2009-2010 Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: They gave me Feb 12th (Friday) as my replacement date. Maybe Einstein only interviews on Fridays? Also, they seem to have filled their slots to the 3rd week of Feb now.

They interview on other days besides Friday.

Members don't see this ad.

so despite being an enormous idiot and not pressing submit for over a month (i got an email in late september that i paid the dues but didn't press submit back in early august) i got an interview invite today! yayyy

Submitted early September, complete end of October... still hoping for an invite!

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 11/12. Still hoping for an invite. :luck::xf:

Complete oh so long ago...interview invite just in. Very excited! It can still happen .:)

You got an invite today? Oy vey.

On Christmas? Wait, it's AECOM, I forgot. Congrats.

submitted by 9/9, complete 11/3, interview invite 12/23 :), available dates are now starting in march :(:xf::xf:

jimhoyl, is that what your email said as far as scheduling your preferred dates? i got my invite the same day and they told me to list dates starting from the 2nd week in Feb..

jimhoyl, is that what your email said as far as scheduling your preferred dates? i got my invite the same day and they told me to list dates starting from the 2nd week in Feb..

that was the exact email that i got too, and i replied asking for the earliest possible date in feb. she told me feb was filled up, so i asked for the earliest possible date in March. :oops:

ahh damnit. i sent in my requests but didnt get a confirmation. march is horrible for me (finals, research deadline etc)

so i have an interview with AECOM on Feb 19th and i just found this on their website:

"After sending an initial round of acceptances on January 15th, acceptances are offered on a rolling admission basis. Approximately 400 applicants will be placed on the wait-list from January through the summer months. Beginning in May, the wait-list is re-evaluated and halved. By July, about 50 applicants remain active on the wait-list and by the day of Orientation, approximately 20 remain active. The wait-list is not ranked."

So does it mean that anyone who interviews after Jan 15th are only interviewing for waitlist spot? Someone please shed some light on this. Thanks!

Does AECOM send post-interview decisions via email or snail mail on Jan. 15th? I read some of last years thread and people actually called the office on Jan. 15th to find out. It seemed to work for a while, but then the office stopped telling people their status over the phone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on October 2nd and am eagerly awaiting the Jan 15th date. I hope that if I wake up early and call, they will tell me over the phone, but I suppose there's no guarantee of this. Oh well.

On a separate note, I sent an email update with an abstract for a paper that I am presenting and also updated transcripts. I did this on Monday, and from the looks of the other posts, people have been receiving correspondences from AECOM throughout the week. I'm very anti-neurotic (if that's even a word haha), so I'm trying to be as relaxed as possible throughout this application process, but does anyone think it would be okay to call the admissions office to let them know about my updates? I've been accepted to a few other schools, and am VERY grateful for that, but my fiance is going to New York for law school in the fall and Einstein was my favorite school among my NY interviews. Well, good luck to everyone- I'm happy to know that so many interview invites are still going out! Hope all are enjoying the time off school if you're on winter vaca :thumbup:.

so i have an interview with AECOM on Feb 19th and i just found this on their website:

"After sending an initial round of acceptances on January 15th, acceptances are offered on a rolling admission basis. Approximately 400 applicants will be placed on the wait-list from January through the summer months. Beginning in May, the wait-list is re-evaluated and halved. By July, about 50 applicants remain active on the wait-list and by the day of Orientation, approximately 20 remain active. The wait-list is not ranked."

So does it mean that anyone who interviews after Jan 15th are only interviewing for waitlist spot? Someone please shed some light on this. Thanks!

My impression from this message is the following - AECOM is non-rolling with post-interview acceptances until Jan. They accept some people in January and even if you interview after January you can still get an outright acceptance but the likelihood of that decreases as the interview season goes on (the definition of rolling). Since their interview season runs til April it would be strange to fill up the acceptances as early as January I think.

I also know someone (friend of friend) who interviewed in March and was accepted outright I believe. However, I don't know the specifics so my details may be a bit off.

What is unclear to me is that if the WL is not ranked, how do they determine who gets in as well as who gets cut in May? Is it basically a lottery system?

If this concerns you I would say call and ask for clarification. Especially if you have a long and expensive flight to book to get to the interview. If they cannot clarify whether or not they only have WL spots after Jan, or if they confirm your fears, then AECOM is not the kind of school I would want to go to.

They actually responded to an update I sent. They never did before.

Completed: 10/26/09
Interview dates available are mid Feb :/ but I'll take it!!!!:xf:

Congrats to all that received interviews!! I been complete since september still no word..:( Hoping for an invite :xf:

I'm a little confused: if one interviewed before Jan 15, they're either accepted or rejected? Is there no waitlist hope for those batches?

As for updates, I sent them an email update but didn't get a response back and I don't want to email them again about it. Any suggestions?

I'm a little confused: if one interviewed before Jan 15, they're either accepted or rejected? Is there no waitlist hope for those batches?

As for updates, I sent them an email update but didn't get a response back and I don't want to email them again about it. Any suggestions?
you have 2 options then, call or forget about it :). Personally id call. When i sent an email update i did end up getting a response back.

Just so everyone knows, AECOM doesn't accept updates of any kind during any part of the application cycle (pre or post interview). They have an all electronic system and cannot upload anything. The only changes that can be made to your AECOM application are things you can change through AMCAS. I called before my interview earlier this year to see if I could update my summer activities and fall classes, and that's what the admissions lady said. Good luck everyone!

Just so everyone knows, AECOM doesn't accept updates of any kind during any part of the application cycle (pre or post interview). They have an all electronic system and cannot upload anything. The only changes that can be made to your AECOM application are things you can change through AMCAS. I called before my interview earlier this year to see if I could update my summer activities and fall classes, and that's what the admissions lady said. Good luck everyone!

Weird, I just sent an update last week and they shot me back an email thanking me for the update and that it will be added to my file. I'm pre-interview.

i love how depending on who you talk to you will get 2 different answers lol.

I called a while ago and I was told initially no but then she said perhaps a short update will be fine.
Who knows?
i guess? Who knows they said my update was fine as long as it was 1 short paragraph and it could be added to my file, but this was awhile ago. Maybe they stopped as it got to be too much of a pain? But like you said who knows.

I called a while ago and I was told initially no but then she said perhaps a short update will be fine.
Who knows?

Even if they can't add an update to your file, maybe sending it is still good sending info so you stay on their minds. I don't know if updates people send ever make their way to someone important or if they are basically auto-deleted by a secretary.

I received a reply saying "Thanks!" with an exclamation mark. Thought that meant something since some schools don't even bother responding. haha

I received a reply saying "Thanks!" with an exclamation mark. Thought that meant something since some schools don't even bother responding. haha

They must be extra excited to hear from you.

I also got an email back saying "Thank you and good luck!" after I sent an update with an abstract attached and mailing them my updated transcripts. I don't know if that means they are adding it to my file or what, but it was nice to hear anything. Only a few more weeks until those of us who interviewed early will get a decision. Let's hope for good news all around :xf:

I been complete since september :( Does Einstein send out rejections?? Or do they send em out late march??

I also sent a short update a few days ago and got a "thank you and good luck" response back the next day. I interviewed in September.

For those who have interviewed here- is there a student host program at AECOM?

Question for the New York locals...
I am trying to figure my way around the city from the airport to my hotel, to the school etc.. I just wanted to know how accurate http://www.hopstop.com is in regards to giving out bus/subway/walking info.

I don't want to be left in the cold over there :rolleyes:
thanks!!

I am trying to figure my way around the city from the airport to my hotel, to the school etc.. I just wanted to know how accurate http://www.hopstop.com is in regards to giving out bus/subway/walking info.

thanks!!

I'm a long-time local and have never heard of that site. Everyone just uses the subway map. http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

thanks!!

the site is great and accurate (and for all cities that it lists, not just NYC)

thanks!!

Born and raised in NYC and live there now. I use hopstop.com everytime I need directions. It is very reliable and accurate. It also has better options and more information than mta.info.

I know that the first acceptances are sent out on Jan 15th, but does anybody know what percentage of the class is filled by the first batch?

Albert Einstein are interviewing for the months of march and april.

I just got an invite today horray!
complete in 11/18

However, I am really confused about the interview schedule, i was not offered any dates, but was told to send availiable dates to the office for the following month? Do i just pick any days, they were not very specific.

complete in 11/18

However, I am really confused about the interview schedule, i was not offered any dates, but was told to send availiable dates to the office for the following month? Do i just pick any days, they were not very specific.

Just send them dates that you're free in ranked order. I think I sent them every Monday in September and early October when I interviewed (so 4 dates) and they gave me the soonest interview that I requested. It is a weird system.

complete in 11/18

congrats. was it an email?

Submitted secondary 9/13
App Complete 11/23
Interview Invite 1/5

mine was complete just after yours. hopefully i hear soon.

Hope so too:xf: A friend of mine interviewed in Dec and LOVED the school.....I already love the staff, they are extremely friendly and helpful. Turn around time to get my confirmed interview date was about 2 hrs. So far so good. I'M EXCITED :)

Status
Not open for further replies.