2009-2010 Penn State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer my own question they are flexible with non-science LORs. The lady at the admissions office said to just get a letter fro a non-science dept saying you were a student of good standing on official letterhead. Hope this helps anyone else who has this problem:)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, they send you an email, but you have to call them to schedule the actual interview.

Congratulations on the interview!

I submitted 8/3 and I'm still not complete. All this foot-tapping is going to build me some great calf muscles...(I wish!)

I submitted late July and I'm still not complete. Should I call and ask?

No, I called them this morning about the same thing (I submitted July 28 and still haven't gotten a complete email). The woman said that they are in the process of entering stuff, so the fact that I'm still not complete is not a reason for concern. She said to give it a few more weeks (!)

Members don't see this ad :)
the dating analogy works so well here. kywii is the guy that is so gorgeous that all the girls (aka schools) want to date him and they throw themselves at his feet. i, on the other hand, am the kid that is not so absurdly ugly that i get rejected outright, but all the girls are like "ok, we're going to string you along so if no one, NO ONE else wants me, i will pick you"

the dating analogy works so well here. kywii is the guy that is so gorgeous that all the girls (aka schools) want to date him and they throw themselves at his feet. i, on the other hand, am the kid that is not so absurdly ugly that i get rejected outright, but all the girls are like "ok, we're going to string you along so if no one, NO ONE else wants me, i will pick you"

so if and when you get an interview, you gotta whip it out

ahha:laugh::thumbup:. Youre not alone dude. my stats make me = to the fat kid whos all alone and picked last :(

:laugh: You are so not alone on this one, man. I'm right there with you.

LOL!:laugh:

Unfortunately, MCAT scores are not everything and no admissions committees have offered to bake me cake, although i would definitely go to a school that baked me a cake. In reference to the dating analogy, just for the record, I am a girl. :p

LOL!:laugh:

Unfortunately, MCAT scores are not everything and no admissions committees have offered to bake me cake, although i would definitely go to a school that baked me a cake. In reference to the dating analogy, just for the record, I am a girl. :p

i'm a girl too lol :p

i'll have to ask my dad if anyone has ever whipped it out for him (he was an interviewer for a top med school for many years). he has told me some pretty funny stories, such as the girl who wrote her entire personal statement about how she wanted to be a dolphin but that being a doctor would be a decent second choice :confused:

Interview invite here too.

Stats: MCAT 34-37, GPA 3.8+, Science GPA 3.7+

Submitted 7/27, complete 8/11

Ahh I cant believe I submitted this literally the day after I got it, and I still haven't received a complete email!!

I'm not even complete yet wtf! and Ya I submitted it the day I received the secondary. this process is frustrating

I'm not even complete yet wtf! and Ya I submitted it the day I received the secondary. this process is frustrating

Maybe they took you for a gunner and threw you onto the bottom of the pile... :idea:

Interview invite here too.

Stats: MCAT 34-37, GPA 3.8+, Science GPA 3.7+

Submitted 7/27, complete 8/11

so you have a range for MCAT? or did you retake? i wouldn't have retaken a 34...i mean a 37 is good, but a 34 is really good also.

anyways, invite here as well!

mcat 32, 3.8 gpa

so you have a range for MCAT? or did you retake? i wouldn't have retaken a 34...i mean a 37 is good, but a 34 is really good also.

anyways, invite here as well!

mcat 32, 3.8 gpa

I think they are trying to protect their anonymity. ;)

Congrats on your invite!

If the applications were supposedly marked complete in the order they were received, isn't it kind of strange that we still aren't complete?

Contacted the admissions and she basically told me to wait for the complete email, coz they get tons of applciations. wtf.

Contacted the admissions and she basically told me to wait for the complete email, coz they get tons of applciations. wtf.

Hmmm, maybe they think you're only 12 and not a priority because of your picture... :smuggrin:

Well maybe your call made them realize they needed to get their act together, because I just got my complete email.

Just received the complete email (finally). Now if they would only send me an interview invite... :p

Gah...I called, and the lady told me there's no such thing as a complete status.... WTF

Got the interview today. Complete back in late July. OOS 31Q 3.9 sGPA.

Gah...I called, and the lady told me there's no such thing as a complete status.... WTF

Yeah I called several days ago with the same problem. Maybe I called on a happier day cuz the lady was pretty nice and she mentioned they're just swamped and don't have enough manpower to change all those to "complete"s, but that we'll get an email once we go under review or once we're reviewed or something like that. So I wouldn't worry about it.

So those with invites have already received a complete email beforehand?

Can someone who got the complete email copy and paste what it says? Does it acknowledge receipt of materials, or does it say that your application has been reviewed?

Ditto to BlueElmo's question - did anyone get an interview w/o getting a complete email?

So those with invites have already received a complete email beforehand?

Yea, I got an email saying I'm complete around 2 weeks after submitting and around 2 weeks prior to receiving the interview invite.

Here's the email.

Your application to the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine is complete. Please understand that the Admissions Committee reviews all completed applications in the random and rolling order they were received.

Accordingly, the time necessary to process our many applications means that your application will not be reviewed immediately. We therefore request that you refrain from calling our office for your application status. This will enable us to process your application in the timeliest manner possible.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your completed application, please contact us at [email protected].

We appreciate your interest in the College of Medicine.

Sincerely,

The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
Office of Medical Student Affairs, H060
500 University Drive
P.O. Box 850
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone (717) 531-8755
Fax (717) 531-6225

Whooooo Interview Invite this morning while at the dentist's office :D

Very excited!

hahaha, thats so funny

atleast they are going to string you incase but with me its like "OMG there is no way we'll take you" hahah jk,
hopefully i will get an invite soon.

Whooooo Interview Invite this morning while at the dentist's office :D

Very excited!

lol i bet that made your dentist visit a bit more enjoyable!! Invite for me too via email this morning:)

Status
Not open for further replies.