You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I still need to look this up. I read it as "Suck my head" or Slap my head
Oh, is it Shake my head?
NEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shake my headI still need to look this up. I read it as "Suck my head" or Slap my head
Oh, is it Shake my head?
It does make me happy now that I knowSmh
I assumed lotr as soon as I saw it.
I've been assuming walking, or hiking...
Smh
I assumed lotr as soon as I saw it.
To be fair, Strider does his fair share of fast hiking across the countryside, so probably it after an lotr character who is named after walking or hiking!
smack my headshake my head
hmm, I always did it as shake my head... i guess either appliessmack my head
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
My cat's name is Gandalf, what do you expect 😉NEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDS
I am sure most people do shake, but I like the physical smacking to really get the point across. hahahmm, I always did it as shake my head... i guess either applies
I like *facepalm* or *headdesk* for that, and shaking my head for smh.I am sure most people do shake, but I like the physical smacking to really get the point across. haha
I just have seen it used in anger directed at someone else in place of an *bleep* you, so figured something crude.smack my head
Then see it in bemusement like "lol, really?"
Then in frustration like

And embarrassment like
So I was never sure.
so much more writing for that. plus the * Lazy is as lazy does. but luckily I think most people get the point either way. lolI like *facepalm* or *headdesk* for that, and shaking my head for smh.
But you can choose either a Star Trek or a West Wing meme to illustrate facepalming or headdesking! Nothing like President Josiah Bartlett smacking his head against his desk in frustration.so much more writing for that. plus the * Lazy is as lazy does. but luckily I think most people get the point either way. lol
You said you didn't name it...My cat's name is Gandalf, what do you expect 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I keep saying I like this noob and being proved more correct.But you can choose either a Star Trek or a West Wing meme to illustrate facepalming or headdesking! Nothing like President Josiah Bartlett smacking his head against his desk in frustration.
Day 8
The zebra was braying. "Don't kill me" he pleaded. There was little hope for the zebra. "Cdo saw a lion kill a zebra once! This is obviously the payback in that Cdo felt bad for the zebra." "Yeahhhh no, we don't believe you."
"You don't believe me? Well. That sucks. You see I tried to be nice, but I'm not gonna play nice." Out of nowhere, the zebra grew a second head. Now, with twice the number of heads, nobody in their right mind would believe him. Now, the zebra version of Cerberus (minus a head), everyone suspected him.
"We know you killed the giraffe and everyone else!" He laughed- well- both heads laughed. They laughed so hard that their old, frail zebra heart was unable to keep up, especially not while trying to pump blood to their two zebra brains. The zebra fell over, almost dead. Seeing the opportunity, the other animals lunged, tearing them bit by bit. Nothing was found left of the poor zebra. "Such a shame" Cdo muttered. "I liked the old man zebra".
Dead is @LetItSnow / @StartingoverVet
Roster:
Active Exhibits:
2. @guisantes
12. @strider144
17@SummerTheLynx
19. @Lupin21
20. @LadyOtheFarm
21. @thedrjojo- Camel
22. @genny
23. @Caia
Closed Exhibits:
3. @sheltermed- Pigeon
14. @hazelmoo- Elephant
10. @raf2769- Bald Eagle
1. @Frozenshades - Three-Toed Sloth
9. @Jilary- Otter
16. @mmmdreamerz- Meerkat
6. @finnickthedog- Chimpanzee
5. @nyanko- Hippo
11. @cheathac- Tiger
13. @DVMDream- Snow Leopard
4. @LyraGardenia- Beetle
15. @PippyPony- Gorilla
7. @Animal Midwife- Jaguar
24. @Coopah- Platypus
8. @SkiOtter- Rhino
18. @LetItSnow/ @StartingoverVet- Zebra
The zebra was braying. "Don't kill me" he pleaded. There was little hope for the zebra. "Cdo saw a lion kill a zebra once! This is obviously the payback in that Cdo felt bad for the zebra." "Yeahhhh no, we don't believe you."
