WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Three options for the no NK:

1. AM blocked by Cray (most likely)
2. Lawper after interacting with me was actually completely incapacitated and couldnt act (less likely)
3. Wolf chose to no-kill. (extremely unlikely, given the PRs that still abound)

Am I missing anything?

AM, how have you cleared LAwper so easily and shifted to me or Cray?
 
Three options for the no NK:

1. AM blocked by Cray (most likely)
2. Lawper after interacting with me was actually completely incapacitated and couldnt act (less likely)
3. Wolf chose to no-kill. (extremely unlikely, given the PRs that still abound)

Am I missing anything?

AM, how have you cleared LAwper so easily and shifted to me or Cray?
Why do you keep asking me this every six hours? I said you bus and there nothing mechanically clearing for Cray. I cleared Lawpy with my reading card.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 5 Trust is for Fools Tally

Lawpy ()
AM (3) - cray, April, cubs
cubs (2) - Lawpy, AM

5/6 votes
Leading: @Animal Midwife
Missing: @supershorty
Deadline: 10pm EST (~10 hours)

13018835a4266be7c8321eb7ffd3980192c51828.gifv
 
Last edited:
Do we make a tie? Hope both me and AM die, if she flips wolf its over, if she flips village, youve also at least taken me off the board as well as a suspect? Then the NK happens and youre at 1:2 for the final day. Probably too unpredictable with the RNG, but its not like itd be much different with just one of us being yeeting, or itd be like a no vote if neither of us dies.
 
@supershorty you seem to be the only one understanding what the heck AM's plan is. Is it 100% guaranteed like she says it is? Do you trust her to follow it through?
 
Do we make a tie? Hope both me and AM die, if she flips wolf its over, if she flips village, youve also at least taken me off the board as well as a suspect? Then the NK happens and youre at 1:2 for the final day. Probably too unpredictable with the RNG, but its not like itd be much different with just one of us being yeeting, or itd be like a no vote if neither of us dies.
No ties.
 
Do we make a tie? Hope both me and AM die, if she flips wolf its over, if she flips village, youve also at least taken me off the board as well as a suspect? Then the NK happens and youre at 1:2 for the final day. Probably too unpredictable with the RNG, but its not like itd be much different with just one of us being yeeting, or itd be like a no vote if neither of us dies.
No because a tie could either kill you, kill her, kill both of you, or kill neither of you, so I don't like taking the 25% chance of no one dying and being even worse off tomorrow for the hope we'll get the 25% chance of getting a slightly more likely game-solving result
 
Do we make a tie? Hope both me and AM die, if she flips wolf its over, if she flips village, youve also at least taken me off the board as well as a suspect? Then the NK happens and youre at 1:2 for the final day. Probably too unpredictable with the RNG, but its not like itd be much different with just one of us being yeeting, or itd be like a no vote if neither of us dies.
No, god, if we do that and it kills you both, in the event that you're both village, then assuming an NK happens, tomorrow's vote is the only opportunity for us to get it right. I think it's way too big of a risk at this point in the game for us to gamble on RNG and ties.

@supershorty you seem to be the only one understanding what the heck AM's plan is. Is it 100% guaranteed like she says it is?
I've been mulling it over for a couple hours and yes, I don't see a way that it doesn't work.
Do you trust her to follow it through?
I feel like I have to because I refuse to believe that a wolf!AM would pocket me and then take me all the way to endgame to watch me choke. She's nicer to me than that. Or I'm really, really in denial.
 
No because a tie could either kill you, kill her, kill both of you, or kill neither of you, so I don't like taking the 25% chance of no one dying and being even worse off tomorrow for the hope we'll get the 25% chance of getting a slightly more likely game-solving result

But if no one dies, the numbers change and village gets an extra cycle to survive. So not a bad thing.

At least my suggestion got people talking!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, god, if we do that and it kills you both, in the event that you're both village, then assuming an NK happens, tomorrow's vote is the only opportunity for us to get it right. I think it's way too big of a risk at this point in the game for us to gamble on RNG and ties.


I've been mulling it over for a couple hours and yes, I don't see a way that it doesn't work.

I feel like I have to because I refuse to believe that a wolf!AM would pocket me and then take me all the way to endgame to watch me choke. She's nicer to me than that. Or I'm really, really in denial.

