WWe Be Thankful Game Thread

Started by kaydubs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DAY 2

After a very quiet day where only one person placed a vote, suddenly the evening erupted with a flurry of activity involving discussions of anti-emetics, death in humans, and something else.

Oh. A TIE. :wtf:

Leave it in the hands of the mod or the RNG gods? (Just not the guests cause they can't be trusted).


Yeeted/Voted out of the dinner is @killerleaf , who was Roasted Butternut Squash, a vanillager.

honey-roasted-butternut-squash-cranberries-feta-recipe-thanksgiving-0245.jpg



It is now Night 2. Deadline is 10am Eastern (9am central/7am mountain/fantasy land) on Sunday, 11/29/2020.


10 dinner guests

Roster:


1. @Animal Midwife
2. @alissa14
3. @mmmdreamerz
4. @genny
7. @WildZoo
8. @SARdoghandler
10. @Doggo Labs
13. @Barkley13
14. @SportPonies
16. @WonderingStudent


UNINVITED PERMANENTLY
15. @Ms Procrastinator - Buttermilk Biscuits, vanillager
9. @Cyndia - Cornbread, vanillager
5. @killerleaf - Roasted Butternut Squash, vanillager


Subs
a. Lawpy
b. Lupin


~~~~**** Table of Contents ****~~~~​
 
NIGHT 2

The mod was just starting to drift off when she heard a loud noise. A gunshot?

No....or was it?


Permanently uninvited from the dinner is @Doggo Labs , who was Gravy, a village protector.

savory-herb-turkey-gravy-hero.jpg



The sun rose quite quickly on a sad sad sight. Two (!!!!) absent guests!!


Permanently uninvited from the dinner are @alissa14 , who was Stuffing, a vanillager, and @Animal Midwife , who was Mashed Potatoes, a one-time vigilante villager.

thanksgiving-stuffing-recipe-2.jpg


Classic-Thanksgiving-Mashed-Potatoes-4-720x540.jpg




It is now Day 3. Yeet/vote will close at 10pm Eastern (9pm central/7pm mountain/fantasy land) on Monday, 11/30/2020. CHOOSE WISELY.

7 dinner guests

Roster:


3. @mmmdreamerz
4. @genny
7. @WildZoo
8. @SARdoghandler
13. @Barkley13
14. @SportPonies
16. @WonderingStudent


UNINVITED PERMANENTLY
15. @Ms Procrastinator - Buttermilk Biscuits, vanillager
9. @Cyndia - Cornbread, vanillager
5. @killerleaf - Roasted Butternut Squash, vanillager
10. @Doggo Labs - Gravy, village protector
2. @alissa14 - Stuffing, vanillager
1. @Animal Midwife - Mashed Potatoes, village vigilante


Subs
a. Lawpy
b. Lupin


~~~~**** Table of Contents ****~~~~​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My immediate reactions say genny was overdoing The Genny
Way (TM) yesterday and sporty intentionally avoided breaking the tie vote so I'm looking there

And I'm putting it here now in case daytime me whose reads are trash wakes up in the morning and tries to be an idiot again
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know why you're pushing two wolves when kaydubs says CHOOSE WISELY today. And you're trying to shade me for suspecting a 2-wolf pack earlier, which is clearly wrong now.
Probably because reading is hard when you've woken up from a dead sleep in the middle of the night

It's not the main part of why I'm voting for you anyway, just something I noticed. You mentioned two wolves and then when AM asked for a third you listed half the living players. Didn't seem like much thought had gone into it. When I compare wolfhunting effort among the players here, you and sporty (+/- SAR) come up lacking.
 
Probably because reading is hard when you've woken up from a dead sleep in the middle of the night

It's not the main part of why I'm voting for you anyway, just something I noticed. You mentioned two wolves and then when AM asked for a third you listed half the living players. Didn't seem like much thought had gone into it. When I compare wolfhunting effort among the players here, you and sporty (+/- SAR) come up lacking.
I listed Sporty, SAR, and wondering. Which sounds remarkably similar to your own POE now.
 
