WW 101 - SDN Farm - Beginner's WW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trusting epipen here and going to lynch jayna

Members don't see this ad.

And I am helping, obviously, because you were discovered as a wolf. My hunch paid off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow... I think I am going to trust epivet. If Jayna really is a villager, then we know epivet was lying and will know who to lynch next. Unlynch sand_cat, lynch jayna.

I thought it made sense for epivet to choose jayna, because ES was going to seer one of the sheep and it wastes a seer to double-check the same person. And Jayna has been setting off some alarm bells, not just for epivet. Well, we can at least find out whether epivet is telling the truth. Sorry, epivet, but you haven't done anything super villager-y yet (nothing really wolfy either, you're on my "I have no idea" list), so I wouldn't mind getting a little proof.

Also, claiming a kind of unusual farm animal seems more wolfy than someone claiming a pig. I would be surprised if we didn't have a villager pig, so if epivet was a wolf, someone could call out her lie pretty easily. A catfish is believable as a farm animal, but less likely to already be taken.

If you were a villager seer, why in the world wouldn't you seer the other player claiming to be the villager seer (ES?). I find it very convenient that you chose to seer a random person like me instead of someone EVERYONE was skeptical of like ES or Kittyy or Haxx. Surely a villager seer would be helping the villagers out more and not doing their own thing.

Based on previous threads I've skimmed through, there can be more than one villager seer. (Such as one that just sees abilities, one that sees roles and affiliations etc.).

I thought it made sense for epivet to choose jayna, because ES was going to seer one of the sheep and it wastes a seer to double-check the same person. And Jayna has been setting off some alarm bells, not just for epivet. Well, we can at least find out whether epivet is telling the truth. Sorry, epivet, but you haven't done anything super villager-y yet (nothing really wolfy either, you're on my "I have no idea" list), so I wouldn't mind getting a little proof.

Also, claiming a kind of unusual farm animal seems more wolfy than someone claiming a pig. I would be surprised if we didn't have a villager pig, so if epivet was a wolf, someone could call out her lie pretty easily. A catfish is believable as a farm animal, but less likely to already be taken.
If epivet is right though, that puts you on the suspect list. Why go out of her way to make such a claim and kill a villager if she would certainly get lynched afterward? And why defend jayna when we could just hang then both to sort the mess out?
13.png

I am earning my paycheck today. I am covered in bodily fluids.

I'm trying to catch up on everyhting but I have a lot to read and not sure how much time to do it in

Reactions: 1 user
Do elaborate.

There's not much more to it. I had a hunch, a gut instinct and I went with it. It just happened to pay off. If I'm lying, and lynching Jayna reveals she really is a "catfish," then it'll be obvious I'm a wolf. One way or another, a wolf will be killed. However, since I'm telling the truth about being a seer, if I live, I can investigate one more person. And that's dangerous news for the wolves.

Unlynch kittyy lynch jayna. If jayna is a villager, we can lynch epi next. Jayna's claimed ability isn't useful anymore anyway. Either one of the seers is not what they say they are, or we have two seers to help us since we're such noobs. But I am suspicious that the answer is not generous mods..... ;)

If epivet is right though, that puts you on the suspect list. Why go out of her way to make such a claim and kill a villager if she would certainly get lynched afterward? And why defend jayna when we could just hang then both to sort the mess out?
13.png
Um, I just said I think Jayna is most likely a wolf. It's another situation like the sheep, where one of them has to be a wolf for this to make sense. Someone is lying, so a lynch will tell us who. I think epi is most believable right now, but I'm hesitant to 100% trust someone right now. I'm not defending jayna any more than other people are by saying that there's a chance epi is lying, but that we will find that out by lynching jayna.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's not much more to it. I had a hunch, a gut instinct and I went with it. It just happened to pay off. If I'm lying, and lynching Jayna reveals she really is a "catfish," then it'll be obvious I'm a wolf. One way or another, a wolf will be killed. However, since I'm telling the truth about being a seer, if I live, I can investigate one more person. And that's dangerous news for the wolves.
Have you looked into anyone else on your previous nights? Who did you investigate each night, and what did you learn? Did you find any other wolves?
Also, I've been checking b/w classes, so I can't go back on thread and check to verify. Didn't BI confirm that Jayna was a catfish?

Also, did ES find out anything new about our sheep problem last night?

But it's normal to not out your role/abilities/lack of abilities on the thread until you're about to be lynched. If anything, haxx outed himself a little too early. He had some lynch votes then, but could have told us a little (like "it's due to a posting/voting restriction, I'll role reveal if you need me to") without immediately telling us his entire role.
I know that Jayna is not what she claims and is trying to trick us into believing she is innocent. Since I'm sure I'm dead either way, since the wolves know I'm onto them, I'll role reveal. I'm a pig that can investigate players once a night by wallowing in the mud. Last night I investigated Jayna and she was discovered to be a bear (AKA a wolf). I hope all the villagers realize I'm telling the truth and lynch Jayna, so that my death isn't in vain. :(
WELL IF THAT ISN'T A GOOD REASON THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.... UNLYNCH HAXX, LYNCH JAYNA. UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE HAS THE ROLE OF BEING THE PIG?