Youre the most village person left and youre still alive. Maybe she needed you around.
 
No, god, if we do that and it kills you both, in the event that you're both village, then assuming an NK happens, tomorrow's vote is the only opportunity for us to get it right. I think it's way too big of a risk at this point in the game for us to gamble on RNG and ties.


I've been mulling it over for a couple hours and yes, I don't see a way that it doesn't work.

I feel like I have to because I refuse to believe that a wolf!AM would pocket me and then take me all the way to endgame to watch me choke. She's nicer to me than that. Or I'm really, really in denial.

Also, since AM will refuse to spell it out, can you give us an understandable step by step of this plan, INCLUDING THE "FAILSAFE MECHANISM" so we are all fully informed?
 
Also, since AM will refuse to spell it out, can you give us an understandable step by step of this plan, INCLUDING THE "FAILSAFE MECHANISM" so we are all fully informed?
I'd strongly prefer it if I could walk everyone through it tomorrow, I don't want to put it on the thread today, as frustrating as I know that is. And if you all are sure that I'm just deeply in a fuzzy pocket and want to yeet her today, I guess I can't really stop you. But I haven't found a way that her plan, as proposed, doesn't work, and I'd like to give her a chance to use the friend finder.
 
I'd strongly prefer it if I could walk everyone through it tomorrow, I don't want to put it on the thread today, as frustrating as I know that is. And if you all are sure that I'm just deeply in a fuzzy pocket and want to yeet her today, I guess I can't really stop you. But I haven't found a way that her plan, as proposed, doesn't work, and I'd like to give her a chance to use the friend finder.

So who do we yeet? And what proof do you have that she’s not the wolf and won’t lie about the results?
 
I'd strongly prefer it if I could walk everyone through it tomorrow, I don't want to put it on the thread today, as frustrating as I know that is. And if you all are sure that I'm just deeply in a fuzzy pocket and want to yeet her today, I guess I can't really stop you. But I haven't found a way that her plan, as proposed, doesn't work, and I'd like to give her a chance to use the friend finder.

How do we know the wolf doesn’t kill her seer target and you end up with absolutely nothing and are at mylo?
 
No, god, if we do that and it kills you both, in the event that you're both village, then assuming an NK happens, tomorrow's vote is the only opportunity for us to get it right. I think it's way too big of a risk at this point in the game for us to gamble on RNG and ties.


I've been mulling it over for a couple hours and yes, I don't see a way that it doesn't work.

I feel like I have to because I refuse to believe that a wolf!AM would pocket me and then take me all the way to endgame to watch me choke. She's nicer to me than that. Or I'm really, really in denial.
I'm sorry, I just really can't see how AM isn't the last wolf and even if her plan is foolproof, this all just feels like a way to prolong the inevitable.

That being said, I also like doing things for funsies so if you say it will 100% work, even if I absolutely don't understand it, I might be inclined to give it a shot
 
No, god, if we do that and it kills you both, in the event that you're both village, then assuming an NK happens, tomorrow's vote is the only opportunity for us to get it right. I think it's way too big of a risk at this point in the game for us to gamble on RNG and ties.


I've been mulling it over for a couple hours and yes, I don't see a way that it doesn't work.

I feel like I have to because I refuse to believe that a wolf!AM would pocket me and then take me all the way to endgame to watch me choke. She's nicer to me than that. Or I'm really, really in denial.
But also, let's just assume for a second that AM is in fact a wolf. Would her NK change anything about the plan?
 
But also, let's just assume for a second that AM is in fact a wolf. Would her NK change anything about the plan?
Well, no, because I really doubt there are 2 wolves left, so if AM dies overnight somehow, the game would be over.

I just got to work and realized that I left my phone at home like an idiot, so won't be able to check in again until after I get home sometime after 5.

So who do we yeet?
I'm not sure, it's why I've been in an existential crisis this whole game day and haven't voted yet.
And what proof do you have that she’s not the wolf and won’t lie about the results?
Even if she does lie about the results, the game is unwinnable for her as a wolf at that point for reasons that I can't put on the thread yet. But she knows that she will die N6 if she's a wolf and lies about the results.
 
Read your previous post again.
I did, and sounds like you're saying tomorrow if you're a wolf, we can prevent you winning if we yeet you.

My issue is I'm pretty concerned I'm not going to make it to tomorrow.

I envision that it will be all of us tomorrow, minus perhaps most likely 2 between myself, Lawper, Cubs. If you're crafting an end game, I think you try to yeet Cubs today (you are, with Lawpy's help), and then kill me. That leaves it at you, Shorty, Lawper, and April. I think that you think you can get Lawper yeeted tomorrow for the win. I don't know how comfortable I am with the game coming down to you vs Lawper thunderdoming with a fake seer result in hand and Shorty in the pocket. It would only leave April and Lawpy likely to oppose you.

Also maybe you and Lawper are BOTH wolves, and maybe it was an intentional no kill night. And this is a plot you've maybe cooked up with intent to try to clear you guys from being condemned by block, and a misyeet of cubs today is end game.

You keep holding out a promised village win, but in my view it relies too much on the promise of your being village, or that yeeting you tomorrow is possible.
 
This is the problematic part. You’re asking the entire village to trust you and a likely wolf on some plan that no one else is allowed to know about for *reasons*.
I know, and it ****ing sucks that I don't feel like I can info dump it on the thread right now the way I normally would. I'm so frustrated and confused right now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I understand that but there's a possible N5 outcome that would prevent what I think you mean by the failsafe.
If her proposed plan to get to N6 without parity and a wolf win doesn't really make sense or isn't really fool proof, then it really has to make you wonder if this is really coming from a village!wife.

At least one game with AM where I correctly read her as wolf, she just ceased to make sense yet kept saying whatever she was saying like it would.

Sometimes when Village AM explains WW theory, people don't get it at all, and much like when you've said "Huh?" To someone for the 5th time and still don't understand when they repeat themselves, I've had to just let it go.

I think sometimes Wolf!Wife relies on this mechanism for her to try to float BS past people in games. I've seen it.

Anyway, if there's an issue in her theory here, don't ignore it.
 
Why do you keep asking me this every six hours? I said you bus and there nothing mechanically clearing for Cray. I cleared Lawpy with my reading card.
Come to think of it, only way makes sense I'm a wolf, is *I* did an intentional no kill last night. Trying to decide if I'm that good a wolf or have that much self control in a game with a vig and a watcher.

Did you not get blocking results last night? You haven't claimed.
 
Do we make a tie? Hope both me and AM die, if she flips wolf its over, if she flips village, youve also at least taken me off the board as well as a suspect? Then the NK happens and youre at 1:2 for the final day. Probably too unpredictable with the RNG, but its not like itd be much different with just one of us being yeeting, or itd be like a no vote if neither of us dies.
Tempting. We'd have to be careful arranging who makes the tie. This isn't a Kaydubs game. There could be a tiebreaker. A wolfy tiebreaker? So many unknowns.
 
No, god, if we do that and it kills you both, in the event that you're both village, then assuming an NK happens, tomorrow's vote is the only opportunity for us to get it right. I think it's way too big of a risk at this point in the game for us to gamble on RNG and ties.


I've been mulling it over for a couple hours and yes, I don't see a way that it doesn't work.

I feel like I have to because I refuse to believe that a wolf!AM would pocket me and then take me all the way to endgame to watch me choke. She's nicer to me than that. Or I'm really, really in denial.
There is no nice in WW. Remember that.

The issue is, if this is a wolfplot, she could easily know something you don't, for why the "failsafe" doesn't work. Without knowing more (and that's fine) it's hard for me to give you ideas on what that could be. One wolf had a NK avoidance. Items. Double kills. All kinds of things that can make N5 or N6 not go as we expect.

It's very dangerous to trust a plan put forth by someone suspicious for being a wolf that knows all the ins and outs of your PR if that plan depends on your PR.
 
I did, and sounds like you're saying tomorrow if you're a wolf, we can prevent you winning if we yeet you.

My issue is I'm pretty concerned I'm not going to make it to tomorrow.

I envision that it will be all of us tomorrow, minus perhaps most likely 2 between myself, Lawper, Cubs. If you're crafting an end game, I think you try to yeet Cubs today (you are, with Lawpy's help), and then kill me. That leaves it at you, Shorty, Lawper, and April. I think that you think you can get Lawper yeeted tomorrow for the win. I don't know how comfortable I am with the game coming down to you vs Lawper thunderdoming with a fake seer result in hand and Shorty in the pocket. It would only leave April and Lawpy likely to oppose you.

Also maybe you and Lawper are BOTH wolves, and maybe it was an intentional no kill night. And this is a plot you've maybe cooked up with intent to try to clear you guys from being condemned by block, and a misyeet of cubs today is end game.

You keep holding out a promised village win, but in my view it relies too much on the promise of your being village, or that yeeting you tomorrow is possible.
There is no reason to think two wolves are alive though so I won't be humoring that one.

All others are possible yet still result in me losing if I'm a wolf.
 
Come to think of it, only way makes sense I'm a wolf, is *I* did an intentional no kill last night. Trying to decide if I'm that good a wolf or have that much self control in a game with a vig and a watcher.

Did you not get blocking results last night? You haven't claimed.
I said you blocked me a while ago. Just didn't block any action.
 
There is no nice in WW. Remember that.

The issue is, if this is a wolfplot, she could easily know something you don't, for why the "failsafe" doesn't work. Without knowing more (and that's fine) it's hard for me to give you ideas on what that could be. One wolf had a NK avoidance. Items. Double kills. All kinds of things that can make N5 or N6 not go as we expect.

It's very dangerous to trust a plan put forth by someone suspicious for being a wolf that knows all the ins and outs of your PR if that plan depends on your PR.
If there's a successful double kill, in a game which has had no double kills, you all can come get me. How about that?

Also, this is all about the item. That's the point of me even living today.
 
There are two things we can do, and I'd be okay with either.

We can let AM live and entertain her theory. I vaguely understand how the plan works, and I'll take shorty's word for it if she knows for a fact that it'll work. We can yeet whoever else today, say Lawpy just because he's the next sketchiest, and then tomorrow will roll around and hopefully things can be explained. If tomorrow rolls around and things still don't make sense, then we yeet AM.

Or, we could just yeet AM today.

Either way will result in AM dying before parity is reached and as I'm fairly certain she's the last wolf, either way will be game-winning. The only reason I'm entertaining the plan is because I play WW to have fun and I think entertaining this theory sounds fun. But if everyone wants to yeet AM today, I'm cool with that.
 
Ah jeez. Then I really have no idea what this "failsafe" could be. Lawper, myself, Cubs, seem to have no idea. I hope this doesn't rely on an item April can make, because items are notoriously unreliable in WW in my experience.

How can there be a failsafe only Shorty, AM, April are aware of, and no one else is, that would be in place even if Shorty or April are NK?

Is AM claiming she's some kind of bomb or a player that dies at a certain point in the game? Because unless that's been mod confirmed to you, that would not be a fail safe.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah jeez. Then I really have no idea what this "failsafe" could be. Lawper, myself, Cubs, seem to have no idea. I hope this doesn't rely on an item April can make, because items are notoriously unreliable in WW in my experience.

How can there be a failsafe only Shorty, AM, April are aware of, and no one else is, that would be in place even if Shorty or April are NK?

Is AM claiming she's some kind of bomb or a player that dies at a certain point in the game? Because unless that's been mod confirmed to you, that would not be a fail safe.
Cray, if we end up on the same vote tonight, I'll PM you. Or I'll explain it on the thread tomorrow.
 
I just got to work and realized that I left my phone at home like an idiot, so won't be able to check in again until after I get home sometime after 5.
Ok I'm actually making myself do this now, I'm not being productive enough at work.

Hope @Lawpy has checked in by the time I get back.
 
Ah jeez. Then I really have no idea what this "failsafe" could be. Lawper, myself, Cubs, seem to have no idea. I hope this doesn't rely on an item April can make, because items are notoriously unreliable in WW in my experience.

How can there be a failsafe only Shorty, AM, April are aware of, and no one else is, that would be in place even if Shorty or April are NK?

Is AM claiming she's some kind of bomb or a player that dies at a certain point in the game? Because unless that's been mod confirmed to you, that would not be a fail safe.
That's the point. It's not information for the last wolf to have. Only near confirmed villagers have access.

That's why I know it will work. And, again, even if you argue I'm a wolf, I still lose for the mere fact that this failsafe is known about.