"You don't believe me? Well. That sucks. You see I tried to be nice, but I'm not gonna play nice." Out of nowhere, the zebra grew a second head. Now, with twice the number of heads, nobody in their right mind would believe him. Now, the zebra version of Cerberus (minus a head), everyone suspected him.
"We know you killed the giraffe and everyone else!" He laughed- well- both heads laughed. They laughed so hard that their old, frail zebra heart was unable to keep up, especially not while trying to pump blood to their two zebra brains. The zebra fell over, almost dead. Seeing the opportunity, the other animals lunged, tearing them bit by bit. Nothing was found left of the poor zebra. "Such a shame" Cdo muttered. "I liked the old man zebra".
Dead is @LetItSnow / @StartingoverVet
a two headed-old man unseerable Zebra wolf, a wolf who, due to evolution, would be seered as a villager. If investigated on a separate night, his true nefarious colors would show.
Roster:
Active Exhibits:
2. @guisantes
12. @strider144
17@SummerTheLynx
19. @Lupin21
20. @LadyOtheFarm
21. @thedrjojo- Camel
22. @genny
23. @Caia
Closed Exhibits:
3. @sheltermed- Pigeon
14. @hazelmoo- Elephant
10. @raf2769- Bald Eagle
1. @Frozenshades - Three-Toed Sloth
9. @Jilary- Otter
16. @mmmdreamerz- Meerkat
6. @finnickthedog- Chimpanzee
5. @nyanko- Hippo
11. @cheathac- Tiger
13. @DVMDream- Snow Leopard
4. @LyraGardenia- Beetle
15. @PippyPony- Gorilla
7. @Animal Midwife- Jaguar
24. @Coopah- Platypus
8. @SkiOtter- Rhino
18. @LetItSnow/ @StartingoverVet- Zebra
Last edited:
So obviously speaking from a place of inexperience, but I'm getting stronger feels off of Coopah and to a somewhat lesser extent AM than off of other folks. Both seem a little aggressive for D1.
I thought he was a wolf his second game, but did 'not a kitty' on the game where he payed using Coopah's account? Not that it really matters here.
I don't think I got the notification that I was tagged at the start, I just found the thread post-role assignment.
His. Why was yesterday's vote weird? I was getting some feels off of AM, so I voted AM, and when it got down towards the end I didn't feel like SM was a wolf but didn't feel like there was a natural sketch person to switch to so I just stayed put. And I think all my comments are going to have some level of newbie weirdness, but I actually just don't know all the game mechanics so I'm going to have questions.
Yes. Unless you count a card-based version of Mafia I played on a rainy camping trip in Maine in, like, 2003. 🤣 My first time playing it as WW and first time playing it on SDN.
Both 3m and hmoo have me leery, but I'm not totally sold on either. Agh. Not helpful.
Are there folks other than FS who haven't stopped by today? I see Coopah has arrived since I started typing this, was there anybody else absent?
It's just a potential wolf-voting-for-wolf scenario that doesn't make sense to me (I'd expect it to happen when a wolf is either clearly safe or clearly being lynched). I might be misreading it. It's only one of many factors on my list, but it was just curious enough for me to have brought it up.
lynch 3m
Meh. The hmoo vote against 3m could've been to distance 3m from wolf or a momentary consideration of bussing. Joined hmoo in voting to lynch me which could've been that she legitimately thought I was suspicious, or could've been participation in an effort to find an easy target to lynch. I was surprised at how long she waited to put in a vote yesterday, considering everything.
Feels somewhat sketchy. Since I don't have super strong reads on anybody, I'm going to deem this too many questions and go with it.
I have no good feel on players who have been largely absent, and that bugs me. I'll be on again later and hopefully I'll be able to get a stronger read.
Oh my god this game is confusing. Keep getting mixed up between the role of otter and the player otterski + otter avatar. Humph.
Here are my feelings, vague though they may be:
I continue to have concerns about 3m.
There's something that's still ringing a little sketch to me about Coop. Day 1 my guess was that, from their clash-y interactions, either Coop or AM would turn out wolf.
