2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied in late September and haven’t heard anything since. I am thinking about either calling or writing an email to the admissions committee to see if there is any hope this late in the cycle. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone figured out good places to live?
I actually reached out to an AIRBNB owner and found a place ~ 20 minutes from the school, $1,400 a month with all utilities and furniture included + a great, safe neighborhood. It was a little bit of luck, but I think it's a good alternative worth exploring.

***Would like to add it’s a great idea of you DONT already have furniture. It just worked out that way for me due to undergrad and current living situation with my roomie.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Any hope for the alternate list still? Do any previous alternate list peeps recommend sending updates, and when?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lmao at both MD and DO NOVA. I also just got my 2nd R from DO nova.

• Haha
I have the same gpa as you and a slightly lower MCAT, I've received a ton of interviews and multiple acceptances. Your stats aren't the problem, and you have no reason to go to the Caribbean. A SMP would have minimal effect either, you probably need to apply earlier/more broadly and analyze your writing to see if you have any weak points. This process sucks and people who are perfectly good candidates, like you, can slip through the cracks just because they don't differentiate that much from other applicants. You'll probably end up somewhere by the end of the cycle, but I would just try to look for gaps in your application and shoot your shot and reapply once again once you feel you have patched those up. While I commend those who make it thru the process in the Caribbean, there is no purpose in going there if you can get into a US Med school perfectly well.
Just wanted to say that I held some hope when I had none before, especially when you had said "you'll probably end up somewhere by the end of the cycle", and in Jan, I got 5 IIs and 1 A in Feb. I appreciate you being there for me and saying that to me when I was feeling really low. Thank you. <3

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to say that I held some hope when I had none before, especially when you had said "you'll probably end up somewhere by the end of the cycle", and in Jan, I got 5 IIs and 1 A in Feb. I appreciate you being there for me and saying that to me when I was feeling really low. Thank you. <3
Congrats Doctor, hope we get to work together one day!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I just got an II here. Does anyone have any recommendations for interview day? What was it like?

Just received an interview, anyone have any advice on how to prepare? and can anyone talk about what their interview experience was like?

Just received an interview, anyone have any advice on how to prepare? and can anyone talk about what their interview experience was like?
The interview is your typical interview, may be one on one or with two interviewers. The interview day is like most schools with an overview of the school and it’s program, introduction of the dean, etc. Prepare for typical interview questions and be ready to tell your story - they want to know who you are and why you are aspiring to be a physician. I felt relaxed for the entire interview day and in my interview, told them about what inspired me to become a physician and what I’ve been doing since I graduated from undergrad to make that possibility a reality. Got the A back in August

Interviewed 2/3 and still waiting on a decision. Should I send a letter of intent? or should I just wait for the decision since it will probably come any day now lol

Did anyone who interviewed 2/10 hear back? My interviewer GRILLED me so I'm really curious about my outcome:')

What's up, everyone! Current M1 at TBR campus. Let me know if you have any questions! Best of luck!

At TBR, not on campus. But we are partnered with a cadaver lab about 15 mins away from us that we go to
So your anatomy lab does consist of being able to work on real cadavers?
Also, what is your curriculum like? Is it systems-based?

So your anatomy lab does consist of being able to work on real cadavers?
Also, what is your curriculum like? Is it systems-based?
Hi, I'm an M1 at TBR as well. Our anatomy labs do not require us to work on the real cadavers, but rather that opportunity is available for those who would like it. I was a little concerned about a virtual anatomy lab at first, but it is actually really conducive to learning. Our curriculum starts out with basic science (Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology, etc.), once you finish those courses then the remainder of pre-clinical education is systems-based. We have just started our systems courses a few weeks ago and I must say the basic science foundation has made the transition to systems courses pretty smooth.

Hi everyone! Another applicant created this GroupMe for those accepted to Nova's CHPP program. Here's the link: GroupMe

Does anyone know when the waitlist will start moving? Also, does anyone know where to send a letter of intent?

Any updates for the early February interviews?

Reactions: 2 users
Hope a decision comes soon, this wait is getting crazy.

Also possible they are letting ppl know about acceptances and we just aren’t their ideal candidates this late into the cycle. I have a 503 and 3.9 In state URM

Also waiting as URM instate 503 MCAT, but my interview didn't go too well imo :l

Also possible they are letting ppl know about acceptances and we just aren’t their ideal candidates this late into the cycle. I have a 503 and 3.9 In state URM
Possible! But it seems weird bc people who interviewed on my day have already heard rejections or waitlists as well as acceptances. So it seems like even if we weren’t ideal, they would send us a R or W like some of the others. But idrk 🤷🏼‍♀️