Writing NBDE Part 1 in November/December 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bddsgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

All of you folks who are writing NBDE Part 1 in November/December 2009, come and share your knowledge. I have just started my preparation in May.

I did my Graduation in 2007 from India. So the subjects I m studying now were studied by me 5-6 years back.

So lets make a study plan and study together.

God Bless All of Us

Members don't see this ad.

hello everyone
m also frm india graduated in 2008
m planning to take the xams around same time
this is really a gr8 thread & i wish to join u all :)
m done with DA
presently doing ana
anybody doing the same?

Dear friend, can U pls post the exact website link where you found that. Have been looking for it for quite sometime.... Thanks in advance...

You can get that info from the 2009 candidate guide for NBDE part 1.Not only there is a list of topics which will be covered in the exam but also how many questions come from each topic.The candidate guide is on the ADA website.

Can you pls let us all the material you used for DA and how long it took you.

hello everyone
m also frm india graduated in 2008
m planning to take the xams around same time
this is really a gr8 thread & i wish to join u all :)
m done with DA
presently doing ana
anybody doing the same?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you pls let us all the material you used for DA and how long it took you.

I went through the kaplan notes, decks & wheelers
and lastly solved the released papers
took me around a week or so
i wasn't comfortable with the occlusion qs earlier
but now it seems better
but will really appreciate anymore suggestions :)
esp for occlusion

hi,
one question pls.those who r planning to take exam in nov have u sent ur toefl scores to colleges??can u pls tell me which ones?? or is it ok we get all the reports from ets in sealed envelope and send later when we r applying.
thanks

Am in search of question papers from 91 -2000 .Can anybody tell me if there were released papers in that period and if so how many.......
If i can go to any site and specifically look up for released papers from 1991 onwards till 2000 .

Any suggestions are welcome .

Am in search of question papers from 91 -2000 .Can anybody tell me if there were released papers in that period and if so how many.......
If i can go to any site and specifically look up for released papers from 1991 onwards till 2000 .

Any suggestions are welcome .

Hey Truth Seeker,

You can look at the asdanet.org website.....or you can also search on net or any torrents about nbde and you will find all of them

Hey Everyone,

I am finally done with Micro.......all of it.....Vow!!!
What a great feeling to finish a subject...... Although I hated it when I started it....but now I love it......

I started Patho yesterday.......I dont know why but my starting is always slow......I just did Cell Injury and Cell Adaptation yesterday........Today I am going to do Immunopthology.......Hope to finish it by today........

So, how are you all guys doing......

I am sometimes so stressed out as we are left with approximately two months now.......We have to give more hours to studies now......How many hours are you guys studying now.........

I hope to finish Patho by the end of this month and then I am left with ANATOMY!!!

Ok so you guys have Happy Studying!!!
Good Luck

hi everyone..
if some one do the exam on september 20th this year, do he have time to do the retake again befor 2010 ????

Hey,

All of you folks who are writing NBDE Part 1 in November/December 2009, come and share your knowledge. I have just started my preparation in May.

I did my Graduation in 2007 from India. So the subjects I m studying now were studied by me 5-6 years back.

So lets make a study plan and study together.

God Bless All of Us
hi,
i m writing my exam in nov/dec.i m doin physio and done with biochem micro and DA.still not confident.i think i need to know more abt exam..
what subject are u doing now?we can share our knowledge.
good luck

hey guys any one from north carolina please???
raleigh, area???
thanks...any way i got my ece reports and planing to take cexam in nov.. when i need to apply? how this thing works??? pls...
willie
[email protected]

Hi there, i´m from spain and i´m planing to take the part 1 on October, anybody has idea of where to find past exams...please give me advise I really need it. Thankss
Dr.garcia

Hey Truth Seeker,

You can look at the asdanet.org website.....or you can also search on net or any torrents about nbde and you will find all of them

hey bddsgirl , do you have papers from 1991- 2000 ? please let me know. asda site i dont think its there, all they have is in the form alphabetical booklets. please do check and reply asap.

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys
i m also in da sme boat wid all u ppl...would like to join the discussion forum and may get sme insights for the exams....u all seem to b doin pretty decent prep for the exams....i also started my prep in june for the nov 2009 exams....i thnk m laggin behind a lot....
1 more Q : does ny 1 have the resource guide for the international dentist published by the ADA????

Last edited:
hey bddsgirl , do you have papers from 1991- 2000 ? please let me know. asda site i dont think its there, all they have is in the form alphabetical booklets. please do check and reply asap.

thanks in advance

Hey Trythseeker,

Look for I-I, I-J for 1991 and 1997

Hey Guys,

What are you doing now-a-days.....I am doing my patho......i finished the tidbits about patho and now I am left with systemic pathology.......

I think Systemic pathology should not take more than 15 days as I am doing it from my text book which is damn 800 pages.....but It is very interesting and I feel like reading it more so right now my speed is good.........

I am doing neoplasias right now and hope to finish them by tonight..........

