WW The Hunger Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't know how you were doing two!! Impressive
The second one wasn't supposed to start until next week. This game started and then they decided to start the other one this morning. I got killed during the first night cycle but took a wolf down with me.

Members don't see this ad.

and dyachei is playing in it while modding this one so that is way more impressive!

So annoyed I don't have the time to play along with this one; but feel the need to comment due to the :eek: factor...

You've killed off an entire district already?!? District 2, my sympathies...

And nordicat - LOVE the avatar! :thumbup:

Carry on!

Members don't see this ad :)
Extremely impressed noob, modding and playing at once. Might have to go and "watch" that game. Lissarae - at least you went down fighting!

Gosh, I don't know if I should be saying this, but I want to help whoever has it now...
I have become aware of an item (found and lost). I had the bow and arrow last night. My only instructions were to "use it wisely". I thought maybe it was like a killer function? Any thoughts?

I didn't want this to be missed. I'm gonna be gone for a couple of hours (lunch and a show). I just didn't want to die overnight and have this overlooked.

I didn't want this to be missed. I'm gonna be gone for a couple of hours (lunch and a show). I just didn't want to die overnight and have this overlooked.
I must have missed that earlier. I bet it has a kill function. I hope a tribute ended up with it.

I missed that as well. I agree that it sounds like it would be a killer item.

Wow, that went fast! I'm sorry I wasn't ever able to switch my vote but I guess it's just as well since StormWater ended up being a tribute. That is truly an example of a killer typo.

Anyway, I'm about to head back home from the cabin so I should have easier access to a computer from now on! No more having to worry about how to bold on my phone :p

The tributes awake, not eagerly, but anxiously, to face yet another day in the arena. They eye each other before heading out to find another day's food and water. It isn't long before orca2011 yells out. She has stumbled over the body of CFC, Peeta Mellark. It looks like his throat has been slit.

In a clearing a little further along, a knife is found in the ground, dripping with blood.

District 1
1:bbeventer
2: BlackDog618
3: Kanariya

District 2
1:fromthebox
2:TigerWillow
3: StormWater

District 3
1: Lissarae06
2: SOV
3: Krist

District 4
1: Emiloo4
2: nyanko
3: Nordicat

District 5
1:Katie8
2: Orca2011
3: Alaskandream

District 6
1: CorporateFatCat - Peeta Mellark
2: cuitlamiztli
3: Fireflysushi

District 7
1: Sheepdogpsu
2: jjohnston
3: Packen

District 8
1: bandierose
2: sunnex3
3: that redhead

District 9
1: Hedgiehog
2: Squirrelsrule
3: ky261682

District 10
1: DVMDream
2:kanderson615
3:shortnsweet

District 11
1: Libster06
2: NStarz
3: devyn

District 12
1: PetPony
2. Trematode

31 players remain

It is now day. Lynch votes should be in by 9 pm eastern time or if there is 1 player with 15 votes.

Last edited:
Peeta! :( So sorry, CFC...we'll find out who had that knife!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm what does CFC as peeta mean? Ie what was his special role? In the book, peeta was really good at camouflage? That's my only idea.

Boo. Thanks for making sure we saw what you wrote about the bow and arrow CFC. Sorry you died :(

Wow, that's awful! :(

I wonder what the significance of Peeta is? Special powers that aren't passed on to others when lost? I assume they would stay with CFC the whole game and not go on since Peeta is a character and not an item.

Also, there was only one death. I wonder if that's important?

Hmm what does CFC as peeta mean? Ie what was his special role? In the book, peeta was really good at camouflage? That's my only idea.

Hmm, thats a good thought. I wonder if there is anything to it?

Boo. Thanks for making sure we saw what you wrote about the bow and arrow CFC. Sorry you died :(

Yes that you CFC, sorry you are no longer with us :(

Maybe one of the tributes the first night died trying to protect the other? I don't know...it didn't say anything special (like having an item/role) for either of them. I don't know if there are 2 wolf packs again, or maybe someone got converted last night...:confused:

So many possibilities!

Hmm, thats a good thought. I wonder if there is anything to it?

No idea...it could mean that he was good at hiding/avoiding investigation? Although obviously not that good at it because he was still killed! And yes interesting that there is only one death...wondering if anyone out there is injured from a failed attack perhaps?

Okay, so for items we know that there are at least the knife and the bow and arrow. Does anyone remember other specific weapons from the book, so we have a better idea of what's out there? Not sure how useful that would be though.

The question is whether CFC was targeted randomly, because of the bow and arrow, or because the attacker knew that she was Peeta.

Probably. To me that suggests either protective items/roles are out there, or that only one of the deaths the first night was from a wolf attack while the other was an item-related death. Or I guess conversion or injury could also account for it...

No idea...it could mean that he was good at hiding/avoiding investigation? Although obviously not that good at it because he was still killed! And yes interesting that there is only one death...wondering if anyone out there is injured from a failed attack perhaps?

