2009-2010 Penn State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard news from this school in terms of completion?

Nope I am guessing we will get complete emails when they are ready to review so until then we wait.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got a complete email this morning. I submitted 7/25 right after getting the secondary invite. Email below.

Your application to the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine is complete. Please understand that the Admissions Committee reviews all completed applications in the random and rolling order they were received.

Accordingly, the time necessary to process our many applications means that your application will not be reviewed immediately. We therefore request that you refrain from calling our office for your application status. This will enable us to process your application in the timeliest manner possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I received the complete email this morning as well

Does anyone know about the MCAT question?

I took MCAT June/July and the scores were released to AMCAS beginning of August, so technically no, I'm not taking an MCAT after submitting my secondary, but I definitely want these new scores included in the review of my application. Do I just put that no I'm not taking it and assume they will use the scores from June/July as they were indicated in my primary and sent to AMCAS like Aug 3rd??

Does anyone know about the MCAT question?

I took MCAT June/July and the scores were released to AMCAS beginning of August, so technically no, I'm not taking an MCAT after submitting my secondary, but I definitely want these new scores included in the review of my application. Do I just put that no I'm not taking it and assume they will use the scores from June/July as they were indicated in my primary and sent to AMCAS like Aug 3rd??

Well have they already been released? If they have been released, then I would probably put the answer as no since the purpose of that question is just to know if they should hold on your app. But if your scores have not been released, I would answer yes to make sure that they know to wait.

Got the "complete" email today (submitted secondary 8/6). I thought this bit was funny:

."Please understand that the Admissions Committee reviews all completed applications in the random and rolling order they were received.."

Perhaps I'm being picky here, but if they review apps in the order in which they were received, that's not exactly random, is it? :laugh:

Got the "complete" email today (submitted secondary 8/6). I thought this bit was funny:

."Please understand that the Admissions Committee reviews all completed applications in the random and rolling order they were received.."

Perhaps I'm being picky here, but if they review apps in the order in which they were received, that's not exactly random, is it? :laugh:

Maybe they take a batch of early apps and randomly review them. Then take another batch that came later and review those randomly?

Maybe they take a batch of early apps and randomly review them. Then take another batch that came later and review those randomly?
Maybe they batch them up and use em to fill a pinata that looks an aweful lot like BlueElmo and then beat the living **** out of it! Then the adcoms fight for the applications and wah-la...radomness.

Maybe they batch them up and use em to fill a pinata that looks an aweful lot like BlueElmo and then beat the living **** out of it! Then the adcoms fight for the applications and wah-la...radomness.

Um... okay. Have I offended you in any ways in the past?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that are complete, are all your letters received by AMCAS as well at that time?

I'm curious if one incomplete letter on AMCAS (not the committee letter) would hold my application from being marked complete. I submitted the secondary on 7/28...

For those of you that are complete, are all your letters received by AMCAS as well at that time?

I'm curious if one incomplete letter on AMCAS (not the committee letter) would hold my application from being marked complete. I submitted the secondary on 7/28...

Yeah, it would.

Submitted this on July 28, but still no complete email...should I worry?

I completed mine on the 6th, and still have not heard anything either. I called the admissions office, and they said it can take several weeks. Sunnyblues, I guess you seemed to have lucked out with the random rolling process.

Same here. I submitted July 27th and haven't received a complete e-mail. :confused:

I wouldn't worry folks. There are tons of people that have no news from July 27th - and that was the first day the secondary was released if I'm not mistaken. It's still early!

If we took the new SAT how do we fill out the SAT section? The form only lists areas to enter the scores for the old SAT? How did you guys go about this? Thanks.

If we took the new SAT how do we fill out the SAT section? The form only lists areas to enter the scores for the old SAT? How did you guys go about this? Thanks.

easy: put in the sections they ask for. leave out the writing section.

I've had the same status message for over a week now, and I submitted a couple weeks ago.

Our records indicate that your Secondary Application has been received, but it has not been determined whether your application is complete or not at this time. Once that determination has been made, you will be notified via email.

This is normal, right? Is anyone complete? If so, how long did it take? I SO hate waiting... :(

I've had the same status message for over a week now, and I submitted a couple weeks ago.

This is normal, right? Is anyone complete? If so, how long did it take? I SO hate waiting... :(

Normal. I submitted this secondary the day I got it and its still not marked as complete. Dont worry about it.

so I am looking at organic chem requirement and it says to explain if we haven't met the requirements....

so at my university orgo lab is only for 1 semester, but its really intensive and counts for 8 semester hours, so should I put in that I have met the requirement even though on transcript it shows 1 semester or should I say I haven't met it and explain while i haven't met it based on semesters but I have met it based on semester hours?

so I am looking at organic chem requirement and it says to explain if we haven't met the requirements....

so at my university orgo lab is only for 1 semester, but its really intensive and counts for 8 semester hours, so should I put in that I have met the requirement even though on transcript it shows 1 semester or should I say I haven't met it and explain while i haven't met it based on semesters but I have met it based on semester hours?

At penn state (undergrad) orgo lab is taken in one semester and carries 2 credits. So it seems your school does a similar thing so you have met the requirement.

I got the Penn State secondary on 7/27, and I still didn't complete it (doing others). I checked my email today and they sent me the exact same secondary email, as a reminder I suppose (or in case it went to junk mail). Just thought i'd share :oops:

I just submitted my secondary for Penn State. Wooot! That's three down, many more to go. I just wish I had my MCAT scores back...that would be really helpful!

just added penn st. Do they send secondaries out fairly quickly?

just added penn st. Do they send secondaries out fairly quickly?

Took nine days for me. But the day after I added Penn State I was able to log-in to the secondary link posted a few posts back.

anybody here recently marked complete ?

Submitted 7/28, still not complete. This'll be my last school marked complete :cool:

anyone know if they are flexible on the non-sceince LOR?? i dont have one...:(:(:(:(:(:(

Submitted 7/28, still not complete. This'll be my last school marked complete :cool:

i received an email saying complete but online it still says not complete so i m going with the email lol

submitted 07/30, received the complete email 08/21 !!!!!! took them forever.. still not reflected on the website though. :D

submitted 07/30, received the complete email 08/21 !!!!!! took them forever.. still not reflected on the website though. :D

Submitted 7/27, received complete email 8/24. Yeah, they're slow.

submitted 8/2 still no complete email and still the same "not determined if complete" update status

Why the hell can't schools just do things in chronological order? I really don't understand this.

hmm, well i guess i was randomly selected (again) just as i get selected at the airport:D. completed on Aug 17, and received compelte email today (8/24).

We need to give them our SAT scores!?!? Seriously...? I took the SAT like 13 years ago... I don't even know if I can still access my scores...

Status
Not open for further replies.