2022-2023 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Happy application cycle everyone!

I’m an M2 at NSU and would be more than happy to answer any questions for those who have applied.

Best of luck.

Is the Fort Lauderdale campus better or Clearwater? Or equally good?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the Fort Lauderdale campus better or Clearwater? Or equally good?
Depends on a few things.

Rent: Has always been lower in Tampa (Clearwater). Though rent is astronomically higher everywhere.

Research: more established and easier to get things started in Davie. They have a huge research facility there. Research in Tampa is great, but because it‘s a newer campus, it takes some extra initiative to get started and you have to be creative.

Life: I am bias to Clearwater beach and surrounding beaches. I just don’t prefer the other coast. Similarly, the traffic here isn’t nearly as chaotic. I could be wrong but I’ve heard people are even crazier drivers in Davie/Miami. I like Clearwater because it is 25 minutes from the airport in Tampa and all the other amenities there and if you plan to go on a weekday, for example, the traffic is not really ever an issue. Again, you’ll need to learn more about life in Davie. Perhaps students from Davie could provide additional insight. They also have a big hospital which is affiliated with NSU . I imagine you may have a leg up when it comes to networking? Tampa campus tends to be more chill too.

Campus: nice thing about Tampa is that we have an entire building to ourselves. and it’s gorgeous. We have 3-4 other programs that use certain parts of the building but they are dental, OT, PT, AA programs and we use the majority of the building for sure. So the entire building is like a library with plenty of study rooms and beautiful views of the Bay. Also — ** NEVER FIGHT FOR PARKING **. There is a massive garage that never fills. Downsides? Just a big cafeteria with a Starbucks on campus. Cant speak As much for Davie campus.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Depends on a few things.

Rent: Has always been lower in Tampa (Clearwater). Though rent is astronomically higher everywhere.

Research: more established and easier to get things started in Davie. They have a huge research facility there. Research in Tampa is great, but because it‘s a newer campus, it takes some extra initiative to get started and you have to be creative.

Life: I am bias to Clearwater beach and surrounding beaches. I just don’t prefer the other coast. Similarly, the traffic here isn’t nearly as chaotic. I could be wrong but I’ve heard people are even crazier drivers in Davie/Miami. I like Clearwater because it is 25 minutes from the airport in Tampa and all the other amenities there and if you plan to go on a weekday, for example, the traffic is not really ever an issue. Again, you’ll need to learn more about life in Davie. Perhaps students from Davie could provide additional insight. They also have a big hospital which is affiliated with NSU . I imagine you may have a leg up when it comes to networking? Tampa campus tends to be more chill too.

Campus: nice thing about Tampa is that we have an entire building to ourselves. and it’s gorgeous. We have 3-4 other programs that use certain parts of the building but they are dental, OT, PT, AA programs and we use the majority of the building for sure. So the entire building is like a library with plenty of study rooms and beautiful views of the Bay. Also — ** NEVER FIGHT FOR PARKING **. There is a massive garage that never fills. Downsides? Just a big cafeteria with a Starbucks on campus. Cant speak As much for Davie campus.
Thank you for your detailed reply.

Just got the call that I'm marked complete.

hey guys! does anyone know if people commute to NSU Davie from Miami?

Hi everyone! Just got this supplemental today and was wondering how you all tackled the "level of responsibility" portion of employment history. I'm not sure exactly what they're looking for there...anyone have any ideas?

How long did it take for your application to be received after submitted a secondary? I checked my status and my primary is still pending on their end though my primary has been verified since June and my secondary has been submitted for about 2 weeks now. I called them and they told me to wait till the end of the week to check back again?

hey guys! does anyone know if people commute to NSU Davie from Miami?
My wife went to Davie. No. Do not commute from Miami. Just...no.

Live in the Pembroke Pines, Davie, Sunrise, or Hollywood areas (just to name a few). Pompano MAYBE. But definitely avoid Miramar and south. It's just too far. And too expensive, though it's all expensive right now tbh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary, but my checklist is mostly marked as Not Received... is this normal??

Does the Clearwater campus call to let us know that we are complete?

Does anyone know if an MD letter of recommendation is fine for NSU? I have all the other necessary letters, I just hope my lack of DO shadowing and lack of a DO letter won't be seen as a red flag

Does anyone know if an MD letter of recommendation is fine for NSU? I have all the other necessary letters, I just hope my lack of DO shadowing and lack of a DO letter won't be seen as a red flag
Should be fine. I had a MD letter and got a II

Does this campus interview separately from Davie? Like if we rank this one as our campus of interest, is it separate from consideration for those who select Davie as their campus of interest when is comes to consideration for II?

Does this campus interview separately from Davie? Like if we rank this one as our campus of interest, is it separate from consideration for those who select Davie as their campus of interest when is comes to consideration for II?
Nope. All together.

How specific do we have to be on the employment question? Like are we talking about a whole paragraph and storytelling? Or just brief?

II just now! I live in Michigan— should I fly out to FL for the interview? I work full time and would rather not miss work/spend the money, but I will if it shows interest/will look better than zoom. Thoughts?

II just now! I live in Michigan— should I fly out to FL for the interview? I work full time and would rather not miss work/spend the money, but I will if it shows interest/will look better than zoom. Thoughts?
Congratulations. If this is your top choice sure. Otherwise schools I believe will understand. Flight costs are so exorbitant and schools know this. BTW did your portal change.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when your application was marked complete/when you got the phone call from them?

Congrats!! Stats?

Congratulations! I really dont think they would penalize you if you did a zoom interview. I could see if you lived close by but you dont

Can anyone please share secondary questions? Thank you

Hey guys! I just retook my MCAT and waiting on the score to come out on October 11th. Anyone know if its too late to apply this cycle?

Hey guys! I just retook my MCAT and waiting on the score to come out on October 11th. Anyone know if its too late to apply this cycle?
Nope not too late. Especially when you get your score back and see that you crushed it!

Applied a littler later to this one, yesterday, secondary received today and submitted today. Received email that they received my seconday and the payment, but under my application, nothing is recieved: AACOMAS app, LOR, MCAT... is it because I just sent my AACOMAS app yesterday and needs time to transmit still?

Applied a littler later to this one, yesterday, secondary received today and submitted today. Received email that they received my seconday and the payment, but under my application, nothing is recieved: AACOMAS app, LOR, MCAT... is it because I just sent my AACOMAS app yesterday and needs time to transmit still?
I think it stays like that for a while until someone manually reviews it and checks it off as received.

I have my interview soon. Anyone have any tips in terms of what kinds of questions to prepare for or anything else?

Received a pre-interview rejection email today. Your application is no longer being considered for this cycle. Oh well……

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Received a pre-interview rejection email today. Your application is no longer being considered for this cycle. Oh well……
Can I ask when you were complete pretty please?