I have no idea what to think of those who are largely absent.
Having looked back at a few games, Ny doesn't seem as feisty as usual. I'm still curious as to why the hazelmoo stats talk about Ny and Jilary was sufficient to cast aspersions on Jilary but not on Ny. Hmoo was mostly defending Jilary, which makes sense because you wouldn't want to align yourself with another wolf quite so aggressively. But getting people onto Jilary and getting her proven village could work to transitively make Ny seem more village. (I might just be having a stats moment on this. Gotta get it out of my system.)
Overall: not strong feels, but enough to keep Ny off my village list. From reading above, I see SOV has an opinion on this, but I'm not totally sure what that opinion is?
Ski had a voting pattern at first that I didn't love (D1 LOTF to sheltermed bandwagon, and not an early vote on hmoo), but mainly distinguishes herself as one of the few players who've been active but haven't made me waver strongly towards either village or sketch.
DVMD had been on my "likely village" list, but the tone in more recent posts has me paying more attention rn.
From the start, I've been thinking that I really hope Lupin isn't a super-sly wolf, because I've definitely put credit on her analysis of stuff! I used to have feels about Lyra, but it might just've been the murder bunny talking -- which is to say they've diminished with gameplay.
I'm really glad that worked out / was right. I was sure it was going to take ski out first, and I was pretty sure Ny was the one we wanted.
Anyone have ideas as to what the content of the message snippet might mean? Or what "we" could be replacing? The writing voice puts me towards DVMD (can sound grumpy), AM (occasional interesting choppy sentences), or to a lesser extent Lupin (occasional weird language, but generally not choppy). It doesn't sound like FS I don't think. Does it sound like it could be LIS? I don't know their voice well enough to judge.
Coop had given me some sketch feels at first. There was a period when she was joking about how she was so sketching and saying she was sketched out by somebody for saying she /didn't/ seem sketchy, which seemed like a great excuse to set up in case people really start saying you're sketchy. She didn't have the greatest vote record, and it was hard to figure out how she would've gotten seer-ed as the platypus right off the bat and with no way to verify platy-identity or the accuracy of the 'trust the platypus' message...
As for LISOV, I think that especially with the switch-over I'm having a hard time tracking my thoughts or feelings on them. I think it's plausible for them to be an original and that's why I voted them originally, but that was going off of a bunch of other peoples' logic on absent veterans allowing the N1 rojo kill so I wasn't a strongly set on that. However, at this point the absence of anything super reassuring from them is going to have to start outweighing the absence of any strong negative convictions about them because frankly, there aren't all that many suspicious people left.
Here are the quotes, I will explain logic in a few
Why would you do this to yourself?
It was ****ing terrible.
Yet I still laughed my ass off. So it was worth the $5. 😉
Sweet deal! 🙂
And with SOV coming up as final original, I am not going to play games anymore. I think #1 convert is caia, not lupin. Especially with Rojo living so long after revive. #2 lupin. #3 Rojo.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
CerberusCerbus
I would add you to the list.And with SOV coming up as final original, I am not going to play games anymore. I think #1 convert is caia, not lupin. Especially with Rojo living so long after revive. #2 lupin. #3 Rojo.
This is what happens when you have to WW on your phone. Frigging autocorrect man.Cerberus
(From my pov I am not going to add myself to the list). Also I would not have tried shennanigans at last minute if I was the last wolf remaining.I would add you to the list.
No way. Caia maybe, but like I said, a smart wolf would go for genny here. Her drop off and missed vote the other day put her on my map, but I didn't want to get ahead of myself. Strider would be a gamble, but would be in that third. Of course, could always do you too since you ridiculously went after me yesterday.And with SOV coming up as final original, I am not going to play games anymore. I think #1 convert is caia, not lupin. Especially with Rojo living so long after revive. #2 lupin. #3 Rojo.
WIFOM. Maybe you were jumping around just to say you wouldn't do that. lol(From my pov I am not going to add myself to the list). Also I would not have tried shennanigans at last minute if I was the last wolf remaining.