Ummm…wut. I don’t understand how the wolves could have a double kill AND there’s a village vig in such a small game. Is there something mechanically we are missing here or do I have no idea how game balance works or both?

MsP feels okay.
Why is MsP okay?
She just feels okay rn.
Like I said, feels. She just feels right at the moment.
On a reread, I’m wondering if this phrasing was so sporty could maybe more easily switch her vote to MsP later just in case a wolf was in trouble of being voted out. The votes were so spread on Day 1 that the vote could have gone in any direction at this point in the day cycle (>1 hr before vote close).

Where was my tone salty?
I knew I was gonna forget to revote when I did that. Should’ve just sat until I decided.
You didn't answer my question btw
I noticed that sporty never actually answered this question even after WZ asked her again about it.

This post from Sporty was 2 mins before vote close last night. As if she wanted to call it that she’s reading Killer as village right before killer flips village
idk that I like this killer vote thing. She's sounded real darn villagey to me...

Every game I keep having some level of sus of genny with her fluff posts but everyone keeps saying she sounds villager and then I just think I’m missing something/I just don’t know how to read people. But she also voted for me last night for some reason. @genny why am I on your sus list?

Nothing other than Bark's interaction with alissa the first day has stood out as wolfy to me so I'm still keeping my suspicions but moving her farther from wolfy.

Do you guys have any updated reads? @Barkley13 @mmmdreamerz
 
Last edited:
Ummm…wut. I don’t understand how the wolves could have a double kill AND there’s a village vig in such a small game. Is there something mechanically we are missing here or do I have no idea how game balance works or both?





On a reread, I’m wondering if this phrasing was so sporty could maybe more easily switch her vote to MsP later just in case a wolf was in trouble of being voted out. The votes were so spread on Day 1 that the vote could have gone in any direction at this point in the day cycle (>1 hr before vote close).




I noticed that sporty never actually answered this question even after WZ asked her again about it.

This post from Sporty was 2 mins before vote close last night. As if she wanted to call it that she’s reading Killer as village right before killer flips village


Every game I keep having some level of sus of genny with her fluff posts but everyone keeps saying she sounds villager and then I just think I’m missing something/I just don’t know how to read people. But she also voted for me last night for some reason. @genny why am I on your sus list?

Nothing other than Bark's interaction with alissa the first day has stood out as wolfy to me so I'm still keeping my suspicions but moving her farther from wolfy.

Do you guys have any updated reads? @Barkley13 @mmmdreamerz
Can you not do this? I’m kind of tired of my village reads voting me off at endgame. -_-
 
I didn’t answer Dubz because I was waiting to see how she would continue acting. Not gonna point out her weirdness so she can fix it and skate by easier if she’s a wolf
1) I don't need anyone's help to skate by when I'm wolfing
2) sounds like you didn't actually have any posts to point to and you were just pulling stuff out of your butt 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Um no. And it was not just posts.
Wut
You realize there's no reason to be cagey about it now, right? Seeing as it's maybe YoLo.

Also

Can you not do this? I’m kind of tired of my village reads voting me off at endgame. -_-
How can you be tired of something that hasn't even happened in the last 6 months
 
Why? You were already in my taters, AM also reading you village (her top village read according to her list actually) just helped me move you to the more solid grouping
Hmm okay. Maybe it just seemed weird because I don’t usually get read village even when AM says so
It’s WW, stare at any post long enough and there’s a way for it to come of sketchy lol
I wasn’t even staring at it lol it was more of a first reaction to it
 
Trying to decide if the dubz/sporty back and forth is W/V or W/W. But rereading their exchanges I feel like there’s a wolf between them.
 
I don’t really want to vote for Dubz, but I feel like I don’t have much of a choice to save myself with the way things are going right now. I was hoping more people would show up and vote. I’d rather go for sporty, SAR, or wondering.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trying to decide if the dubz/sporty back and forth is W/V or W/W. But rereading their exchanges I feel like there’s a wolf between them.
I don’t really want to vote for Dubz, but I feel like I don’t have much of a choice to save myself with the way things are going right now. I was hoping more people would show up and vote. I’d rather go for sporty, SAR, or wondering.
Sporty is a good vote