WW in Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At the time we didn't know that Coffee was a seer. He started the Dolphin train on D2 and implied very heavily, backed up by AM, that he KNEW Dolphin was a wolf and then flip flopped later, after he had started a lynch train on her. So why were we suddenly supposed to believe him that the second time was any different when he could just be the wolf who cried wolf? I didn't because Coffee, Mel, and AM were all in my top group of people that I thought were wolves, so I wasn't about to take him at his word, especially when AM comes on talking about "how strong their PM chain is". Sketch vibes everywhere. That's why we needed a Moose lynch, to confirm if he was full of crap or legit. Moose didn't go off the rails and vote for herself/confirm wolf until 6pm, so that's the earliest we legit had a confirmed wolf. Kata also didn't get on until much later. Idk if he was originally planning on waiting until night, but the way Moose was behaving made it sound like **** was going to go down for us lynching her, and if we had gone through with the lynch instead of taking the shot, we'd be down 3 villagers right now instead of 1. So yea, what happened sucked, but it turned out to be a better choice than letting the lynch happen and being down 2 more people than we are, and MJ may have been one of them anyway. So who knows.
**she

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It literally does not say that if we lynched her it would take out 3 villagers? There is no mechanic info.

The only people who would know those mechanics are other wolves.
It says triple kill ability and moose was gleefully saying stuff was going to happen with her lynch. Not that far a stretch to wonder if that meant she would have taken people with her. I don't actually think that is the case but I can understand the logic behind it at least.

Reactions: 1 user
My point is, Coffee? claimed seer at 1:49pm.
I am village seer

Kata came on after MOOSE had already bragged.
lynch moose

learn to wolf brag better.

So, why not take the shot then? Two hours isn't much better but it's at least a bit more time to discuss and pull something together.

It doesn't matter now, it's really just me monday morning quarterbacking because being dead has been frustrating as hell.

It says triple kill ability and moose was gleefully saying stuff was going to happen with her lynch. Not that far a stretch to wonder if that meant she would have taken people with her. I don't actually think that is the case but I can understand the logic behind it at least.
Would really have preferred for stagg to explain the thought process himself

Triple kill does not = takes out three people when lynched, and I'm curious about Stagg coming up with an ability like that when he's been touting his limited knowledge of WW abilities all game long.

Not that far of a stretch but a huge leap in my opinion. I'm happy sitting where I'm at.

Would also like to know why @SnowshoeDog143 is ghosting though. Hey friend, you tryin to be sketchy?

I just have all these pent up feelings I couldn't get out with a posting restriction. Ya'll get to experience them now

@SARdoghandler , @WildZoo

BREAKING NEWS ALERT:
We bring you this announcement as a stray bolt of lightning hit
CU-Buffs-logo-generic-13255288_65654_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

@Miranda Senft -CU and a WOLF with a triple kill.
You have 1 hour to find a new lynch canidate.

Read the spoiler: WOLF WITH A TRIPLE KILL.

What the hell is would that mean other than she could kill 3 villagers at once? And why in the past day are you suddenly seeing me as sketch? Seriously

Has stagg ever defended themselves substantially or has it always been other people? Note to self for iso tomorrow. I do remember thinking they were very quiet for someone leading lynch for a bit there - especially when they were confirmed around

Members don't see this ad :)

What the hell is would that mean other than she could kill 3 villagers at once? And why in the past day are you suddenly seeing me as sketch? Seriously

I've been reading you as sketch since late D1. Don't remember if I wrote in on thread or just in my head, but it's not a new fad. And yes, kill 3 villagers at once. That does not necessarily mean take out 3 with her when she's lynched. That's a big assumption you made

Sure. Absolutely. Except...you said right now we'd be in a situation where we had lost three villagers. Not tomorrow morning. So where is your conclusion that she would have taken those three villagers out when lynched coming from?

Would really have preferred for stagg to explain the thought process himself

I said read the dam write-up. Pretty f'ing self explanatory given that Moose was gloating for 2 gd hours about how we'd all be sorry.

