somewhere else. Keep praying everyone...I know of at least 2 people already at my school that dropped their acceptances at LLU, so doors are opening up!

Members don't see this ad.

So, yesterday I got an email from Loma Linda Fin Aid.... apparently they are offering me a scholarship (not a big one but still something), but I HAVEN'T BEEN ACCEPTED YET!!!!! So, seeing as how confusion could arise from this scenario, I called the fin aid office. They said that it doesn't mean I am accepted. So, still waiting, but maybe with a little more hope :confused:

Getting offered money from a school, but not being accepted to that school makes no sense at all

Members don't see this ad :)
So, yesterday I got an email from Loma Linda Fin Aid.... apparently they are offering me a scholarship (not a big one but still something), but I HAVEN'T BEEN ACCEPTED YET!!!!! So, seeing as how confusion could arise from this scenario, I called the fin aid office. They said that it doesn't mean I am accepted. So, still waiting, but maybe with a little more hope :confused:
Thats pretty interesting. I guess the money is allocated for you and if you are accepted then you will get it. But I guess the fin aid office is more on top of things than the admissions office.

Hey! when I interviewed I asked the Admissions folks about completing FinAid stuff prior to being accepted. They said that the two offices basically work separately, so take the scholarship and keep praying for that acceptance! Unfortunately, this probably means that the scholarship doesn't indicate your impending acceptance. But good luck! I too am praying and waiting for the 20th.

I realize this has been mentioned before in some manner. However, I am going to send out a letter of intent to Loma Linda. Who should I send it to? Many people say different things. By sending it to the admissions committee it will be lost, as did my recomendation packet for 6 months. Some people say to send it to the dean. Any recomendations to whom I should send it to so that it won't take forever to be seen?

I realize this has been mentioned before in some manner. However, I am going to send out a letter of intent to Loma Linda. Who should I send it to? Many people say different things. By sending it to the admissions committee it will be lost, as did my recomendation packet for 6 months. Some people say to send it to the dean. Any recomendations to whom I should send it to so that it won't take forever to be seen?

hmmmm I would just mail it to the admissions office and they add it to your file. That is what I have been doing with my updates...is this bad? How did your letter of rec packet get lost?

I think the safe way to go is to send it to Dr. Nyirady by snail and e-mail. Well thats what I did at least

Does anybody know how many seats are available? I'm getting nervous already and there are still another 8 days...

I sent my recomendation packet in August of 06. They didin't recieve (find) it until February. I had my interview in March. It would have been a long time prior had it not been for that.

As far as who to send the LOI to, I didn't want to send it to the Admissions Office because I realize they get a lot of letters and mail everyday. I don't want it to get lost again. I thought of sending it to Dean H. Roger Hadley, but I am not sure. What does anybody think?

As far as spots left, I don't know, class ranges from 170-180 from years prior. How many spots are left is probably unknown even to them, seeing how long it takes for a response.

I say that you send it to Dr. Nyirady or Ms. Edwards. They receive alot of letters but they are pretty organized. I know for sure that every e-mail I've sent to Dr. Nyirady (and they are alot) has been catagorized and put into my file so that they know how many times I've contacted them. If they have time for that, then they surely have time to open and raed and file your LOI.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking at last year's thread. I don't remember seeing even one acceptance in April :scared: I think everybody was either rejected or waitlisted...hope it's different this year.

I was looking at last year's thread. I don't remember seeing even one acceptance in April :scared: I think everybody was either rejected or waitlisted...hope it's different this year.

Hey,
I understand the feeling. But keep in mind that things can change for the better any day now. I think the ADCOM may be meeting tomorrow, so I'm really hitting the floor with my knees. I'll keep you'll in mind.

Good luck

Yea i noticed that too about last years class...but it is different every year so we can just hope for the best

I'll be praying that everyone receives that right answer tomorrow!!! And if you aren't called on Friday, don't fret, because I remember somebody this year being called on the Monday after also, but that could have just been an exception.

Thanks Jay. I'll be praying extra hard today :D

I'm going to pray for all of us SDNers, but NOT the other people (= competition) lol

Same here, I'll keep all of you who are awaiting a response tomorrow in my prayers. I haven't heard a peep from LLU since my interview back in early December. A phone call tomorrow will make me extremely happy...Good Luck to you all

wow, that is really strange. i'm sure it'll lead to some good news!

by any chance, can you share how much scholarship they offered? you can PM me if you like. i am actually looking to withdraw my acceptance to Loma Linda, but was wondering how much financial help i would get first.

wow, that is really strange. i'm sure it'll lead to some good news!

by any chance, can you share how much scholarship they offered? you can PM me if you like. i am actually looking to withdraw my acceptance to Loma Linda, but was wondering how much financial help i would get first.

i just pmed you.

woo..got the call today! im praying for you guys and hope you guys will get great news!

AAAAAAAAAHH! I just got the call from Dr. Nyrady (sp??)! I'M IN!!! I hope many of you are successful as well.

Do they leave a message if you are not home? Or do they call your cell number at all?