Unless she wasn't there for some reason. This is the only worry I have because it would be a great cover. Or if wolves knew there was a rezz ability/item, than a day one kill with a big show was a great way to make sure rojo got to play and could be a favor from Caia. (Clear as mud?)
A little less paranoid now?
Dudes, I've been the worst player here.
And I'd be more inclined for you as a convert over either of them imoAnd with SOV coming up as final original, I am not going to play games anymore. I think #1 convert is caia, not lupin. Especially with Rojo living so long after revive. #2 lupin. #3 Rojo.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha. Only because we were so very certain that you were not an original. I don't think you are the convert though.Dudes, I've been the worst player here.
(You should know I trust 0 things you say at end game after the cat game, so if your goal is to sway me, you have about a 0% chance)Dudes, I've been the worst player here.
That was my first wolf Lynch, so you have some competition... :lmao:Dudes, I've been the worst player here.
I wanna say, "naw, it's ww!" and just laugh it off.A little less paranoid now?
You were on the vote for the old men, but so was everybody... but you helped push that, so... yeah you get to drop down the list a ways.
(You should know I trust 0 things you say at end game after the cat game, so if your goal is to sway me, you have about a 0% chance)
Aww STL. That's fair. I am happily not a wolf, though.
Sorry if this has been determined and I just missed it, but have we determined which night was the likely conversion night?
N5 - the "no actions" night
And my first pick is Genny.
Well, it comes down to how likely the wolves were to do the obvious thing.
Ny was dead by N5, right? So SOV did the conversion. I've never been a wolf with SOV, so I'm not sure what he's likely or not likely to do. But here are my opinions:
Caia- Obvious choice. But is the obvious choice not obvious because it's obvious?
Lupin- Also a pretty predictable convert choice (I'm pretty sure lupes has been converted in every single game I've ever played with her 😛 ). But, her gameplay seems to be indicating otherwise.
STL- Kind of in the same boat as lupin.
Rojo- Probably my number 1 guess. Cleared early, sort of had attention brought back onto him, and then it was shrugged off and everyone decided he was good again.
genny- Not as obvious of a choice as some of the other obvious choices, but definitely has played a good game so far. Seems to have gotten less active in the past few days, but may just be busy.
strider- If I were a wolf I would've converted him hahaha. He's had a good game and it would be pretty unpredictable to convert a new player. But strider is coming off as pretty villagery in PM.
LoTF- Not an obvious convert choice. So does that make her an obvious convert choice? It's all very WIFOM.
I think that's everyone?
Ny was dead by N5, right? So SOV did the conversion. I've never been a wolf with SOV, so I'm not sure what he's likely or not likely to do. But here are my opinions:
Caia- Obvious choice. But is the obvious choice not obvious because it's obvious?
Lupin- Also a pretty predictable convert choice (I'm pretty sure lupes has been converted in every single game I've ever played with her 😛 ). But, her gameplay seems to be indicating otherwise.
STL- Kind of in the same boat as lupin.
Rojo- Probably my number 1 guess. Cleared early, sort of had attention brought back onto him, and then it was shrugged off and everyone decided he was good again.
genny- Not as obvious of a choice as some of the other obvious choices, but definitely has played a good game so far. Seems to have gotten less active in the past few days, but may just be busy.
strider- If I were a wolf I would've converted him hahaha. He's had a good game and it would be pretty unpredictable to convert a new player. But strider is coming off as pretty villagery in PM.
LoTF- Not an obvious convert choice. So does that make her an obvious convert choice? It's all very WIFOM.
I think that's everyone?
And I think I disagree with your entire list... But I'm slightly biasedWell, it comes down to how likely the wolves were to do the obvious thing.
Ny was dead by N5, right? So SOV did the conversion. I've never been a wolf with SOV, so I'm not sure what he's likely or not likely to do. But here are my opinions:
Caia- Obvious choice. But is the obvious choice not obvious because it's obvious?