According to my count, majority has switched. I am down with this reasoning. If jayna comes up villager, we know who goes next. Unlynch kittyy, Lynch Jayna

I've investigated other players, yes, most of them too late to save. When I did know, I tried to steer the vote away from that player. It's not my place to reveal the roles of other people, but I can say Jayna is the first and only wolf I've found. Also, the only reason I've decided to out myself now is I'm sure I'm already targeted because I KNOW Jayna is a wolf. If I can't convince y'all tonight and I die, then you'll see I was telling the truth. Either way, we take a win, even if it means sacrificing myself.

lynch jayna. I dunno if it's da smartest thing but I tink dat epivet will lead us to safety
tumblr_m8e1v2vCkL1qbyxr0o1_250.gif

Reactions: 1 users
OOPS SORRY, I MEANT TO RESPOND TO THIS QUOTE AND THEN I SAW ALL THE NEW POSTS ABOUT JAYNA AND LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT. IT'S NOT RELEVANT NOW BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE WE FINALLY HAVE ONE OF THE WOLVES FOR SURE THIS TIME, BUT THIS WAS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY BEFORE, WILLOW:

But it's normal to not out your role/abilities/lack of abilities on the thread until you're about to be lynched. If anything, haxx outed himself a little too early. He had some lynch votes then, but could have told us a little (like "it's due to a posting/voting restriction, I'll role reveal if you need me to") without immediately telling us his entire role.
THAT WAS ONE OF THE REASONS I WAS VOTING TO LYNCH HAXX ORIGINALLY, I THOUGHT IT WAS ODD TO TELL US EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE. IT JUST MADE HIM SEEM UNUSUALLY DEFENSIVE.

I know that Jayna is not what she claims and is trying to trick us into believing she is innocent. Since I'm sure I'm dead either way, since the wolves know I'm onto them, I'll role reveal. I'm a pig that can investigate players once a night by wallowing in the mud. Last night I investigated Jayna and she was discovered to be a bear (AKA a wolf). I hope all the villagers realize I'm telling the truth and lynch Jayna, so that my death isn't in vain. :(
1388244719973.gif

Reactions: 1 users
OOPS SORRY, I MEANT TO RESPOND TO THIS QUOTE AND THEN I SAW ALL THE NEW POSTS ABOUT JAYNA AND LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT. IT'S NOT RELEVANT NOW BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE WE FINALLY HAVE ONE OF THE WOLVES FOR SURE THIS TIME, BUT THIS WAS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY BEFORE, WILLOW:

THAT WAS ONE OF THE REASONS I WAS VOTING TO LYNCH HAXX ORIGINALLY, I THOUGHT IT WAS ODD TO TELL US EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE. IT JUST MADE HIM SEEM UNUSUALLY DEFENSIVE.
So guyz, lynch jayna now den lynch epivet if she/he was lying and den haxx? Yes?
edward_scissorhands_yes.gif

Holy crap so much is happening

I agree 100%. Really a freaking cat fish vs a pig?

Also some people were lynching based on totally random number generators.... This is the most solid thing so far.

I haven't counted but I'm guessing jayna is in the majority so far so I can

Lynch Jayna

So where was everyone else all day? Why the sudden bandwagon? Why was no one else asking questions?

Yep that was a little suspicious. I'm not sure if it's a newbie villager mistake, or a wolf strategy. A few other people have role revealed pretty easily, so maybe it's just our beginner group that doesn't hold info back very much.

Lynch Vote

kittyy 2
(BI,,, Jayna)
Jayna 10 (remi, epipen, MJ, willlow, WC, Ash, Mags, GI, Hax, Rww)
sandcat 1 (crystal,)
mags 0 ()

uncast votes: 4

waffle-o-meter: 5

Lynch deadline 5:15pm EST

This was worth checking in for…

I like this logic. We will get a wolf either way, and we would potentially lose much more if we lynched epivet

I like this logic. We will get a wolf either way, and we would potentially lose much more if we lynched epivet

Thank you! I'm trying to use some logic here, albeit I don't know how good a job I'm doing. But we are so close to a victory! Hopefully if I go tonight, then ES can give some new intel if she is another seer.

We could use a little more info.
Please don't bandwagon (except for the sheep who have no choice).