He was also a very good liar. He was an honorable liar, doing it to protect his loved ones, but a liar nonetheless.

Just throwing that out there. Not that CFC lied in anyway before...

So I don't know if this is significant, but in the other lynches , dyachei said "the tribute, so and so" (as in other games), but this time she simply said Peeta. I know Peeta is a tribute in the books anyways, but do you think that means something...the lack of wording?

My trusty random number generator says to
lynch thatredhead

If anyone has credible info, I can be persuaded to change my vote.

It is now day. Lynch votes should be in by 9 pm eastern time or if there is 1 player with 15 votes.
Ok, there is a clue here that one person is silenced. With 31 players, a plurality would be 16 not 15 votes. I did the same thing as mod. I adjusted the numbers to account for silenced players.

Therefore I conclude that a tribute must have rebuffed a wolf attack and there are 2 attacks a night.

I have no idea what to do with this information.

I have to have dinner and stuff so I am throwing a lynch vote out there.

lynch ky132484 (whatever numbers)

My reasoning is lousy. I have no idea who a wolf is. Ky has posted just enough not to arouse suspicion, but is neither active nor inactive. That is wolfish behavior to me. Many others meet that characteristic, but also a noob so not as likely to be an expert on the game.

That's it.
Good luck tributes. I will be back later tonight.

Has anyone heard from Bandierose at all since her mayor vote on Day 1?

Ok, there is a clue here that one person is silenced. With 31 players, a plurality would be 16 not 15 votes. I did the same thing as mod. I adjusted the numbers to account for silenced players.

Therefore I conclude that a tribute must have rebuffed a wolf attack and there are 2 attacks a night.

I have no idea what to do with this information.

Deeeeed good work! :thumbup:

I notice emiloo keeps popping on & off the thread, and I'm waiting for a PM from her...worried she got hurt!!!!

I got nothing. Lol.

Ok, I told Emiloo if I didn't hear back from her by 5:30, I was going to post my suspicions on the thread!

Em had an investigative item that allowed her to investigate twice. She checked DVMD, who seems to be a tribute. Then she was going to check one of our group, either me or Nyanko. I'm a tribute, and Nyanko said she is as well.

I'm worried Em got silenced because Nyanko is a wolf and was worried she'd get found out! This is my suspicion for now!!! :scared:

And now it's dinner time, so I won't be back for a bit.

AAAGH just got Em's PM! She's fine (and so am I :laugh:). Off to dinner I go.

Ok, I told Emiloo if I didn't hear back from her by 5:30, I was going to post my suspicions on the thread!

Em had an investigative item that allowed her to investigate twice. She checked DVMD, who seems to be a tribute. Then she was going to check one of our group, either me or Nyanko. I'm a tribute, and Nyanko said she is as well.

I'm worried Em got silenced because Nyanko is a wolf and was worried she'd get found out! This is my suspicion for now!!! :scared:
Not cool to out her like that, especially if she still has the item. You just made her prime wolf bait.

Okay, so for items we know that there are at least the knife and the bow and arrow. Does anyone remember other specific weapons from the book, so we have a better idea of what's out there? Not sure how useful that would be though.

There were spears, but that is the only other weapon I can think of - not sure if it's really helpful.

In past games, I saw that people who helped protect someone from an attack were also silenced...if that is how it works now, and someone prevented a full kill, then could both the injured person and the protector be silenced?

Ah! I just PMd you as you were writing this I guess.. I am fine, I investigated, but wasn't silenced. I was on the thread bc my 90 year old grandma was talking my ear off while I tried to catch up with all that's been going on here, but didn't write Nordicat back until I hung up with my Gma. Sorry for the confusion everyone!

Back from the pub with my dad.:)

Looks like from SOV's past mod experience we may have had 2 wolf attacks and one failed - so we have an injured player or perhaps a player silenced for using a protective ability. Ugh. Looks like we are dealing with a lot of wolves. :(

I have no clue who to vote to maul & since I will have to head to bed soon I am going to throw out a random number generator vote now. And then if I am up and able to change it I will.

Maul Nyanko

As this is completely random - I will change my vote if I am awake and better info comes my way.

And I lost the item after I used it :(
No more inspector gadget for me.

There are a lot of people that are not being very active, so I am going to pick randomly among them.....

Lynch Trematode

Ok...it is time for bed for this little UK based tribute. So i'm just gonna throw a vote out there as I have nothing else to go on.

Lynch Bandierose

I wonder if the items in this game are district specific, since each district has it's own specialty. Bow and arrow doesn't seem to fit many places and knife could fit into a bunch too. CFC had the bow and arrow but d6 is transportation (according to Wikipedia haha) so I don't see how that fits in. A knife could be from many different districts but I'm guessing they're randomly assigned. Hm.

I don't want to waste my vote on a randomly generated name. I'd like to hear what emiloos investigation turned up on Nyanko...