2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! I still have not received a secondary application from nova. I submitted my primary early august and I emailed them about not receiving a secondary and they never responded. I have called them multiple times and they give me numbers to admission directors who never answer and it automatically goes to voicemail. do you guys have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they may start pulling people off of the alternate list? Is it usually after all acceptances go out? Thanks in advance

Hi guys! I still have not received a secondary application from nova. I submitted my primary early august and I emailed them about not receiving a secondary and they never responded. I have called them multiple times and they give me numbers to admission directors who never answer and it automatically goes to voicemail. do you guys have any advice?
Check your junk mail. That's where mine was sent to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance email received on Tuesday 9/28! It took almost exactly 4 weeks (~3 weeks and 5 days) to hear back after my interview! Good luck everyone!!

congrats everyone! how long after the complete call did you guys get your interviews?

I'm desperate lol, submitted secondary on 8/30. I got the call everything was good and submitted on 9/14. MCAT 501, anyone else hear back?

Hey! anyone who interviewed on 9/14 know when we are going to hear back?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! anyone who interviewed on 9/14 know when we are going to hear back?
I interviewed on 9/16 and my group was told that the committee will meet on 10/12 to discuss acceptances, rejections, and waitlists. Not sure if e-mails will go out that same day or not, but I would expect to hear something possibly next week.

Reactions: 1 users
HI guys, should I apply here? I've been debating it. A little about me: 3.7 sGPA,3.82 cGPA 494 MCAT. I have experience as a medical scribe, medical assistant, surgical anesthesia assistant, tutoring at an elementary school, clinical and nonclinical volunteering, bilingual, SES disadvantaged, First generation college student, malnutrition and child hood obesity health advocate. I'm willing to retake the mcat in January since the admissions says they accept january retakes, however Idk if I should wait till January-February to send my secondary, to avoid being screened out.

HI guys, should I apply here? I've been debating it. A little about me: 3.7 sGPA,3.82 cGPA 494 MCAT. I have experience as a medical scribe, medical assistant, surgical anesthesia assistant, tutoring at an elementary school, clinical and nonclinical volunteering, bilingual, SES disadvantaged, First generation college student, malnutrition and child hood obesity health advocate. I'm willing to retake the mcat in January since the admissions says they accept january retakes, however Idk if I should wait till January-February to send my secondary, to avoid being screened out.
Hi! Have you submitted your application anywhere at this point? I think your GPA and extracurriculars are great, but your MCAT is a bit low. I ask about other applications because at this point in the cycle, you should aim to have a couple secondaries in and definitely have your primary submitted already. It is still early, but there are a lot of people who have submitted, so it is a personal decision. Think about your financials too, because it is a VERY expensive process. Another option if you want to re-take the MCAT either in January or hold off until April/May, is to apply next year EARLY. Submit your app as soon as it is open and try to be one of those early applicants!
**This is just my opinion based on what I have seen throughout the cycle so far and the competition out there.

I only applied to one other DO school, for NOVA I only submitted the primary and received the secondary application about 4 days ago. I didn’t know if I should submit being that my MCAT is low, I wasn’t sure how holistic they were or if they even bothered interviewing candidates below a 500.

does anyone know admissions email? the one that is linked in the secondary does not seem to be working for me

Reactions: 1 user
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 2.31.42 PM.png
Anyone who was accepted: did your application portal change to show

Hey everyone! I need some serious advice regarding LORs for this school. One of my science professors wrote me an LOR earlier this year for last cycle but I haven't haven't able to get in contact with her for months to help this cycle, turns out she left the university and the only personal email I have for her is not working. She previously emailed me the letter for last cycle, but since she doesn't answer me back this time around I can't get her to upload the letter for this cycle. I had spoken to her over the phone months ago and got her okay that I could use her again this year but she has gone off the grid ever since :/

She's the only letter I'm missing to apply to this school, idk what to do. I did get an email from Nova saying that documents can be mailed physically, but i don't know if this is something i can do or if that would be looked down upon? Idk if I should call Nova and explain the situation if they won't care because it's technically my problem :/

In short, please help 🙏 😢

Hey everyone! I need some serious advice regarding LORs for this school. One of my science professors wrote me an LOR earlier this year for last cycle but I haven't haven't able to get in contact with her for months to help this cycle, turns out she left the university and the only personal email I have for her is not working. She previously emailed me the letter for last cycle, but since she doesn't answer me back this time around I can't get her to upload the letter for this cycle. I had spoken to her over the phone months ago and got her okay that I could use her again this year but she has gone off the grid ever since :/

She's the only letter I'm missing to apply to this school, idk what to do. I did get an email from Nova saying that documents can be mailed physically, but i don't know if this is something i can do or if that would be looked down upon? Idk if I should call Nova and explain the situation if they won't care because it's technically my problem :/

In short, please help 🙏 😢
I wouldn't go as far as saying this situation is your fault/problem...life happens and this is a situation that is ultimately out of your control. I would discontinue any efforts to get that LOR from her and call admissions ASAP tomorrow morning. Schools are more forgiving than many of us think, they know we are human. HOWEVER, if they say that the LOR is in fact necessary, I would look for another person who will write you one ASAP (like within a week). I know that's less than ideal but it doesn't have to be anything pretty, just something to meet the requirement.

This is just my advise and how I would personally approach the situation, however I'm sure that others have their own opinions and could chime in on how to approach it. Either way, don't just do nothing...ACT ON IT

• Care
Just received an acceptance! Interviewed 9/14. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email for the "alternate" list. Does anyone know what is the chance of getting acceptance after being put on the alternate list?

Just got an email for the "alternate" list. Does anyone know what is the chance of getting acceptance after being put on the alternate list?
I believe pretty high. I think almost everyone that gets waitlisted gets an A at some point

• Care
Accepted! Interviewed 09/16! LFG! Congrats to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I was waitlisted on 09/02 and then accepted on 09/28. Don't lose hope!

• Care
Does anyone know if there’s an accepted students day? I know it's early, but I feel like going to one could be helpful.