Waitlisted at NSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSU Hopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reading my post! I have been placed on the "alternate list" at NSU-COM. My MCAT matches their average, but my science gpa is right at their minimum (3.0). I was wondering the following:
A. Do school wait list applicants that they have no intention on accepting (maybe as a "light" rejection)?
B. Has anyone else been on the NSU-COM wait list with a lower science gpa and successfully gained admission
or
C. Has anyone gained admission to NSU-COM from the wait list and did you do anything to help get off of it.

This is my dream school and I really want to do anything I can to gain admission. I appreciate all comments!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're really interested you could send a letter of intent

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for reading my post! I have been placed on the "alternate list" at NSU-COM. My MCAT matches their average, but my science gpa is right at their minimum (3.0). I was wondering the following:
A. Do school wait list applicants that they have no intention on accepting (maybe as a "light" rejection)?
B. Has anyone else been on the NSU-COM wait list with a lower science gpa and successfully gained admission
or
C. Has anyone gained admission to NSU-COM from the wait list and did you do anything to help get off of it.

This is my dream school and I really want to do anything I can to gain admission. I appreciate all comments!

With regards to A., if they had no intention of accepting you, then you would've been rejected. Wait lists move. Students will accept other offers from other schools, thus opening up spots. Also, some higher stat applicants might end up getting an MD acceptance later on in the cycle and choose that route. Good luck!

Don't stress it. I was initially wait listed and ended up getting accepted a month later. They said there is a lot of waitlist movement!