Triple kill does not = takes out three people when lynched, and I'm curious about Stagg coming up with an ability like that when he's been touting his limited knowledge of WW abilities all game long.

Then what the hell would it mean? What was your theory, because it seems really f'ing obvious to me.

No, actually, he didn't. And he didn't respond to my post where I asked how he reached that conclusion from the information we were given.

I responded 4 minutes later. I'm not sitting at my comp hitting refresh over and over. Sod off.

Sure. Absolutely. Except...you said right now we'd be in a situation where we had lost three villagers. Not tomorrow morning. So where is your conclusion that she would have taken those three villagers out when lynched coming from?

So she's going to get lynched, nothing will happen, then suddenly 3 people will be dead in a write-up 12 hours later? I didn't realize wolves got to kill people 12 hours after they were lynched. That makes no sense to me, but apparently neither does half the other **** that happens in this online version of mafia. Bite me.

I said read the dam write-up. Pretty f'ing self explanatory given that Moose was gloating for 2 gd hours about how we'd all be sorry.

Then what the hell would it mean? What was your theory, because it seems really f'ing obvious to me.

I responded 4 minutes later. I'm not sitting at my comp hitting refresh over and over. Sod off.
No, you hadn't directly responded to my post when I responded to dpmd. I had already quoted the information from the spoiler and asked how you reached the conclusion that we would, right now, be down three villagers. It was why I wasn't pleased that dpmd answered for you.

So she's going to get lynched, nothing will happen, then suddenly 3 people will be dead in a write-up 12 hours later? I didn't realize wolves got to kill people 12 hours after they were lynched. That makes no sense to me, but apparently neither does half the other **** that happens in this online version of mafia. Bite me.
Didn't you say you read the last game? Alpha wolf? Lynch avoidance? Are you starting to forget what information you're supposed to know vs what you actually know?

FWIW I was thrown off my first couple games too, but don't let one game frustrate you into not playing altogether (especially when you jumped in trial by fire). I hope you stick with us.

Reactions: 4 users
And I already told you, I don't bite ;)

Is it not plausible to you that maybe her ability was a one time triple night kill and she was just trying to scare us into unlynching her since she hadn't gotten to use it yet?

Reactions: 3 users
I'm actually not seeing anything where MOOSE really claimed something bad was going to happen if we lynched her, except that she would survive the lynch (hence the self vote). She was clearly lying about that, and I agree with allie that it looks like she was trying to get out of the lynch so that she could use her ability tonight. So I still think Stagg's assumption is a huge leap, and an interesting one for a new player to make when it isn't something that, as far as I remember, has happened in recent games.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh, and the aggressive tone screams wolf flipping their lid because they've slipped up. Been there, done that.
That is a pretty ****ty strategy. I would expect a wolf to have better control of their emotions especially there is something that puts them under the microscope

That is a pretty ****ty strategy. I would expect a wolf to have better control of their emotions especially there is something that puts them under the microscope
It's not strategy. It's legit emotion. Like I said, been there, you get pissed for playing a good game and throwing it away on a stupid slip up. I would never say that wolves are always in control of their emotions either, especially new wolves under pressure.

Plus, I don't understand how misinterpretting a dead wolf's role is sketchy now and not before. I think we've been over this with the discussion on chaos, and people seemed willing to let it go before yes?

I think the emotions are because this is the second time it is happening.

Plus, I don't understand how misinterpretting a dead wolf's role is sketchy now and not before. I think we've been over this with the discussion on chaos, and people seemed willing to let it go before yes?
There is a difference between misunderstanding what chaos is/how it works, and appearing to have extra knowledge of a dead wolf's role.

At the time we didn't know that Coffee was a seer. He started the Dolphin train on D2 and implied very heavily, backed up by AM, that he KNEW Dolphin was a wolf and then flip flopped later, after he had started a lynch train on her. So why were we suddenly supposed to believe him that the second time was any different when he could just be the wolf who cried wolf? I didn't because Coffee, Mel, and AM were all in my top group of people that I thought were wolves, so I wasn't about to take him at his word, especially when AM comes on talking about "how strong their PM chain is". Sketch vibes everywhere. That's why we needed a Moose lynch, to confirm if he was full of crap or legit. Moose didn't go off the rails and vote for herself/confirm wolf until 6pm, so that's the earliest we legit had a confirmed wolf. Kata also didn't get on until much later. Idk if he was originally planning on waiting until night, but the way Moose was behaving made it sound like **** was going to go down for us lynching her, and if we had gone through with the lynch instead of taking the shot, we'd be down 3 villagers right now instead of 1. So yea, what happened sucked, but it turned out to be a better choice than letting the lynch happen and being down 2 more people than we are, and MJ may have been one of them anyway. So who knows.
I be a she

Last edited:
No, you hadn't directly responded to my post when I responded to dpmd. I had already quoted the information from the spoiler and asked how you reached the conclusion that we would, right now, be down three villagers. It was why I wasn't pleased that dpmd answered for you.

Yea, when I walk away from my comp, I usually need more than a minute to respond to a post. Not my fault dpmd responded before I got a chance to. And to answer the bolded, I assumed that it would happen right away because I figured abilities that would be triggered by lynches would require immediate responses and not allow the wolf to listen to night chat (after they're freaking dead) to decide who she wanted to kill. That's just a stupid game set up.

So sorry I made an assumption you didn't like, but I'm trying to learn as I go and I don't exactly have a vet I can trust guiding me. It's why I was asking Mods questions in the PMs until Genny came on and was like "Oh, well that sounds so shady, like you're actually a wolf", so now I'm making apparently stupid assumptions because some of the questions I want to ask in thread would reveal stuff that would potentially screw myself and village over. Take it for what it's worth. Or have Coffee seer me and find out I'm a village noob trying to figure **** out. Or just lynch me again and realize you may have f'd up by lynching a villager who's basically been cleared. Your choice.

Didn't you say you read the last game? Alpha wolf? Lynch avoidance? Are you starting to forget what information you're supposed to know vs what you actually know?

Idk what you're implying, but it sounds stupid. I read the last game. Moose being alpha would have been stupid. If she was alpha why would she basically reveal herself as wolf and egg someone who could kill her on? There was also a one-shot in either Bake or Safari and she saw how wolves won even with people knowing Cray was Alpha. It would have been stupid. I figured she either had lynch avoidance, some form of blocking or one-time rez, or could kill someone who voted for her. Given the tone she was taking I assumed the worst which is why I asked Kata this in PM:

"What are you referring to with the bolded? I'm not following. (Kata's quote to me: Village has the chance to get rid of Moose and another person today, but do you think that there is enough time?, that was around 7:30 and he hadn't role revealed to me yet, which is why I asked what he was taking about)

There are some things Moose is saying that are concerning me. Moose needs to get lynched, but I'm wondering if there has ever been a power where if they pull enough votes they survive or gain the ability to kill some people who chose to lynch them? It seems extreme, but Moose lynching herself makes me a bit concerned that she may actually have an ability that requires her to lynch herself."

Then he role revealed. Idk what all the powers are, but one was samurai that allowed a person to kill someone who killed them or something like that? So I was speculating and turns out I wasn't far off.

There is a difference between misunderstanding what chaos is/how it works, and appearing to have extra knowledge of a dead wolf's role.
I think if the role did what he said, that would be indicated. Since it is not, I am believing this isn't how the role operates, and it is another case of misunderstanding.

I be a she

I know, sorry, my fingers are missing keys and I'm too lazy to spellcheck right now. Sorry to all for incorrect pronouns and crap like that, I'm just annoyed that I'm getting called out for the same crap (screwing up terminology, knowing too much terminology, looking shady when I try and learn terminology). If you think I'm sketch, fine. Pick a better freaking reason than terminology.

*****Also, don't forget your now Moose :)******

I think if the role did what he said, that would be indicated. Since it is not, I am believing this isn't how the role operates, and it is another case of misunderstanding.

Sure, it could be. Doesn't mean I can't ask the question because all we got was a brief statement of the ability, not the mechanics behind it. We don't actually know how the role worked. And I'm saying this because I have literally made the exact same slip as a wolf before. It happens when you know things you shouldn't.

Sure, it could be. Doesn't mean I can't ask the question because all we got was a brief statement of the ability, not the mechanics behind it. We don't actually know how the role worked. And I'm saying this because I have literally made the exact same slip as a wolf before. It happens when you know things you shouldn't.
Didn't that like just happen in Safari when you said something about lynching a villager ;P

Yea, when I walk away from my comp, I usually need more than a minute to respond to a post. Not my fault dpmd responded before I got a chance to. And to answer the bolded, I assumed that it would happen right away because I figured abilities that would be triggered by lynches would require immediate responses and not allow the wolf to listen to night chat (after they're freaking dead) to decide who she wanted to kill. That's just a stupid game set up.

So sorry I made an assumption you didn't like, but I'm trying to learn as I go and I don't exactly have a vet I can trust guiding me. It's why I was asking Mods questions in the PMs until Genny came on and was like "Oh, well that sounds so shady, like you're actually a wolf", so now I'm making apparently stupid assumptions because some of the questions I want to ask in thread would reveal stuff that would potentially screw myself and village over. Take it for what it's worth. Or have Coffee seer me and find out I'm a village noob trying to figure **** out. Or just lynch me again and realize you may have f'd up by lynching a villager who's basically been cleared. Your choice.

Idk what you're implying, but it sounds stupid. I read the last game. Moose being alpha would have been stupid. If she was alpha why would she basically reveal herself as wolf and egg someone who could kill her on? There was also a one-shot in either Bake or Safari and she saw how wolves won even with people knowing Cray was Alpha. It would have been stupid. I figured she either had lynch avoidance, some form of blocking or one-time rez, or could kill someone who voted for her. Given the tone she was taking I assumed the worst which is why I asked Kata this in PM:

"What are you referring to with the bolded? I'm not following. (Kata's quote to me: Village has the chance to get rid of Moose and another person today, but do you think that there is enough time?, that was around 7:30 and he hadn't role revealed to me yet, which is why I asked what he was taking about)

There are some things Moose is saying that are concerning me. Moose needs to get lynched, but I'm wondering if there has ever been a power where if they pull enough votes they survive or gain the ability to kill some people who chose to lynch them? It seems extreme, but Moose lynching herself makes me a bit concerned that she may actually have an ability that requires her to lynch herself."

Then he role revealed. Idk what all the powers are, but one was samurai that allowed a person to kill someone who killed them or something like that? So I was speculating and turns out I wasn't far off.
First I'll say - you haven't been cleared. If all we're going off is kata's vouch, she hasn't said whether you proved anything or not. That doesn't clear you.

Moving on from that, my whole point is that it is interesting to me that what came to your mind first was a more obscure explanation than her just trying to get people to jump off of her lynch so that she could kill three people tonight.

And I'm just interested in this newfound knowledge of scarcely used roles when a couple days ago you were confused about chaos and neutral.

Didn't that like just happen in Safari when you said something about lynching a villager ;P
That's exactly what I'm saying. Go back and look at how I defended myself there, and tell me the tone isn't similar lol

Edit: But that actually wasn't the game I was referring to in that post. There was another one (Sega maybe?) where I let slip some stuff that hadn't actually been said on the thread about a dead wolf.

I know, sorry, my fingers are missing keys and I'm too lazy to spellcheck right now. Sorry to all for incorrect pronouns and crap like that, I'm just annoyed that I'm getting called out for the same crap (screwing up terminology, knowing too much terminology, looking shady when I try and learn terminology). If you think I'm sketch, fine. Pick a better freaking reason than terminology.

*****Also, don't forget your now Moose :)******
Fixed!

Anyway I'm not sure I'll be lynching Stagg, because I still want to hear from kata and I'm not really sure that I believe MOOSE's role would have worked the way he stated. Always good to gauge reactions to questioning though.