So, keep studying guys............Good Luck

hi everybody,
asda has released new packet of papers on aug 18th.i went and checked it is worth $322 which is a huge price.what r u people doing.r u planning to buy those.

hi everybody,
asda has released new packet of papers on aug 18th.i went and checked it is worth $322 which is a huge price.what r u people doing.r u planning to buy those.

hi.i'm new.i have to take the exam in nov. the price is high. i've heard that it's not as useful as u expect.

no i havent booked yet.was thinking of doing this week so i just asked and one more question pls what about applying to clgs.will we do that once we get our result or before that and send them scores later.is it allowed??
thanks

anniestar,

You can only apply to universities once you get your result from this test......because that is their major requirement to apply.....

hi.. everyone.. i would like to join u guys too.. i m taking the exam on dec 18th.. i have started with DA.. did the first aid.. now doing the decks..

hey guyz m new to US wana attempt in dec need ur suggestions
i've 3 months 4m nw on hw many hrs shud i study?
approx hw many days shud b gvn 2 each subject?
after reading all of ur posts m damn nervous n scared ...
i need help...
m doing anat nw ...
w8ng 4 ur replies..

hi BDDSgirl

how many hours are you studying in a day?

Hi Annieindds,

I try to study for about 8 hours every day.....but it changes every day....some days I evn get 10 hours of studying......and some days I cannot study at all.....

So, guys......how are you all doing now.......I am still on Pathology.......Doing Respiratory system these days.....PAthology is so vast......just like a vast ocean......U never can get all of it.......the more deep you go, the more water you see ahead of you.........trust me guys......never ending.....!!!

But we all have to try, not much time left now......So, we all have to just give our best shot now........

Happy Studying to all of you.

Good Luck

Hi Annieindds,

I try to study for about 8 hours every day.....but it changes every day....some days I evn get 10 hours of studying......and some days I cannot study at all.....

So, guys......how are you all doing now.......I am still on Pathology.......Doing Respiratory system these days.....PAthology is so vast......just like a vast ocean......U never can get all of it.......the more deep you go, the more water you see ahead of you.........trust me guys......never ending.....!!!

But we all have to try, not much time left now......So, we all have to just give our best shot now........

Happy Studying to all of you.

Good Luck

hi.do u think i should go over first aid ,because im done with the decks.some p say that its enough .what about released q or kaplan?which type u suggest?

Hi Whoisthebest,

I have read decks and gone through NBDE first aid Part 1 too, First-aid is just a better organised compilation of decks I think, So if you are thorough with decks I dont think you need to go through First-aid....that is my opinion, you can still take a look and check......

I think you should solve some released questions and see where you stand....because you know better what works better for your situation.....

Solving previous released questions is very important I think.....So go for that and see what happens.....

Good Luck

Hey even i m plannin to take my exam in November.....If v cud mail eachother as to wat to stdy in a day and revise ....It wud b great if this s thru mail

HI Whoisthebest,

Thanks a lot for your encouragement.......I just pray to God, that we all get what we deserve.......and I know we all here are trying very hard.....giving our bests.....so we all deserve the BEST!!!

Good Luck

I'm in the same boat, thinking to re-take on november:).
Hoping to get a high score this time.
Studying Dental Anatomy and practicing with the released test right now,
All the best for everyone and keep in touch!:luck:

Hey Dr. Gang its time that you start studying right now....even 2-3 hours per day in the beginning is fine and then go to hard studies.....start from the easiest one like DA.....

Yes the pattern is going to change next year in the way that you will be able to write the test one time and if you pass that is if you get 75% you will not be able to write the test again.....but if you fail and get less that 75% then you can rewrite it........

Dont get nervous we all here are writing the test in November and we have just started....

I am still doing Endocrinology.......I think it is important topic so I am doing it very thoroughly......Hope to finish this in one week.......
Hey BDS Girl Can you Plz Tell me About the rules if you take this exam On 29th of December..i mean if you take this exam till 31st of December and your results comes in the Next year so will we be able to reappear if Godforbid we have to...thanx a lot for your Infos

HI Teekay,

No, you cannot reappear in the exam in 2010. So, in 2010, you can only write the exam either the first time or if you have failed, i.e., you scored less than 75% in your previous attempt.......

That is what I think of the new rule ......

Hi Guys,

How are you all doing......... Finally don with my Pathology...........So now I am revising Micro and Patho and then I will try solving ASDA papers............

Pathology was so vast!!! But now when it is done I feel much relaxed now......now the key is to Revise, Revise and Revise ............

So how is everyone doing.........I think all of us are working hard to get this.......

Good Luck

Hello there ! Anyone interested in discussing study strategy/ questions on a regular basis .....quickly and efficiently as iam taking my part 1 in a months time and studying all by myself is sometimes not as great always....this is my second retake though. Anyone up for it do let me know !
Thanks.

my exam date is 6th nov.i m doin anatomy from first aid also referrin decks.i ve dome with biochem n micro frm kaplan.i m doin uestions also.can u guy plz tell me if i can write my exam on that day.how many hrs do u guys study?i m so worreid plz suggest.thanks

hi everyone.
someone plz tell me if we get a score around 75-80,unless u cant take the exam anymore in 2010 again,what would happen next ?should we find a new job or wait till 2012?its not fair,something missing in this rule, there must be something else ,....

hi bddsgirl,i went over some questions ,i realized that the decks were not enough to answer questions .do u think i have to go over first aid or just review more Q and go over the decks again?my exam is mid nov. im mixed up cause first aid is alot and im sacared that i could not review it if i even could go over it once.without review means nothing.

Hello everyone,
Giving my exam in nov. i have given earlier in may but the score was'nt gr8 nwys.......
i have first aid NBDE part1
Dental decks 09-10
Kaplan dentessentials
First aid basic sciences.

Anybody can guide wqt else do i have to do and also about the schedule...

Thanks.........

hey nbdehelp,
me too taking part I again soemtime in nov or dec...i would also like to discus quest...pm me..i have never done this b4 so guide me..