Lupin- Also a pretty predictable convert choice (I'm pretty sure lupes has been converted in every single game I've ever played with her 😛 ). But, her gameplay seems to be indicating otherwise.
STL- Kind of in the same boat as lupin.
Rojo- Probably my number 1 guess. Cleared early, sort of had attention brought back onto him, and then it was shrugged off and everyone decided he was good again.
genny- Not as obvious of a choice as some of the other obvious choices, but definitely has played a good game so far. Seems to have gotten less active in the past few days, but may just be busy.
strider- If I were a wolf I would've converted him hahaha. He's had a good game and it would be pretty unpredictable to convert a new player. But strider is coming off as pretty villagery in PM.
LoTF- Not an obvious convert choice. So does that make her an obvious convert choice? It's all very WIFOM.
I think that's everyone?
(You should know I trust 0 things you say at end game after the cat game, so if your goal is to sway me, you have about a 0% chance)
Btw, I just went back and read the last couple days of that game. Obviously don't have the pms anymore but I don't think we've both been around at end game since then (bc you've been modding usually)? Isn't that weird to think about?
Anyway, just wanted to state your lack of trust is justified. Also, I was plain bat**** back then and you were so innocent!
Look, I'm getting all softie again. I've mellowed in my old age or something.
Isn't allegro's halfway decent though? (Given that we are not in NY.
******************Allegro's isn't bad at all. I like the divey place out at Baltimore and 49th better, but that's not exactly UCity. Does have a respectable $3 milkshake, though.
Allegro's is.... edible? It's definitely not GOOD! But it's the best I've had in UCity, unfortunately there just isn't any competition.
Strider, you are here too?!
*****************
**************************************************
I've been on nights for weeks, so my perception of time is a little screwed up, but it seems like this game is looooooooooong
*********************************************
I've been on nights for weeks, so my perception of time is a little screwed up, but it seems like this game is looooooooooong
*********************************************
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It's only night 8!**************************************************
I've been on nights for weeks, so my perception of time is a little screwed up, but it seems like this game is looooooooooong
![]()
*********************************************
***********************It's only night 8!
Working nights just makes things feel like forever. Two weeks felt like two years. I can't even imagine what two months would feel like.
***********************
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I missed voting Friday because things got really crappy and I don't want to talk about the case I had to euthanize at the end of the day. Husband took me out to see Spiderman as a distraction. No ragrets.No way. Caia maybe, but like I said, a smart wolf would go for genny here. Her drop off and missed vote the other day put her on my map, but I didn't want to get ahead of myself. Strider would be a gamble, but would be in that third. Of course, could always do you too since you ridiculously went after me yesterday.
Night closed results pending
I don't usually make it this far in games. I'm thinking Lupin, Caia, or rojo as converts. Lupin is the obvious choice, but this gets very WIFOM-y.
Night 8
Maybe I watched The Lion King too many times as a kid (likely answer), maybe I just really liked seeing a lion take down and eat a massive zebra (which did happen). Nonetheless, it was all part of the Circle of Life when the zookeepers found the Lion, dead, only hours after taking part in killing the Zebra.
Dead is
It is now Day 9.
Active Exhibits:
12. @strider144
17@SummerTheLynx
19. @Lupin21
20. @LadyOtheFarm
21. @thedrjojo- Camel
22. @genny
23. @Caia
Closed Exhibits:
3. @sheltermed- Pigeon
14. @hazelmoo- Elephant
10. @raf2769- Bald Eagle
1. @Frozenshades - Three-Toed Sloth
9. @Jilary- Otter
16. @mmmdreamerz- Meerkat
6. @finnickthedog- Chimpanzee
5. @nyanko- Hippo
11. @cheathac- Tiger
13. @DVMDream- Snow Leopard
4. @LyraGardenia- Beetle
15. @PippyPony- Gorilla
7. @Animal Midwife- Jaguar
24. @Coopah- Platypus
8. @SkiOtter- Rhino
18. @LetItSnow/ @StartingoverVet- Zebra
2. @guisantes- Lion
Maybe I watched The Lion King too many times as a kid (likely answer), maybe I just really liked seeing a lion take down and eat a massive zebra (which did happen). Nonetheless, it was all part of the Circle of Life when the zookeepers found the Lion, dead, only hours after taking part in killing the Zebra.
