-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WW 101 - SDN Farm - Beginner's WW game
Started by StartingoverVet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
And I am helping, obviously, because you were discovered as a wolf. My hunch paid off.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
*********

*********
*********
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought it made sense for epivet to choose jayna, because ES was going to seer one of the sheep and it wastes a seer to double-check the same person. And Jayna has been setting off some alarm bells, not just for epivet. Well, we can at least find out whether epivet is telling the truth. Sorry, epivet, but you haven't done anything super villager-y yet (nothing really wolfy either, you're on my "I have no idea" list), so I wouldn't mind getting a little proof.
Also, claiming a kind of unusual farm animal seems more wolfy than someone claiming a pig. I would be surprised if we didn't have a villager pig, so if epivet was a wolf, someone could call out her lie pretty easily. A catfish is believable as a farm animal, but less likely to already be taken.
Also, claiming a kind of unusual farm animal seems more wolfy than someone claiming a pig. I would be surprised if we didn't have a villager pig, so if epivet was a wolf, someone could call out her lie pretty easily. A catfish is believable as a farm animal, but less likely to already be taken.
Do elaborate.And I am helping, obviously, because you were discovered as a wolf. My hunch paid off.
If you were a villager seer, why in the world wouldn't you seer the other player claiming to be the villager seer (ES?). I find it very convenient that you chose to seer a random person like me instead of someone EVERYONE was skeptical of like ES or Kittyy or Haxx. Surely a villager seer would be helping the villagers out more and not doing their own thing.
Based on previous threads I've skimmed through, there can be more than one villager seer. (Such as one that just sees abilities, one that sees roles and affiliations etc.).
I have to go to class and won't be back on before the lynch close. You are making a mistake believing epivet.
If epivet is right though, that puts you on the suspect list. Why go out of her way to make such a claim and kill a villager if she would certainly get lynched afterward? And why defend jayna when we could just hang then both to sort the mess out?I thought it made sense for epivet to choose jayna, because ES was going to seer one of the sheep and it wastes a seer to double-check the same person. And Jayna has been setting off some alarm bells, not just for epivet. Well, we can at least find out whether epivet is telling the truth. Sorry, epivet, but you haven't done anything super villager-y yet (nothing really wolfy either, you're on my "I have no idea" list), so I wouldn't mind getting a little proof.
Also, claiming a kind of unusual farm animal seems more wolfy than someone claiming a pig. I would be surprised if we didn't have a villager pig, so if epivet was a wolf, someone could call out her lie pretty easily. A catfish is believable as a farm animal, but less likely to already be taken.
I am earning my paycheck today. I am covered in bodily fluids.
I'm trying to catch up on everyhting but I have a lot to read and not sure how much time to do it in
I'm trying to catch up on everyhting but I have a lot to read and not sure how much time to do it in
Do elaborate.
There's not much more to it. I had a hunch, a gut instinct and I went with it. It just happened to pay off. If I'm lying, and lynching Jayna reveals she really is a "catfish," then it'll be obvious I'm a wolf. One way or another, a wolf will be killed. However, since I'm telling the truth about being a seer, if I live, I can investigate one more person. And that's dangerous news for the wolves.
Unlynch kittyy lynch jayna. If jayna is a villager, we can lynch epi next. Jayna's claimed ability isn't useful anymore anyway. Either one of the seers is not what they say they are, or we have two seers to help us since we're such noobs. But I am suspicious that the answer is not generous mods..... 😉
Um, I just said I think Jayna is most likely a wolf. It's another situation like the sheep, where one of them has to be a wolf for this to make sense. Someone is lying, so a lynch will tell us who. I think epi is most believable right now, but I'm hesitant to 100% trust someone right now. I'm not defending jayna any more than other people are by saying that there's a chance epi is lying, but that we will find that out by lynching jayna.If epivet is right though, that puts you on the suspect list. Why go out of her way to make such a claim and kill a villager if she would certainly get lynched afterward? And why defend jayna when we could just hang then both to sort the mess out?
![]()
Have you looked into anyone else on your previous nights? Who did you investigate each night, and what did you learn? Did you find any other wolves?There's not much more to it. I had a hunch, a gut instinct and I went with it. It just happened to pay off. If I'm lying, and lynching Jayna reveals she really is a "catfish," then it'll be obvious I'm a wolf. One way or another, a wolf will be killed. However, since I'm telling the truth about being a seer, if I live, I can investigate one more person. And that's dangerous news for the wolves.
Also, I've been checking b/w classes, so I can't go back on thread and check to verify. Didn't BI confirm that Jayna was a catfish?
ahem @brightimpressio, do confirm for me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, did ES find out anything new about our sheep problem last night?
But it's normal to not out your role/abilities/lack of abilities on the thread until you're about to be lynched. If anything, haxx outed himself a little too early. He had some lynch votes then, but could have told us a little (like "it's due to a posting/voting restriction, I'll role reveal if you need me to") without immediately telling us his entire role.
WELL IF THAT ISN'T A GOOD REASON THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.... UNLYNCH HAXX, LYNCH JAYNA. UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE HAS THE ROLE OF BEING THE PIG?I know that Jayna is not what she claims and is trying to trick us into believing she is innocent. Since I'm sure I'm dead either way, since the wolves know I'm onto them, I'll role reveal. I'm a pig that can investigate players once a night by wallowing in the mud. Last night I investigated Jayna and she was discovered to be a bear (AKA a wolf). I hope all the villagers realize I'm telling the truth and lynch Jayna, so that my death isn't in vain. 🙁
I've investigated other players, yes, most of them too late to save. When I did know, I tried to steer the vote away from that player. It's not my place to reveal the roles of other people, but I can say Jayna is the first and only wolf I've found. Also, the only reason I've decided to out myself now is I'm sure I'm already targeted because I KNOW Jayna is a wolf. If I can't convince y'all tonight and I die, then you'll see I was telling the truth. Either way, we take a win, even if it means sacrificing myself.
D
deleted498041
lynch jayna. I dunno if it's da smartest thing but I tink dat epivet will lead us to safety
OOPS SORRY, I MEANT TO RESPOND TO THIS QUOTE AND THEN I SAW ALL THE NEW POSTS ABOUT JAYNA AND LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT. IT'S NOT RELEVANT NOW BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE WE FINALLY HAVE ONE OF THE WOLVES FOR SURE THIS TIME, BUT THIS WAS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY BEFORE, WILLOW:
THAT WAS ONE OF THE REASONS I WAS VOTING TO LYNCH HAXX ORIGINALLY, I THOUGHT IT WAS ODD TO TELL US EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE. IT JUST MADE HIM SEEM UNUSUALLY DEFENSIVE.But it's normal to not out your role/abilities/lack of abilities on the thread until you're about to be lynched. If anything, haxx outed himself a little too early. He had some lynch votes then, but could have told us a little (like "it's due to a posting/voting restriction, I'll role reveal if you need me to") without immediately telling us his entire role.
I know that Jayna is not what she claims and is trying to trick us into believing she is innocent. Since I'm sure I'm dead either way, since the wolves know I'm onto them, I'll role reveal. I'm a pig that can investigate players once a night by wallowing in the mud. Last night I investigated Jayna and she was discovered to be a bear (AKA a wolf). I hope all the villagers realize I'm telling the truth and lynch Jayna, so that my death isn't in vain. 🙁
We could use a little more info.I have reason to believe that Jayna was not a wolf at the beginning of the game.
Please don't bandwagon (except for the sheep who have no choice).
D
deleted498041
So guyz, lynch jayna now den lynch epivet if she/he was lying and den haxx? Yes?OOPS SORRY, I MEANT TO RESPOND TO THIS QUOTE AND THEN I SAW ALL THE NEW POSTS ABOUT JAYNA AND LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT. IT'S NOT RELEVANT NOW BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE WE FINALLY HAVE ONE OF THE WOLVES FOR SURE THIS TIME, BUT THIS WAS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY BEFORE, WILLOW:
THAT WAS ONE OF THE REASONS I WAS VOTING TO LYNCH HAXX ORIGINALLY, I THOUGHT IT WAS ODD TO TELL US EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE. IT JUST MADE HIM SEEM UNUSUALLY DEFENSIVE.
I thought it made sense for epivet to choose jayna, because ES was going to seer one of the sheep and it wastes a seer to double-check the same person. And Jayna has been setting off some alarm bells, not just for epivet. Well, we can at least find out whether epivet is telling the truth. Sorry, epivet, but you haven't done anything super villager-y yet (nothing really wolfy either, you're on my "I have no idea" list), so I wouldn't mind getting a little proof.
Also, claiming a kind of unusual farm animal seems more wolfy than someone claiming a pig. I would be surprised if we didn't have a villager pig, so if epivet was a wolf, someone could call out her lie pretty easily. A catfish is believable as a farm animal, but less likely to already be taken.
Holy crap so much is happening
I agree 100%. Really a freaking cat fish vs a pig?
Also some people were lynching based on totally random number generators.... This is the most solid thing so far.
I haven't counted but I'm guessing jayna is in the majority so far so I can
Lynch Jayna
So guyz, lynch jayna now den lynch epivet if she/he was lying and den haxx? Yes?
![]()
Yep that was a little suspicious. I'm not sure if it's a newbie villager mistake, or a wolf strategy. A few other people have role revealed pretty easily, so maybe it's just our beginner group that doesn't hold info back very much.OOPS SORRY, I MEANT TO RESPOND TO THIS QUOTE AND THEN I SAW ALL THE NEW POSTS ABOUT JAYNA AND LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT. IT'S NOT RELEVANT NOW BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE WE FINALLY HAVE ONE OF THE WOLVES FOR SURE THIS TIME, BUT THIS WAS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY BEFORE, WILLOW:
THAT WAS ONE OF THE REASONS I WAS VOTING TO LYNCH HAXX ORIGINALLY, I THOUGHT IT WAS ODD TO TELL US EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE. IT JUST MADE HIM SEEM UNUSUALLY DEFENSIVE.
Lynch Vote
kittyy 2 (BI,,, Jayna)
Jayna 10 (remi, epipen, MJ, willlow, WC, Ash, Mags, GI, Hax, Rww)
sandcat 1 (crystal,)
mags 0 ()
uncast votes: 4
waffle-o-meter: 5
Lynch deadline 5:15pm EST
This was worth checking in for…
kittyy 2 (BI,,, Jayna)
Jayna 10 (remi, epipen, MJ, willlow, WC, Ash, Mags, GI, Hax, Rww)
sandcat 1 (crystal,)
mags 0 ()
uncast votes: 4
waffle-o-meter: 5
Lynch deadline 5:15pm EST
This was worth checking in for…
There's not much more to it. I had a hunch, a gut instinct and I went with it. It just happened to pay off. If I'm lying, and lynching Jayna reveals she really is a "catfish," then it'll be obvious I'm a wolf. One way or another, a wolf will be killed. However, since I'm telling the truth about being a seer, if I live, I can investigate one more person. And that's dangerous news for the wolves.
I like this logic. We will get a wolf either way, and we would potentially lose much more if we lynched epivet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was sleeping for most of the day. With me unconscious and WZ dead, the thread was pretty quiet.So where was everyone else all day? Why the sudden bandwagon? Why was no one else asking questions?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
*********
*********
*********
There's no time like the present.I was sleeping for most of the day. With me unconscious and WZ dead, the thread was pretty quiet.
I like this logic. We will get a wolf either way, and we would potentially lose much more if we lynched epivet
Thank you! I'm trying to use some logic here, albeit I don't know how good a job I'm doing. But we are so close to a victory! Hopefully if I go tonight, then ES can give some new intel if she is another seer.
We could use a little more info.
Please don't bandwagon (except for the sheep who have no choice).
It doesn't really matter if we bandwagon. If new information comes out, we can always waffle. Besides, this whole jayna thing is the closest thing to logical anyone's been able to come up with today.
lynch jayna
Lynch Vote
kittyy 2 (BI,,, Jayna)
Jayna 11 (remi, epipen, MJ, willlow, WC, Ash, Mags, GI, Hax, Rww, bagle)
sandcat 1 (crystal,)
mags 0 ()
uncast votes: 3 ( @sand_cat @kittyy @evilsquirrel )
waffle-o-meter: 5
Lynch deadline 5:15pm EST
This was worth checking in for…
kittyy 2 (BI,,, Jayna)
Jayna 11 (remi, epipen, MJ, willlow, WC, Ash, Mags, GI, Hax, Rww, bagle)
sandcat 1 (crystal,)
mags 0 ()
uncast votes: 3 ( @sand_cat @kittyy @evilsquirrel )
waffle-o-meter: 5
Lynch deadline 5:15pm EST
This was worth checking in for…
Why bandwagon now when you can wait? Remember you force two people to vote when you bandwagon, and then more people vote because it's the majority. Waffling may come in too late.It doesn't really matter if we bandwagon. If new information comes out, we can always waffle. Besides, this whole jayna thing is the closest thing to logical anyone's been able to come up with today.
lynch jayna
D
deleted498041
So where was everyone else all day? Why the sudden bandwagon? Why was no one else asking questions?
Like I said before guyz, this week = 8 exams. My focus is da noggin and those crazy hormones this week. 2 more exams tomorrow!
Can I just reiterate my pint that I made previously for future lynches after this one? It makes MUCH more sense to lynch kittyy before me, because if this comes down to the end game, and BI and kittyy are still alive, BI HAS to vote for kitty, no matter the evidence. Freeing up that vote will be very important, mark my words. If there is no concrete evidence, vote for her first, and if she comes up clean, feel free to kill me next. Just something to think about for the future.
Why have you NOT voted yet? Hmm?Why bandwagon now when you can wait? Remember you force two people to vote when you bandwagon, and then more people vote because it's the majority. Waffling may come in too late.
Sand_cat, I'm curious as to why you're so defensive of Jayna. It's tough to argue that I'm lying about this. It wouldn't make sense for me to reveal myself now if I wasn't certain of her being a wolf. It puts a target on me. And it also wouldn't make much sense to sacrifice another wolf if I do end up being a wolf...which we'll see in good time I'm not.
I can't answer for anyone else, but I simply didn't want to wake up this morning (late night studying + not feeling well = very tired willow).So where was everyone else all day? Why the sudden bandwagon? Why was no one else asking questions?
It does make me a little suspicious when it's too easy to get a bandwagon going, though. This time, I'm hoping it's because jayna is really a wolf, so the other wolves won't want to stand out by defending a seered wolf too much. But for other lynch votes, maybe we should take a look at how easy it is to get someone lynched, and look at who is/isn't voting for them. If people we suspect are wolfy are avoiding voting for someone, then maybe we're on the right track. If the only people not voting for our bandwagon are people we're pretty sure are villagers, and it's too easy to get the bandwagon going, then maybe we're lynching a villager. Our first two villager lynches were a little to unanimous.
Why bandwagon now when you can wait? Remember you force two people to vote when you bandwagon, and then more people vote because it's the majority. Waffling may come in too late.
We still have time, and no one else is proposing anything that makes more sense. If they'd be willing to wait to lynch someone, they have plenty of time to waffle as well. It seems suspicious to me that you're asking people to not vote for the only decent lead we currently have. Besides, waffling keeps the mods entertained.
Sand_cat, I'm curious as to why you're so defensive of Jayna. It's tough to argue that I'm lying about this. It wouldn't make sense for me to reveal myself now if I wasn't certain of her being a wolf. It puts a target on me. And it also wouldn't make much sense to sacrifice another wolf if I do end up being a wolf...which we'll see in good time I'm not.
If Jayna was a villager, it still wouldn't make sense for epivet to target her with a fake seer result. From the wolves point of view, getting 1 villager lynched is not worth losing a wolf the next night, because there are way more villagers than wolves. And we're pretty bad at finding wolves so far, so if epivet was a wolf, she would probably not need such concrete evidence like a seer result to get us to lynch a villager. Jayna wasn't getting close to finding a wolf, as far as I can tell, so why would the wolves risk so much to get her lynched? So, I think epivet is telling the truth.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
*******
I die and THEN you guys get the first solid lead all game?
********
I die and THEN you guys get the first solid lead all game?
********
**Lynch jayna**
I'm still reading and trying to remember some notes I wanted to make.
1) Why am I still alive?
2) I'm pretty sure the goat is evil
3) When I learned that some of us had blocking abilities, I kind of figured the wolves had them as well. Since all the heat was on Kitty, I just assumed they would protect her despite if she's guilty or not (because if I find her being blocked I'm going to assume her guilt) so I decided to investigate Haxx WHO IS ALSO A SHEEP. So either one is a mamma sheep, daddy sheep and poor gella was their baby or one of them is a wolf.
4) There have been previous games with seers/investigators. Pig does seem more believable than catfish, so I'm going to go with pig. As well as you're sentencing yourself to death once you out your useful ability. I would know. It's not something you say all willynilly.
5)Why does BI vouch for jayna? Is it a possibility that the wolves converted her AFTER I checked her out?
6) What the heck is up with sand_cat? Does no one else find this odd?
7) WORK SUCKS AND IS KEEPING ME FROM BEING IN THE LOOP
I'm still reading and trying to remember some notes I wanted to make.
1) Why am I still alive?
2) I'm pretty sure the goat is evil
3) When I learned that some of us had blocking abilities, I kind of figured the wolves had them as well. Since all the heat was on Kitty, I just assumed they would protect her despite if she's guilty or not (because if I find her being blocked I'm going to assume her guilt) so I decided to investigate Haxx WHO IS ALSO A SHEEP. So either one is a mamma sheep, daddy sheep and poor gella was their baby or one of them is a wolf.
4) There have been previous games with seers/investigators. Pig does seem more believable than catfish, so I'm going to go with pig. As well as you're sentencing yourself to death once you out your useful ability. I would know. It's not something you say all willynilly.
5)Why does BI vouch for jayna? Is it a possibility that the wolves converted her AFTER I checked her out?
6) What the heck is up with sand_cat? Does no one else find this odd?
7) WORK SUCKS AND IS KEEPING ME FROM BEING IN THE LOOP
Lynch Vote
kittyy 2 (BI,,, Jayna)
Jayna 12 (remi, epipen, MJ, willlow, WC, Ash, Mags, GI, Hax, Rww, bagle, evilS)
sandcat 1 (crystal,)
mags 0 ()
uncast votes: 2 ( @sand_cat @kittyy )
waffle-o-meter: 5
Lynch deadline 5:15pm EST
This was worth checking in for…
kittyy 2 (BI,,, Jayna)
Jayna 12 (remi, epipen, MJ, willlow, WC, Ash, Mags, GI, Hax, Rww, bagle, evilS)
sandcat 1 (crystal,)
mags 0 ()
uncast votes: 2 ( @sand_cat @kittyy )
waffle-o-meter: 5
Lynch deadline 5:15pm EST
This was worth checking in for…
I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm dead either way (unless I get protected during the night, but who knows), so you're darn-tootin' I'm taking a wolf down with me.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 32K