It doesn't really matter if we bandwagon. If new information comes out, we can always waffle. Besides, this whole jayna thing is the closest thing to logical anyone's been able to come up with today.

lynch jayna

It doesn't really matter if we bandwagon. If new information comes out, we can always waffle. Besides, this whole jayna thing is the closest thing to logical anyone's been able to come up with today.

lynch jayna
Why bandwagon now when you can wait? Remember you force two people to vote when you bandwagon, and then more people vote because it's the majority. Waffling may come in too late.

So where was everyone else all day? Why the sudden bandwagon? Why was no one else asking questions?

Like I said before guyz, this week = 8 exams. My focus is da noggin and those crazy hormones this week. 2 more exams tomorrow!

Can I just reiterate my pint that I made previously for future lynches after this one? It makes MUCH more sense to lynch kittyy before me, because if this comes down to the end game, and BI and kittyy are still alive, BI HAS to vote for kitty, no matter the evidence. Freeing up that vote will be very important, mark my words. If there is no concrete evidence, vote for her first, and if she comes up clean, feel free to kill me next. Just something to think about for the future.

Why bandwagon now when you can wait? Remember you force two people to vote when you bandwagon, and then more people vote because it's the majority. Waffling may come in too late.
Why have you NOT voted yet? Hmm?

Sand_cat, I'm curious as to why you're so defensive of Jayna. It's tough to argue that I'm lying about this. It wouldn't make sense for me to reveal myself now if I wasn't certain of her being a wolf. It puts a target on me. And it also wouldn't make much sense to sacrifice another wolf if I do end up being a wolf...which we'll see in good time I'm not.

I can't answer for anyone else, but I simply didn't want to wake up this morning (late night studying + not feeling well = very tired willow).

It does make me a little suspicious when it's too easy to get a bandwagon going, though. This time, I'm hoping it's because jayna is really a wolf, so the other wolves won't want to stand out by defending a seered wolf too much. But for other lynch votes, maybe we should take a look at how easy it is to get someone lynched, and look at who is/isn't voting for them. If people we suspect are wolfy are avoiding voting for someone, then maybe we're on the right track. If the only people not voting for our bandwagon are people we're pretty sure are villagers, and it's too easy to get the bandwagon going, then maybe we're lynching a villager. Our first two villager lynches were a little to unanimous.

We still have time, and no one else is proposing anything that makes more sense. If they'd be willing to wait to lynch someone, they have plenty of time to waffle as well. It seems suspicious to me that you're asking people to not vote for the only decent lead we currently have. Besides, waffling keeps the mods entertained.

Sand_cat, I'm curious as to why you're so defensive of Jayna. It's tough to argue that I'm lying about this. It wouldn't make sense for me to reveal myself now if I wasn't certain of her being a wolf. It puts a target on me. And it also wouldn't make much sense to sacrifice another wolf if I do end up being a wolf...which we'll see in good time I'm not.

If Jayna was a villager, it still wouldn't make sense for epivet to target her with a fake seer result. From the wolves point of view, getting 1 villager lynched is not worth losing a wolf the next night, because there are way more villagers than wolves. And we're pretty bad at finding wolves so far, so if epivet was a wolf, she would probably not need such concrete evidence like a seer result to get us to lynch a villager. Jayna wasn't getting close to finding a wolf, as far as I can tell, so why would the wolves risk so much to get her lynched? So, I think epivet is telling the truth.

I've gotta run out to the pharmacy real quick. Be back soon. I also REALLY should be doing some school work but my goodness this is getting so juicy.

**Lynch jayna**

I'm still reading and trying to remember some notes I wanted to make.
1) Why am I still alive?
2) I'm pretty sure the goat is evil
3) When I learned that some of us had blocking abilities, I kind of figured the wolves had them as well. Since all the heat was on Kitty, I just assumed they would protect her despite if she's guilty or not (because if I find her being blocked I'm going to assume her guilt) so I decided to investigate Haxx WHO IS ALSO A SHEEP. So either one is a mamma sheep, daddy sheep and poor gella was their baby or one of them is a wolf.
4) There have been previous games with seers/investigators. Pig does seem more believable than catfish, so I'm going to go with pig. As well as you're sentencing yourself to death once you out your useful ability. I would know. It's not something you say all willynilly.
5)Why does BI vouch for jayna? Is it a possibility that the wolves converted her AFTER I checked her out?
6) What the heck is up with sand_cat? Does no one else find this odd?
7) WORK SUCKS AND IS KEEPING ME FROM BEING IN THE LOOP

Lynch Vote

kittyy 2
(BI,,, Jayna)
Jayna 12 (remi, epipen, MJ, willlow, WC, Ash, Mags, GI, Hax, Rww, bagle, evilS)
sandcat 1 (crystal,)
mags 0 ()

uncast votes: 2 ( @sand_cat @kittyy )

waffle-o-meter: 5

Lynch deadline 5:15pm EST

This was worth checking in for…

I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm dead either way (unless I get protected during the night, but who knows), so you're darn-tootin' I'm taking a wolf down with me.