2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
omg thank god
hahah I have been trying to keep up with this thread as much as possible which is why I saw them mention the CHPP program. It's just a side conversation I believe haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the official dates of Nova’s 2022-2023 school year? I was unable to find online.

Interviewed 1 week ago. Top program so i am checking my phone basicall every 5 minutes for an update😅 at what point would it be reasonable to call for updates?

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 1 week ago. Top program so i am checking my phone basicall every 5 minutes for an update😅 at what point would it be reasonable to call for updates?
Hey! So I actually just got an email about 6 days after the interview (interviewed on 2/2 and got accepted on 2/8). I also received a little packet in the mail a couple of days after. If you haven't heard back within the next couple of days, I would definitely reach out!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! So I actually just got an email about 6 days after the interview (interviewed on 2/2 and got accepted on 2/8). I also received a little packet in the mail a couple of days after. If you haven't heard back within the next couple of days, I would definitely reach out!
Hello, I interviewed as well last week. Would you mind sharing stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else find it weird that there hasn't been any waitlist/alternate list movement. Previous years they are least had some get off by now.

I’m thinking any day now 😬
It will come. committees tends to interview “lower-quality” applicants around this time going forward. This is not ALL applicants.. but many of them. The idea is to get through the majority and start pulling from the alternate list once the quality goes down in interviews as to avoid the wait listed from choosing other schools and thus, “getting away’. it’s a balance— see as many applicants as possible and not keep them waiting too long.

Some years the waitlisted will start giving up their seats at higher rates than other years so the committee will start pulling earlier as to not lose them. there are a lot of variables at play.

It will come. committees tends to interview “lower-quality” applicants around this time going forward. This is not ALL applicants.. but many of them. The idea is to get through the majority and start pulling from the alternate list once the quality goes down in interviews as to avoid the wait listed from choosing other schools and thus, “getting away’. it’s a balance— see as many applicants as possible and not keep them waiting too long.

Some years the waitlisted will start giving up their seats at higher rates than other years so the committee will start pulling earlier as to not lose them. there are a lot of variables at play.
We're just talking about hearing back from the 1/27 interview, not the waitlist

Thanks for the insight! Hopefully there will be movement in the coming months. I got into another school that I'm happy with too, but it just sucks being stuck in purgatory in regards to housing and the future in general. I wish luck to everyone who has yet to hear back!

We're just talking about hearing back from the 1/27 interview, not the waitlist
I believe we will be hearing soon. This is my top choice school so I’m super nervous but trying to be patient. It’s generally not a good idea to call and ask for the status of our application, right?

I believe we will be hearing soon. This is my top choice school so I’m super nervous but trying to be patient. It’s generally not a good idea to call and ask for the status of our application, right?
It can be okay if it’s passed the time (roughly)they say they would. There is a good way to do this though. Remember those who answer your phone call or get your email are likely not the ones making the decisions. That is not always true but at NSU it almost always is the case. In other words, you thinking you will “annoy” isn’t really a concern. Just be polite. Mention that NSU is your number one and before you forfeit a seat elsewhere due to an upcoming deadline etc, you want to know about when you can expect a notification.

It can be okay if it’s passed the time (roughly)they say they would. There is a good way to do this though. Remember those who answer your phone call or get your email are likely not the ones making the decisions. That is not always true but at NSU it almost always is the case. In other words, you thinking you will “annoy” isn’t really a concern. Just be polite. Mention that NSU is your number one and before you forfeit a seat elsewhere due to an upcoming deadline etc, you want to know about when you can expect a notification.
Thank you so much! I will most likely send an email :)

Do we choose which campus we go to if we are accepted? Dont remember if the supplemental app asked this since it was so long ago

Did anyone get an email from AACOMAS centralized criminal background check (CBC) process, by Certiphi Screening?

Did anyone get an email from AACOMAS centralized criminal background check (CBC) process, by Certiphi Screening?
Yep, I looked at the list of schools that use it and Nova was not on there. It costs a 150 dollars, I would check the list and check with schools u are accepted at to see if it's necessary before doing it.

Kind of weird, but did anyone on the alternate list get emailed about their credentials to use the student portal? Not for the secondary info but for sharklink.

Got an email about being 'eligible' for an interview and it asked for a response on whether I wanted to remain a candidate for an interview or withdraw my application. The way they worded it made it seem like an interview invitation but then it said 'please know that expressing your interest does not guarantee a seat for an interview, however, it keeps you competitive for an interview.' I did not like that.

Anybody know if this is normal? I applied here last year and did not ever get this email.

Got an email about being 'eligible' for an interview and it asked for a response on whether I wanted to remain a candidate for an interview or withdraw my application. The way they worded it made it seem like an interview invitation but then it said 'please know that expressing your interest does not guarantee a seat for an interview, however, it keeps you competitive for an interview.' I did not like that.

Anybody know if this is normal? I applied here last year and did not ever get this email.
+1, also received the same email.

Maybe they got more than avg # of applications and just wanna make sure those applicants that are left are still serious about this program and didnt commit to another school?? Idk but thats weird though!

IS there a separate group for MD?
oops all of this was for MD stuff. I didn't realize there was another page but there is:

I, too, thought this was for the MD school. I wasn't even aware there was a DO school here. Sorry folks

I interviewed on 2/10...does anyone know when I should expect to hear back?

For those accepted: i see they require a english course. My undergrad didnt require english, but they required “writing intensive” courses so i took like 6 writing intensive courses, but never “english”. Are the writing intensive courses what they need or do they actually want me to take an ENGLISH class

For those accepted: i see they require a english course. My undergrad didnt require english, but they required “writing intensive” courses so i took like 6 writing intensive courses, but never “english”. Are the writing intensive courses what they need or do they actually want me to take an ENGLISH class
I used one of my writing intensive courses, my English ones were technically one course with ENG in the title and I used Foundations of Public Health Writing as my other one

Has anyone figured out good places to live?
I’m going to TBR campus, I signed a lease already at Alta Bellaire. It’s a little further from the school than some of the other complexes but found it more comfortable and affordable. It’s in a really nice part of Clearwater too