WAMC for top 10 school, high mcat, low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sav_b1

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All!

Just trying to ease my mind here, trying to gauge whether my dream of getting into a top 10 (or top 20) school is viable, or if I should adjust my expectations. I have a high MCAT score and a relatively low gpa. My extracurriculars are really strong, I have consistent clinical experience, and an upward trend in my gpa. I’m pretty personable in terms of personal statement and interviewing. Not URM. What do you think my chances are?

(Edit) any help constructing a school list would be so deeply appreciated!
 
Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
The UC's
USC
Boston University
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Cincinnati
Miami
Duke
UVA
Ohio State
U Michigan
Washington University