Dead is
@guisantes (previously @nohika ) a Lion whose mighty roar could kill one player of her choosing during the day.
Long live the king.
Long live the king.
It is now Day 9.
Active Exhibits:
12. @strider144
17@SummerTheLynx
19. @Lupin21
20. @LadyOtheFarm
21. @thedrjojo- Camel
22. @genny
23. @Caia
Closed Exhibits:
3. @sheltermed- Pigeon
14. @hazelmoo- Elephant
10. @raf2769- Bald Eagle
1. @Frozenshades - Three-Toed Sloth
9. @Jilary- Otter
16. @mmmdreamerz- Meerkat
6. @finnickthedog- Chimpanzee
5. @nyanko- Hippo
11. @cheathac- Tiger
13. @DVMDream- Snow Leopard
4. @LyraGardenia- Beetle
15. @PippyPony- Gorilla
7. @Animal Midwife- Jaguar
24. @Coopah- Platypus
8. @SkiOtter- Rhino
18. @LetItSnow/ @StartingoverVet- Zebra
2. @guisantes- Lion
Alright. I'm somewhat torn on what SOV would do. Being on the old men the last few days means nothing in my mind because one of the first things I'd do is quietly push for his lynch. Not be loud about it to draw attention to it but would not try to save him at all. With that in mind:
I wolfed with him once in the Crazy Town game where he was the dead guy who picked his team - I was converted as the one conversion allowed late in the game bc I had a great game picking off some wolves. It was the most obvious choice there was. So to me, I'm most paranoid about Lupin because she is the stupidly obvious choice in this game and everyone always knows this and lets her live to the end anyway just because they hope it's not her. If it was my choice, I wouldn't let her live to the end. But not yet.
Genny I think is the perfect non-obvious choice. Smart, not obnoxious and could kill us off while we're bickering about each other.
Rojo, I don't think is but so help me, I hate being wrong here more than anything. Also if I was wolfing, I wouldn't let him come with me to end game. I don't believe I would be able to get it by him, honestly.
STL I don't think is converted unless he's trying really hard to be the anti version of himself. I feel like he's been stressed quite a bit and that doesn't fit with converted STL in my mind. But that said, would not surprise me at all if this was the game he was playing for that reason.
Would SOV choose a less experienced wolf (or first-timer) in LOTF or strider as his only conversion? I have my doubts.
I think today, I am going to go with Genny. If she is not the wolf and I'm alive tomorrow, I'll likley lynch Lupin next.
I wolfed with him once in the Crazy Town game where he was the dead guy who picked his team - I was converted as the one conversion allowed late in the game bc I had a great game picking off some wolves. It was the most obvious choice there was. So to me, I'm most paranoid about Lupin because she is the stupidly obvious choice in this game and everyone always knows this and lets her live to the end anyway just because they hope it's not her. If it was my choice, I wouldn't let her live to the end. But not yet.
Genny I think is the perfect non-obvious choice. Smart, not obnoxious and could kill us off while we're bickering about each other.
Rojo, I don't think is but so help me, I hate being wrong here more than anything. Also if I was wolfing, I wouldn't let him come with me to end game. I don't believe I would be able to get it by him, honestly.
STL I don't think is converted unless he's trying really hard to be the anti version of himself. I feel like he's been stressed quite a bit and that doesn't fit with converted STL in my mind. But that said, would not surprise me at all if this was the game he was playing for that reason.
Would SOV choose a less experienced wolf (or first-timer) in LOTF or strider as his only conversion? I have my doubts.
I think today, I am going to go with Genny. If she is not the wolf and I'm alive tomorrow, I'll likley lynch Lupin next.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 98K