2009-2010 Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
accepted a few mins ago via email. interviewed the first week of december (mcat 33, gpa 3.9)

Members don't see this ad.

First acceptance oh my godddddddd interviewed 11/30 gl everyone else and congrats other acceptees!

Members don't see this ad :)
When were you complete?

12/11

Consider yourself lucky!!! From what I hear, AECOM has rolling admissions. I had an interview invitation in December and earliest they could get me in would be March!! I wish I could trade with you!! .... Congrats on hearing back good news though; glad the In the Area email worked for you.

well i couldn't take that date, i got one march 15 (beware!) instead. still nice that they responded though!

congrats to all you acceptees. nice to see some movement here

First acceptance oh my godddddddd interviewed 11/30 gl everyone else and congrats other acceptees!

'grats. that first one feel pretty great, doesn't it?

anyway, i decided today that i'm officially not reserving a spot in the class. hope someone else enjoys it :)

'grats. that first one feel pretty great, doesn't it?

anyway, i decided today that i'm officially not reserving a spot in the class. hope someone else enjoys it :)

thank you!!!!!! **** yes it does!!!!!!!!

What does AECOM really brag about? Are they more clinical or rsch oriented?

havent heard from these guys since i was complete way back last year....

got my rejection lost in the mail again i guess...

What does AECOM really brag about? Are they more clinical or rsch oriented?
both? Id say the big thing they are known for is international/global health. They have so many opportunities to do these things and its basically free for all students as they give you money for it (you have to apply but i was told by current students that everyone who applies gets it). Of every school ive interviewed at or read about, they seem to be heavily focused on global health opportunities/rotations and have very well established connections to do so. They have a lot of research opportunities and being in the area its in, there are a lot of things to do with the underserved etc etc.

havent heard from these guys since i was complete way back last year....

got my rejection lost in the mail again i guess...

Dude, go to Sinai if you want to live in NY. My own interviewer and tour guide put down AECOM more than the people in this board.

Members don't see this ad :)
To all those who completed late (October - December), have any of you received any correspondence yet??

Thanks!

Submitted late august, got the complete email 11/2...haven't heard anything at all from them.

I think we were too late.

To all those who completed late (October - December), have any of you received any correspondence yet??

Thanks!

They r mad slow...but i was completed mid to late November. Interview invite on Mid-January. Interview scheduled for early March! :xf:

Thanks!

Hey I submitted the secondary somewhere in the end of november and received the completed application email on January 13th. I received an interview invite yesterday, so I hope that helps.

sorry if this was answered a while back on the thread, but does anyone know what the timeline is for MSTP decisions?

so i have an interview lined up soon, and as i was reading this thread, i noticed a lot of people were posting questions about dean letters. aren't they only for post-baccs, or did i miss something? i thought undergrads only needed 5 letters max.

any accepted kiddies thinking of getting a place in manhattan and commuting?

Ok, I've been to a Sinai open house and just interviewed at AECOM today and Sinai pales in comparison. I had such a nice lady-Dr. Dolan-who talked about everything, the students were so nice. I even chatted with a prof and sat in on a lecture, plus they have a study abroad program that outranks most schools'. The facilities were MUCH nicer, even in unimportant rooms like lounges and what not.

Damn, please pick me Einstein!

Ok, I've been to a Sinai open house and just interviewed at AECOM today and Sinai pales in comparison. I had such a nice lady-Dr. Dolan-who talked about everything, the students were so nice. I even chatted with a prof and sat in on a lecture, plus they have a study abroad program that outranks most schools'. The facilities were MUCH nicer, even in unimportant rooms like lounges and what not.

Damn, please pick me Einstein!

did you request to meet with that prof or did they just happen to be around? my interview is early March and i'm not sure if i should request to meet with anyone

My friend is a fourth year at Einstein. She lived there for one year and has commuted from the UES since. It works well for her.

But the Einstein housing is sooooo cheap and soooooo good!

Thanks!

Complete Notification October 23rd, interview invite January 5th, interview set for March 2nd

so commuting is normal for some. thats good to hear! riss are you on that listserve?? im curious as to how i could find a roommate(s)

jmando, did you interview at sinai?

does anyone commute or know of someone who commutes from northern NJ or is that unheard of?

@ SunDai: My tour guides were amazing and they offered, so I took them up on it. As MS1's walked in, I chatted with a few of them, they said I look too young for med school, lulz. Then the prof walked by and we chatted, he's an eccentric and nice guy, he's bald with a handlebar mustache to boot!

@redrower: nope. I went to a Sinai open house, we saw the new building, the lecture halls (MS1 is trash, MS2 is nice), apts (no singles) and I specifically asked to see the labs.

I'm a bit bummed b/c I wasn't feeling so well on my interview date but I couldn't pass up the offer. I was cordial but not as congenial and personable as usual, it felt overly formal. I've been debating whether I should go for a second. Where's the info on that?

Anyone else interview in mid-January? I can't remember when they said decisions were supposed to go out. I want to say early March but I'm not sure.

Anyone else interview in mid-January? I can't remember when they said decisions were supposed to go out. I want to say early March but I'm not sure.

I interviewed mid-December and have not heard back yet, so if that's any indication for you, if you interviewed mid January I would expect that you wouldnt hear back until mid March at least.

First post:)

I completed my application in November and have received nothing at all regarding interviews (no invite or rejection). Is anybody else in the same situation?

I completed my application in November and have received nothing at all regarding interviews (no invite or rejection). Is anybody else in the same situation?

yeah same here.

Does AECOM accept update/interest letters? Do you guys think it'll make a difference this late in the game?

Oh no! I just read somewhere that they don't like it when applicants call to check up on statuses. I've done that already...do you guys think that'll make my application looked upon less favorably? :(

Last edited:
Oh no! I just read somewhere that they don't like it when applicants call to check up on statuses. I've done that already...do you guys think that'll make my application looked upon less favorably? :(

nah i really doubt it. they probably don't even keep track of that and even if they did i don't think it'd hurt you just because you called once to check on your status. (i called in july to check on my secondary status and still got an invite)

+1

Wish they had a status update page or something.:thumbdown:

So did everyone pretty much get an invite within a few weeks of being completed? It seems like they take forever to complete an application (took three months for me), but then if they invite you, it happens quick. FYI, I am not one of the lucky few that got that has gotten that invite

Same. Except I completed everything in August. :lame:

So did everyone pretty much get an invite within a few weeks of being completed? It seems like they take forever to complete an application (took three months for me), but then if they invite you, it happens quick. FYI, I am not one of the lucky few that got that has gotten that invite

there was about 4-5 weeks between complete and invite

Submitted on 11/10/09, complete on 1/5/10. No word whatsoever as of yet. I think it is important to bear in mind that Einstein continues to accept secondaries until 3/15/10, a rather protracted season. Hopefully time is still on the side of those of us still waiting.

i have an interview on march 15 but will likely withdraw in the next few days.

hope it goes to one of you guys instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.