WW The Hunger Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why would you say not to pay attention to these weird musings. We've already established that players can be book characters. Katie8 is now blatantly quoting Haymitch. Do you have some reason we should just ignore these rumblings?

Haymitch carries a knife.

Members don't see this ad.

Has Sunnex been on at all this game?? Or have I just not recognized her since avatars are changing so much? :laugh:

Is this supposed to be a clue?

he reason I am still deciding to lynch Katie8 is because she is the only one giving us anything.

I don't think so. But I'm going based on how the last game was done where people were picked at random for the narrative. It could be totally different this time around though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has Sunnex been on at all this game?? Or have I just not recognized her since avatars are changing so much? :laugh:

I don't think I have either. I usually recognize her posts bc of her name for some reason... it always stands out to me.

I don't think so. But I'm going based on how the last game was done where people were picked at random for the narrative. It could be totally different this time around though.

Hrrmmm...

She hasn't posted at all in this thread. Only her group can say if she's been communicating for sure though.

Haymitch carries a knife.

I'm not sure if you meant to quote me with this post. I was asking orca2011 if there was a reason we should discount what Katie8 was saying and you responded with Haymitch has a knife. While Haymitch is quite handy with a knife he's also a good guy.

Maybe Haymitch can protect once a night with his knife? Maybe that's why only one tribute died last night?

I feel like I'm going out on a limb but I think we're on to something.

Maybe Haymitch can protect once a night with his knife? Maybe that's why only one tribute died last night?

I feel like I'm going out on a limb but I think we're on to something.

Yes, like fight off an attack! Haymitch gives the tributes different items during the Hunger Games. Maybe his role has something to do with giving other players stuff.

OR.
The wolves are trying to distract us with tons of quotes and trying to confuse us.

I'm not sure if you meant to quote me with this post. I was asking orca2011 if there was a reason we should discount what Katie8 was saying and you responded with Haymitch has a knife. While Haymitch is quite handy with a knife he's also a good guy.

And wouldn't that be kind of obvious? I know in the Disney game, the players weren't even themselves lol (Jafar ended up being Ursila, etc), so I don't know that a moderator would make it that easy (giving a character the appropriate "weapon") ?

Lynch Orca2011. Nothing solid to go on, just suspicious of how you posted in the thread yesterday and didn't vote then seemed to want to throw katie8 under the bus. I was suspicious of katie8 before but now I think she might be someone important (haven't read the books so really don't know what haymich can do for us, but sounds important) and the last thing we want to do is take out an important tribute.

I haven't heard from Nyanko since 1:15ish central today. :confused:

Are we sure that she is Haymitch to begin with? I didn't read the books so I don't even know what it means lol.

I don't think the wolves are just trying to confuse us. Wouldn't they want to fly under the radar instead of bring attention to themselves?

And wouldn't that be kind of obvious? I know in the Disney game, the players weren't even themselves lol (Jafar ended up being Ursila, etc), so I don't know that a moderator would make it that easy (giving a character the appropriate "weapon") ?

I understand what you're saying. When CFC died she didn't have any items even though Peeta wasn't unhandy. I wasn't the one to originally suggest that Haymitch had a knife. That was Libster. I was curious why she said that in response to my particular post.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a date. That explains my absence for the last two hours, haha. I am BACK. Have to get caught up again. Urgh.

Lynch Orca2011. Nothing solid to go on, just suspicious of how you posted in the thread yesterday and didn't vote then seemed to want to throw katie8 under the bus. I was suspicious of katie8 before but now I think she might be someone important (haven't read the books so really don't know what haymich can do for us, but sounds important) and the last thing we want to do is take out an important tribute.

Haymitch was never a tribute during the times the book is telling the story. So he might be important, but wouldn't actually be a tribute. He would be an outside person like in the books. Maybe that'll help?

When did I try to throw Katie8 under the bus????? And as I said earlier, I leave SDN up practically all day. I do have a life and walk away from the computer every now and then. By the time I was actually going to vote, the voting was closed. And I believe I even said that I was going to wait a little bit because I didn't really have any evidence to go on.

Rubbing alcohol - so cheap they don't even bother advertising it as the next best thing to rum

Rubbing alcohol - so cheap they don't even bother advertising it as the next best thing to rum
Me thinks Katie8 has a bottle of rum which makes the holder drunk and can only ramble.

I understand what you're saying. When CFC died she didn't have any items even though Peeta wasn't unhandy. I wasn't the one to originally suggest that Haymitch had a knife. That was Libster. I was curious why she said that in response to my particular post.

I guess I misquoted... the reason I threw in the Haymitch knife bit was to point out he carries a knife for protection at night. He's also very, very skilled with it. I'm pretty clueless at this point I was just trying to think out loud and maybe spark a clue or something.

Yes, like fight off an attack! Haymitch gives the tributes different items during the Hunger Games. Maybe his role has something to do with giving other players stuff.

OR.
The wolves are trying to distract us with tons of quotes and trying to confuse us.

Maaaybe Haymitch can talk to the sponsors to give us items....

I agree that Katie8 shouldn't be lynched quite just yet.

I'm going out for a couple of hours--don't lynch me! Lol.

Libster you are back and speaking normally!! Can you tell us what happened to you? Trackerjacker stings??

I'd venture to say it makes them speak gibberish also.

Ok so if the suspicion of Katie8 is that she is merely a drunk :laugh:, do we still want to vote her, or think of someone else?

Ok so if the suspicion of Katie8 is that she is merely a drunk :laugh:, do we still want to vote her, or think of someone else?

This is what I'm asking asa well... just because she's [clearly] a lush, does that make her an impossible wolf candidate??

I am up for ideas before I run to the store.

Are we allowed to tell? I didn't know if that was allowed.

Unless you were told specifically that you can't discuss what happened you should be fine to say it. It might help Katie8 out. I don't think you can copy and paste private messages though.

Unless Dyachei told you not to, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

I was given the rum bottle, but I was not named as Haymitch. I lost the rum bottle soon after I let on how inebriated I was, trying to explain in riddles why I'd been inactive that day.

Okay... so we know about the run now. What about possibilities for wolves, any new ideas?

What time do we have until? Is it 40 more minutes?

I've never read hunger games so I am a little out of the loop. This rum that is being discussed, is it actually a power or are you guys joking? I'm trying to get caught up reading the posts, but not having knowledge of the books is making it difficult.

lynch orcagirl. She wanted to dismiss the ramblings pretty quickly when it seems pretty clear they're meaningful. Plus, I'm off to bed and need to vote, so there you have it.

I think you're thinking of Orca2011, not orcagirl.

I've never read hunger games so I am a little out of the loop. This rum that is being discussed, is it actually a power or are you guys joking? I'm trying to get caught up reading the posts, but not having knowledge of the books is making it difficult.

http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/The_Games
I haven't read the book yet either, but this site was helpful.

I wouldn't call it a power, but it's definitely real.

Random lynch vote again for me...lynch alaskandream