WW in the Canadian WWilds - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

You guys really need some more action, here I'll help

tenor-1.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The real Hogwarts is in Scotland, but this shouldn't be a placeholder Hogwarts, that implies the real one will be here eventually

It was a placeholder because I'm a bad mod and forgot to add New Brunswick flair until just now

In my defense, most of the day was taken up by a photoshoot for Valla 😛
 
Sorry for missing out, guys. I don't have time to read through the posts before the deadline so I'll just post the list I came up with yesterday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Village
AM- I don't speak French but everything AM has said seems supportive of the village.
3m- Also has a village vibe based on everything I've read so far.
Mel-
Mayo-
Wondering-

Neutral
Jboo- Not completely sure on this one, but leaning village based on previous posts.
Moose- I think the confusion over voting was a wolfy diversion. Overall, Moose seems pretty village and supportive of the cause.
Flushy- I'm still not a fan of the weird tirade for 2-3 pages, but Flushy is still so-so in my mind. I'll give benefit of the doubt for village leaning.
Lawper- Nothing stands out to me as really wolfy. Seems like a good town chap.

Wolf Leaning
cubs- I was on the fence about cubs at first, but now I'm leaning wolfy. Voted for individuals on the first 2 nights and then joined the bandwagons on Alissa and Dolphin (same as Pippy so do we have a wolfy team?)
Pippy- Voted for Snowy the first 2 nights then never brought it up again. Also involved in bandwagons on Alissa and Dolphin (I never got any weird vibes from them so idk why they were targeted like a monkey on a cupcake- kinda wolfy imo).
 
I was called into emergencies so I couldn't finish. Anyways, I am village so use what I came up with to get the bad guys. Good luck!
 
Village
AM- I don't speak French but everything AM has said seems supportive of the village.
3m- Also has a village vibe based on everything I've read so far.
Mel-
Mayo-
Wondering-

Neutral
Jboo- Not completely sure on this one, but leaning village based on previous posts.
Moose- I think the confusion over voting was a wolfy diversion. Overall, Moose seems pretty village and supportive of the cause.
Flushy- I'm still not a fan of the weird tirade for 2-3 pages, but Flushy is still so-so in my mind. I'll give benefit of the doubt for village leaning.
Lawper- Nothing stands out to me as really wolfy. Seems like a good town chap.

Wolf Leaning
cubs- I was on the fence about cubs at first, but now I'm leaning wolfy. Voted for individuals on the first 2 nights and then joined the bandwagons on Alissa and Dolphin (same as Pippy so do we have a wolfy team?)
Pippy- Voted for Snowy the first 2 nights then never brought it up again. Also involved in bandwagons on Alissa and Dolphin (I never got any weird vibes from them so idk why they were targeted like a monkey on a cupcake- kinda wolfy imo).

Just what. Ugh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DAY 6 WRITEUP

After a couple of days where SAR didn't really know all that much about the provinces... Today brought a slight reprieve! This province, at least, she has been to in the past two years! Rolling over the border was a bit of a shock as everything suddenly transitioned back to English on the signs. As the bus rolled along, SAR gave everyone an overview of everything they'd be seeing today! She also kept trying to make the word of the day more obvious to see if anyone would tell it to the mods. Today it is Fundy. As one of the most interesting places we'll be visiting is the NB side of the Bay of Fundy!

But first, a stop in Fredericton, the capital city of this beautiful province! You will notice that many signs here have prominent English and French - that's because New Brunswick is the only Canadian province to be officially bilingual! In nearby Hartland, you'll also find the world's longest covered bridge. But, back to Fredericton! You will find more breweries, meaderies, and cidereies here per capita than anywhere else in Canada. Other large centers in New Brunswick include Moncton and Saint John. Saint John in particular is interesting as it is where you will find the "reversing falls". This is a phenomena where the river emptying into the Bay of Fundy will appear to flow backwards when the tide is coming in - you can even ride the wave right at the start of the tide turn! There is also a wonderful restored fort here from when the British owned the territory in the 1700s. This was a highly contested site as the harbour remains ice free all year. We also will have to make sure to stop in Shediac, home of the giant lobster!

A short drive from Saint John is where you'll find Fundy National Park and the globally recognized Hopewell Rocks. Fundy National Park is one of the smallest national parks in Canada at only 50,900 acres, but it contains eight of the most beautiful miles of shoreline along Canada's east coast. You can actually see the coast of Nova Scotia from here too! This entire coast is affected by crazy tides that change the sea level by up to ~30ft at each tidal maximum. Fundy National Park takes this to an extreme as at high tide there is 50ft of water on the coastline, but at low tide you can walk the sea floor. It also holds 25 waterfalls, the most photographed of which is Dickson falls. Hopewell Rocks is one of the most popular places to watch this tidal change as the dramatic worn rock formations give everything a sense of drama! Every hour the tide can rise or drop 4-6 feet. You have to be careful how far you walk from the stairs as you may get your feet wet racing the way back! And that's only a drop in the bucket of what New Brunswick has to offer!

It was a long and full day of adventure, that's for sure! Unfortunately, some people just didn't take the dangerous tides seriously and got caught in a cove. The tide swept them away!

Dead is @Zeppelyn , who was Poutine... mmm..., a villager who choose to commute every other night

Please enjoy these images of New Brunswick

Fredericton:

City_of_Fredericton2013.ashx


Saint John:

Hero-1-en-CA_9HQTNYYI-large.jpg

1eb257f5ab815b8fd09a9f517e52760f.jpg

(reversing falls)

Bay of Fundy:

FundyNatlPark_summer_04.ashx

shutterstock-1042290826.jpg

60577781_10157253933545522_5169928185181110272_o.jpg



12 players still on board
Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @PippyPony
6. kras --> @Barkley13
7. @SnowshoeDog143
9. BigCats -> @Lawper
11. @jenjen2020
12. @cubsrule4e
13. @Melchizedek
15. @holdthemayo
16. @Miranda Senft
17. @WonderingStudent


Left behind in the beauty of Canada:
Sporty -
Stompin' Tom - Night Writer
MsP - Tim Horton's - Nexus
Ferny - Microphone Taped to A Hockey Stick
genny - Bob McKenzie
Alissa - Hockey Enforcer
Dolph - Linda
FTF - Mr. Dressup
jboo - Wexit
Zeppy - Poutine


IT IS NOW N6 - SUBMIT ACTIONS (INCLUDING INACTION) ASAP
Night close at 8am Canada time/10am EST​