WOW congrats guys! I'm still waiting for a call...I hope it's not too late :(

no call for me :( but i did get a letter today from llu saying i got my financial aid award offer. does that matter at all?

ps. congrats to you and your fiance dr. jay

Does anyone know if you don't get a call if you can still get the acceptance letter? At one interview I went to I spoke with a girl who never got a call but was accepted via snail mail. I did not get a call last friday...:( but I am still hopeful for some good news...a wait list at this point? Do they call everyone?

Thanks...I have never felt so psychotic in my life! :scared: Congrats to those who are in!

Does anyone know if you don't get a call if you can still get the acceptance letter? At one interview I went to I spoke with a girl who never got a call but was accepted via snail mail. I did not get a call last friday...:( but I am still hopeful for some good news...a wait list at this point? Do they call everyone?

Thanks...I have never felt so psychotic in my life! :scared: Congrats to those who are in!

did you happen to receive a financial aid award email? I got no call either but i got this email on friday, i have no idea wat da heck is going on

Well I hope you could get in without a call but I think its doubtful. Seems like we are either going to get rejected or waitlisted when we get that letter.

On another note, congrats doctajay!! :hardy: :thumbup: :D

I know how you feel, "psychotic." Last week was a great dissapointment for me. Two schools sent me an e-mail saying they hadn't recieved my recommendations (they did, but couldn't find them). The next day they said they did, but it was too late, interviews were over. They put me in a special category for hopeful people (don't know what that means)....I hoped to get into LLU, but still no word just like the few of you here. Anxious for a letter....but i'm going to be to scared to open it if I get one. Anybody else get any letters? O yeah congrats to those who got in! I envy you.

I did get a financial award letter but I don't think that matters. The offices seem to work separately. In any other world besides medical school admissions I think it would be a great sign. However, I have found that everything is like opposite land in medical school admissions. I compare it to harajuku girl fashion...nothing, and I mean nothing matches!

Also, to comment the other response....I would honestly be happy with a waitlist even. I know that once May 15th rolls around a ton of seats open everywhere. I will take a spot the schools I am waitlisted at up until the day before school starts. The bottom line is that I am unfortunately running out of patience and that time is still a few months away.

Oh well, here's to another night of restless sleep and dreaming of an acceptance letter.......one day I hope to look back and laugh at this time of my life. Maybe we can all laugh about this someday.

Kudos to everyone that is in, the reality is that most are qualified and deserve a spot! I hope we all fit in somewhere when August rolls around.

Good Luck!

I received the waitlist letter today. Anybody else?

waitlist letter....woohoo....still not denied!! Alright! So your saying there is a chance!

do you guys have to sign the promissory note and send it in to be complete for the financial aid application. this seems weird to me since you are not taking out a loan yet so why would you need to send in a signed promissory note.

do you guys have to sign the promissory note and send it in to be complete for the financial aid application. this seems weird to me since you are not taking out a loan yet so why would you need to send in a signed promissory note.

I thought this was wierd too, so I called the FinAid office. They said that you will be considered if everything else is complete. However, I found out about 3 weeks later that without the MPN you will be lower in the pile to be given an offer...behind those who have completed everything. So, whether you're waitlisted or accepted or haven't heard yet, you may want to send it in so that you will be considered for $$!

In regards to the "unranked" wait-list, anyone know how long it will be until we get an answer? I was going through old posts, and one guy didn't find out until July 20!

Should we do anything special, like send a letter of intent, etc.??

Look at the bright side: we still have a chance! :)

I just checked my mail and didnt get anything. Hopefully thats not their way of saying rejected.

In regards to the "unranked" wait-list, anyone know how long it will be until we get an answer? I was going through old posts, and one guy didn't find out until July 20!

Should we do anything special, like send a letter of intent, etc.??

Look at the bright side: we still have a chance! :)

I think a letter of intent would be a good idea? a lot of people on this board seem to be 50/50 on it, but I sent in a letter soon after my interview and it worked out well for me. And no idea how the unranked wait list works...but good luck to you!

I think a letter of intent would be a good idea? a lot of people on this board seem to be 50/50 on it, but I sent in a letter soon after my interview and it worked out well for me. And no idea how the unranked wait list works...but good luck to you!
I'm all for the letter of intent too. After my interview, I sent in my thank yous...but I didn't feel like that was enough to convey my feelings to the committee (especially since there's no guarantees that those make it into your file). So, I wrote a very strong letter of intent, again citing some of the unique aspects of LLU that made it my top choice. And I stated in very clear language that if accepted, I would attend LLU.
Obviously, if you are waitlisted, you are working with a more difficult situation. I don't know if it would be better to leave out if you were accepted elsewhere or to include the dates that the other school started (as a timeframe for the committee, since once you matriculate you're stuck).

Good luck to you! Don't give up hope yet, May 15 will likely bring some waitlist movement. I know it's hard waiting, for planning purposes, but at some point or another we all have to admit that we're not in control and get on our knees in prayer.:idea: