WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are you calling me a caveman or something?
In the anti-technology sense, yes. Like if Ned Ludd had superpowers that could deactivate machines. Maybe @BobLoblaw78 would appreciate my joke.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Louise Belcher GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Love
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
AM, I hope some day you can be proud because I was your wolfatee first and foremost.

I feel a little bad that I killed one of my wolf moms and deeply pocketed the other, but what's a girl to do.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Night 6

tumblr_p7zz5y9WcV1qe9lpso3_500.gifv

Petra stared at the Carja soldier, who still had not managed to share what he had discovered.

"Speak, boy!" she shouted at the clearly full-grown tribesman. She had no patience for weak men. The soldier blinked, stuttered a bit, and then followed her command.

"The Stormbird. We examined the body. There were several punctures that appeared very similar to the ones we found on that Stalker the other night. And evidence of electrical damage. There were also footprints that matched those at the death locations of both the Stalker and that leader of the Eclipse, Helis."

Sun-King Avad blinked at the man. "That can't be. That would mean --"

"Oh, have you figured it out at last Avad?" Sylens still held his lance poised over Talanah's body. In one swift motion, he cut off the Carja soldier's head, and then directed the lance at Petra, killing her on the spot.

Dead is @Aprilthearab, who was Petra Forgewoman, a village tinkerer.

tumblr_oygdwzTBNb1u6b20bo4_400.gifv

"I always wanted it to be you and me at the end, you know. It seemed right." Sylens took a step towards the king.

"But...no. You helped us defeat the Eclipse. You killed Helis personally!"

"That I did," said Sylens. "I had grown tired of him and his fanatics. And I needed HADES weakened. I still have much to learn from that AI, and now it is my prisoner. But I can't do my work with you all getting in my way."

For a moment it looked like the Sun-King might ready himself for a fight. But then he sighed. He had been foolish to send his guards away for this meeting. He had been foolish in many ways. This was his fate. Sylens raised his lance once more, and plunged it through Avad's heart.

Dead is @Animal Midwife, who was Sun-King Avad, a villager who could cancel one night, and also designate a player each night who would be voteless and unvoteable the next day.

74221d5e2d92f704fed907074bf225ef4e51fcd0.gifv

Lance in one hand and the imprisoned AI in the other, Sylens left the throne room and made his way out of Meridian. He would be long gone before anyone discovered what had happened. Whatever plans he had in store for the world, now that no man or machine stood in his way...only time would tell.

The lone survivor and well-deserved winner of the game is @supershorty, who was Sylens, a lone wolf who had one death avoidance, could kill on even nights, and could send a cryptic message on odd nights. When the main pack was defeated, she gained the ability to kill every night.

LONE WOLF WINS!

Dead
4. @alleycat03 - Erend - Village PMer
5. @BobLoblaw78 - Nil - Village Ability Thief
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease - Rost - Village Bodyguard
6. @genny - Helis - Wolf Seer
14. @SportPonies - Varl - Village Ranger
18. @Dinashadow - Aloy - Village mason JOAT
B. @Melchizedek - HADES - Wolf redirector
3. @TelemarketingEnigma - Stalker - Village Tracker
7. @Ms Procrastinator/@Lawpy -Watcher- Village Watcher
2. @Crayola227 - Stormbird - Village Blocker
15. @cubsrule4e - Talanah - Village...uh...I don't have a word for this one

1. @Animal Midwife - Sun-King Avad - Village Night Cancel and Lawyer
11. @Aprilthearab - Petra - Village Tinkerer

Tots:
1. @samac
2. @Lawpy
3. @holdthemayo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @kaydubs
6. @WonderingStudent
7. @Barkley13
8. @Viscernable
9. @FrostySparrow

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
THE GUILT

I'M SORRY, MOTHER 🥺 🥺 🥺 🥺

AM, I'M SO SORRY 😭😭😭

THE PAIN

#shortyforworstchild2021

With the eradication of the main pack, you can now kill every night. Good luck!
oh f uc k
shorty villaged too hard and now she has to wolf :laugh:
I VILLAGED TOO WELL AND BEAT MYSELF

what if shorty shoots shorty instead

shorty hyperventilates into a paper bag and cries

This really hurts my heart.

It's actually entirely my fault, Mother. :1devilish::cryi:

She's gonna prune my branch right off the family tree.

S T R E S S E D

I'm so proud

AM will be proud too. Heartbroken and proud lol
She'll be proud years from now when it doesn't sting quite so much.
That'll be around the time I'm not grounded anymore. #worstchild

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I can’t believe how invested I was in an end game I wasn’t even in.

WAY TO KILL IT SHORTYYYYY. Literally.

• Love
  • Haha
WHAT ABOUT APRIL WHAT HAPPENS WHEN APRIL GETS POCKETED

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I just say WOW what a performance by @supershorty! I have never seen someone pocket every single living person in the game both on thread and in PMs the way she did over the last couple days. Be still my wolfy heart, just watching that happen was a highlight of my WW career.

Thank you all for playing, I hope you are not too traumatized. And of course a HUGE shoutout to @Zenge142 for a job fantastically done on his first time modding!

I'm around to answer any lingering questions, and will be adding people to dead chat shortly.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
GOD I SHOULD HAVE TRUSTED MYSELF WHEN I GOT WOLFY VIBES AND AM TOLD ME TO QUIT IT

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
It is okay. I've been ready to die for a while. I never would have voted you so I feel privileged to be the last kill.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
It is okay. I've been ready to die for a while. I never would have voted you so I feel privileged to be the last kill.

Does that mean you're an idiot shorty sycophant?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Let me call your attention to some things in the writeups...

Though he was offering help, Aloy could not shake the feeling that there was something off about this man.

sylens.gif

And what of this man, who had known so much of the Eclipse, but shared so little before her untimely demise?

The Great Corrupter, the Buried Shadow, was gone. What few remained of its Shadow Carja worshippers were retreating with their tails between their legs. So why did the Nora still feel uneasy?

Helis was dead, HADES purged - as dead as an AI could be. The Eclipse and their Shadow Carja minions had gone into hiding with no one to worship, no one to follow.

Trust is for Fools

The tribe was settled. HADES and Helis were dead. The machines were free.

• Wow
Like I said, no way to catch Shorty or April at this point given their VCA and mechanics. Game well played. Balls get licked.

I think cray summed it up nicely

• Haha
Alright. This game finally gave me the strength to do it. I'm officially mechanically swearing off PMs for myself. So very likely the next one I receive will be dead air as a fair warning.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Let it be known that even when I wolf, I still find wolves D1

• Haha
Alright. This game finally gave me the strength to do it. I'm officially mechanically swearing off PMs for myself. So very likely the next one I receive will be dead air as a fair warning.
Fine, I'll just send you Nigel Thornberry gifs

• Haha
Let it be known that even when I wolf, I still find wolves D1
Ok but to be fair, the points you were trying to make weren't REALLY a good indicator for me because I do, in fact, post like that when I am village lol. I was just wolf hunting as usual until you guys were gone and then I **** a brick and had about 700 panic attacks in my role PM

• Care

But we had good times in Bioshock AM, you have to admit

Reactions: 1 user
i'm sorry 🥺 🥺 🥺
It's not based on the results of you being a wolf. I just finally ran the numbers recently and realize I almost always screw myself in them regardless of the PM'ers affiliation. So I clearly do not understand them well enough to use them properly.

• Care
It's not based on the results of you being a wolf. I just finally ran the numbers recently and realize I almost always screw myself in them regardless of the PM'ers affiliation. So I clearly do not understand them well enough to use them properly.
I really was trying to help village until we like, ran out of other wolves, which was a lot earlier than I would have liked.

Realizing I was at 1 smol shorty vs 6 villagers was not a very good feeling lol

• Care
Ok but to be fair, the points you were trying to make weren't REALLY a good indicator for me because I do, in fact, post like that when I am village lol. I was just wolf hunting as usual until you guys were gone and then I **** a brick and had about 700 panic attacks in my role PM
I’ve seen you post as village, and you don’t trigger my radar when you do. You did this game, i can tell a wolf trying to look helpful vs an actual villager :p

You did a great job keeping it up the first couple of days, I noticed it stopped when April v Mel took center stage but I would have village read you after D3 for being able to keep it up.

shorty - she was a solid village read from the get go. Kind of almost textbook villager. If it turns out my wolf theory on her is right and she IS purposely hitting all the village checkboxes, that was a good job keeping it up the first couple of days.

• Care
In more superstitious news, my fear of early closes being wolf-aligned continues.

• Care
Actually i don't mind this result at all. I regret subbing in but i don't mind being yeeted for one smol shorty win. Why? Because

VILLAGE LAWPY YEET IS GUARANTEED TO RESULT IN VILLAGE LOSS

• Haha
  • Love
  • Hmm
Actually i don't mind this result at all. I regret subbing in but i don't mind being yeeted for one smol shorty win. Why? Because

VILLAGE LAWPY YEET IS GUARANTEED TO RESULT IN VILLAGE LOSS
That is an unfortunate recorded fact for some reason despite my read rate on you. I don't know why.

For those of you who have played the theme/mechanics heavy games I've been a part of modding this year, I am interested in opinions on the methods we used for avoiding game-breaking mass role reveals. In Bioshock the roles were NAI, in RvB there were (albeit perhaps not that effective) cover roles for the wolves, and here we did not give anyone role flavor.

My favorite part of modding games like this is telling a story, and it was mentioned in dead chat that the lack of role flavor here may have made people less inclined to engage with the story in the writeups. Was that the general experience? I know not everyone reads the writeups anyway, but for those who generally do, did not knowing your or others' characters make you feel less engaged, compared to games where you did have that information? Please give me your thoughts!

I am also always always interested in general game design critiques, so feel free to share other thoughts as well.

Can I just say
ok well i'm falling asleep after the day i had. so.

genny kills cubs
genny investigates dina
mel does what he wants, including changing these actions on a whim

Genny picked the exact person she needed to find on NIGHT 1

I see

genny kills cubs
genny investigates dina
Mel controls his sketchlings:
Tracker tracks themselves
Blocker blocks themselves
Watcher watches themselves

Sorry boo, you have to direct the machines to a player by name

N1 Wildzoo's a buzzkill actions:
genny kills cubs
genny investigates dina
Mel controls his sketchlings:
Tracker targets TME
Blocker targets Cray
Watcher targets Cubs

My goal is to have them all target themselves out of sheer luck at some point in the game
I had 2/3 machines redirecting to themselves on N1

Y’all were lucky genny and I were busy or this would have turned out like the time she and I had worked together to convince the protector to protect almost every wolf

Fun game, I appreciate the level of thought @WildZoo and @Zenge142 put into it. Well done!

• Care
  • Love
For those of you who have played the theme/mechanics heavy games I've been a part of modding this year, I am interested in opinions on the methods we used for avoiding game-breaking mass role reveals. In Bioshock the roles were NAI, in RvB there were (albeit perhaps not that effective) cover roles for the wolves, and here we did not give anyone role flavor.

My favorite part of modding games like this is telling a story, and it was mentioned in dead chat that the lack of role flavor here may have made people less inclined to engage with the story in the writeups. Was that the general experience? I know not everyone reads the writeups anyway, but for those who generally do, did not knowing your or others' characters make you feel less engaged, compared to games where you did have that information? Please give me your thoughts!

I am also always always interested in general game design critiques, so feel free to share other thoughts as well.
I actually really liked not having the flavor. It made teasing out the info in the write ups even more fun.

• Love