William Carey University (WCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2107

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks. I tried emailing Ms. Davidson last week but didn't get a response back. Do you think I'd be alright emailing her again? I don't want to seem pushy. I was looking for a status update on my application, but it was only complete 4 weeks ago today.

You can try emailing Ms. Donna Day as well. I believe that LaDonna Davidson is away on business right now. Ms. Day's email is [email protected].

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete back in October, but the physician I asked to submit a LOR never submitted one even though I reminded him every week for like 2 months, so it doesn't look like I'll be getting an interview here. Good luck to everyone who was accepted here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an offer of acceptance today. Interviewed 2/17. Stats for WCUCOM (who doesn't use grade replacement in calculations) are something like 3.02 undergrad, 3.4 grad, 508 MCAT.

Has anyone else received an offer recently?
Congrats!!!! When were you complete?

I'm hoping I receive one in the near future :)

After much deliberation, I canceled my interview here. (Already accepted to LMU and loved it there.) Anyways, hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted yesterday!! 3.6 GPA, 505 MCAT, complete around early January

Do the post-tornado interviews still start at 10:30? This is urgent

Sent from my SM-T550 using SDN mobile

My interview day started at 10:30 on 1/30 following the tornado.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr
Wow thats the first time I've heard of that! Source? Thats a lot of work to calculate GPA instead of utilizing the AACOMAS GPA.
Dr. Weir, the admissions dean, relayed this to me.

Hey guys, on the day of my interview I completely forgot about the draw string bag they gave me. It had a lot of information inside that I wanted to look over. Is all of that info on their site or should I try to get another? Thanks!

Hey guys, on the day of my interview I completely forgot about the draw string bag they gave me. It had a lot of information inside that I wanted to look over. Is all of that info on their site or should I try to get another? Thanks!

I still have my bag.

PM me your email address and I can scan you copies of what was in there.

Anyone interviewing on March 24,2017? Also, people who have interviewed for the upcoming class, what was the interview like. Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Anyone interviewing on March 24,2017? Also, people who have interviewed for the upcoming class, what was the interview like. Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Very laid back and everyone was extremely friendly. Know why DO and why William Carey. They accept a high percentage of interviewees so your chances of being are admitted are high.

Hi fist time poster; does anyone know how many spots are left for the upcoming class and/or if they are still giving out interviews?
Really wanting to go here but have not received an email for interview yet :(
I was a relatively late applicant (in regards to secondary) as I had to update my MCAT. Secondary app accepted and up for review as of 3/20. staying hopeful...

Hi fist time poster; does anyone know how many spots are left for the upcoming class and/or if they are still giving out interviews?
Really wanting to go here but have not received an email for interview yet :(
I was a relatively late applicant (in regards to secondary) as I had to update my MCAT. Secondary app accepted and up for review as of 3/20. staying hopeful...

Keep your chin up. I'm a current first year, and I didn't receive an interview until late. The school can be slow in getting in touch with you.

Keep your chin up. I'm a current first year, and I didn't receive an interview until late. The school can be slow in getting in touch with you.
What is your honest opinion of the COM and how is the match rate? Also I wanted to ask you something about DO's matching into allopathic residences

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

Thank you for the response; I am definitely trying to keep my hopes up. I got into contact with Dr. Weir yesterday and he let me know that I have not been selected for an interview as of right now but that I am on the cusp of whether I will receive one. He said it *could* happen in the coming months. My GPA is low but all of my other stats are pretty competitive so my GPA is holding me back rn. He told me that sometimes people on paper look great but don't do as well in interviews and get passed over. I'm assuming I'll be given an interview if they can't fill up spots with their prioritized students.

Do you know many spots would be open as of right now? Although I'm trying to stay hopeful, I'm sure you know it's super nerve-wracking. In the mean time, I am meeting with Dr. Roark today to talk about the Masters in Biomedical Sciences Program as a backup plan. He told me I'd be a great candidate for the program if I did not get in to the DO Program, be he also told me to stay hopeful since it's only my GPA that is holding me back.

Thank you for the response and hope lol. I hope for you to be my big next year ;)

Is there a facebook page?
For those who've been accepted so far. But don't take my word on the 40+ open seats some classmates may not even have a Facebook.

I was never told about this fb group and I have been accepted since January lol
I don't know if I can add you or not but send me your username. You can also try to look up Fred Rossi.

If you haven't received an email with the link to the fb group and have been accepted for more than 2 weeks then contact Lia Morales or Fred Rossi on FB.

How long should the secondary application statement of purpose be?

How long should the secondary application statement of purpose be?
I think there is no limit. But it is sensible to limit the length by your own decision since it has to go through the review process.
Good Luck!!!

Paid deposit. Anyone know when orientation is?
First year student... Our orientation for next year begins on July 24th, and I believe that at the start of this year, we started with the second year students. If it isn't on July 24th, it will likely be sometime that same week.

Interview invite for May 15th today. Applied in March

Interview invite for May 15th today. Applied in March

Got an interview invite for May 15th also (ayee). I applied in January, got secondary at end of Feb. Got interview invite today.

Does anyone know how we should go dressed? I was thinking nice pants, nice button down, and a sports jacket. Any advice? Also is it the general consensus that if you do well in the interview, you have a >90% shot at being admitted.

Thank you for any replies.

Got an interview invite for May 15th also (ayee). I applied in January, got secondary at end of Feb. Got interview invite today.

Does anyone know how we should go dressed? I was thinking nice pants, nice button down, and a sports jacket. Any advice? Also is it the general consensus that if you do well in the interview, you have a >90% shot at being admitted.

Congrats on the interview invitation. For men, it's going to be typical interview attire - a suit if you have it, or nice pants, jacket, and tie will work. And yes, if you have been offered an interview, that means that they pretty much want you here. All you have to do is not blow that chance. Just answer the interview questions honestly and behave professionally, and you should be fine! Good luck!

I would never go with less than a suit with a nice shirt, conservative Windsor knot tie, and shined shoes. I'd do that for a minimum wage job interview lol. Probably not necessary but why give that one person a reason to think less of you? That's my logic anyway.

If anyone reading this is looking for a house next year, send me a message!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

An update on post-tornado recovery from a senior faculty member here.

Move-back to the Carey campus will be initiated in action as of May 1st, with actual faculty and staff return scheduled for June 12-15th as explained officially this morning to us by Dean Turner.

To me? Simply an astounding recovery schedule. Our incoming class of 2021 will be essentially totally unaffected by the facilities devastation of the storm.

Think, please, about this for you students currently mulling over an acceptance offer, OR for those of you thinking in advance about applying for the class of 2022. Resilience, commitment to student education, adaptation, and a family sense of "stick together", "work together", "trust in effort", and "therefore succeed". These attributes are very much in evidence here at Carey.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
An update on post-tornado recovery from a senior faculty member here.

Move-back to the Carey campus will be initiated in action as of May 1st, with actual faculty and staff return scheduled for June 12-15th as explained officially this morning to us by Dean Turner.
Think, please, about this for you students currently mulling over an acceptance offer, OR for those of you thinking in advance about applying for the class of 2022. Resilience, commitment to student education, adaptation, and a family sense of "stick together", "work together", "trust in effort", and "therefore succeed". These attributes are very much in evidence here at Carey.

It is the fastest post-tornado recovery I ever have seen !!!!
Thank you for the update.