2011-2012 Penn State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Our records indicate that your application is complete, and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted by mail and/or phone during the next several weeks with its decision."

so how many weeks is "several weeks"? lol it's been like almost a month which sounds like several weeks right? :D

Members don't see this ad.

I just called and they said 10-11 weeks. I don't know if they were referring to before or after completion though, it wasn't making a lot of sense.

Maybe give them a call yourself, it can't hurt.

been waiting for interview, got put on 'continue to review' 36R/3.94 in state. unhappy to say the least.

Members don't see this ad :)
how long does it take to get "complete"? I submitted the secondary on 9/16. thanks

I submitted my Penn State secondary on August 20, got the 'complete' email on October 7, and just got the "continue to review" snail mail today (October 28).

Starting to get nervous. No interview invites yet!

Got the continue to review letter in the mail today. It was dated 10/25. I was complete on 10/10. Does this mean rejection? Have there been any interviews for people that received this "continue to review" letter first?? Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

To all those that have been accepted: CONGRATS!!! :)

Got the continue to review letter in the mail today. It was dated 10/25. I was complete on 10/10. Does this mean rejection? Have there been any interviews for people that received this "continue to review" letter first?? Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

To all those that have been accepted: CONGRATS!!! :)

Hmm...I was complete 10/3 and still have not heard anything from them yet. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 8/1
Completed 9/14
Received continue to review letter today dated 10/27

Good luck all

Completed 9/12 and still havn't gotten a "continue to review letter" or Interview Invite. The waiting continues

interviewing here monday. expecting to find a chocolate waterfall somewhere near campus ;)

I submitted my app in early September. I just got an email saying I am complete and now under review. Le sigh.

So I got the completion email about 2 weeks ago, but when I go on the status check it still says this:

"Our records indicate that your Secondary Application has been received, but it has not been determined whether your application is complete or not at this time. Once that determination has been made, you will be notified via email."

Is it supposed to stay this way even after the completion email?

So I got the completion email about 2 weeks ago, but when I go on the status check it still says this:

"Our records indicate that your Secondary Application has been received, but it has not been determined whether your application is complete or not at this time. Once that determination has been made, you will be notified via email."

I haven't gotten the completion email yet and I submitted the secondary on 9/15. My status has been the same as yours since then, but when I called they were very helpful and said not to worry and that it just meant that the committee hasn't gotten the chance to review the file yet.

The waiting game...

My status changed to this a couple of days after the complete email:
" Our records indicate that your application is complete, and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted by mail and/or phone during the next several weeks with its decision."

I guess, call them up since it's been two weeks?

My status changed to this a couple of days after the complete email:
" Our records indicate that your application is complete, and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted by mail and/or phone during the next several weeks with its decision."

I guess, call them up since it's been two weeks?

I've been waiting for about a month now. I called last week and she said it takes up to 8 weeks. lol. so several weeks=up to 8 weeks :laugh:

Submitted secondary 9/4
Complete email 10/25
"Continue to review" in the mail 11/1

How bad is it to be put on "continue to review"? Or are there alot of people who get this status?

Hi guys,

I'm an in state applicant and I have an upcoming interview at Penn State on Nov 28. I plan to stay at a hotel the night before I have to interview. Any advice on hotel choices? I know that Days Inn was recommended previously. Also, any details on what the interview day consists of (ie. tour, interview(s)?

Continue to review in the mail a few days ago.

Oh well. :< Good luck guys~

Hi,

I submitted my primary application on oct. 20th, and received a secondary on Nov 1st.

I just wanted to double-check though, the school does not review your application until AMCAS has verified the primary application, correct? Or, do they start reviewing as soon as I submit my secondary even if the primary is not verified?

Please let me know and any help is appreciated. Thanks!

So...Jerry Sandusky doesn't conduct one on one interviews for medical students, right?

Hi,

I submitted my primary application on oct. 20th, and received a secondary on Nov 1st.

I just wanted to double-check though, the school does not review your application until AMCAS has verified the primary application, correct? Or, do they start reviewing as soon as I submit my secondary even if the primary is not verified?

Please let me know and any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Until your application is complete on your end, this includes verified AMCAS, supplemental app + fee, and letters of recommendation, it will not be reviewed by the school. Prepare yourself for a long wait from Penn State though, just take a look through this thread to get an idea of how long it takes from submission of secondary to being marked complete. After being marked complete, the app will enter a review process that could last another few weeks (hard to predict time scale) until a decision is finally made (interview, rejection, hold for review at a later time). Isn't applying to medical schools the best?

Good Luck! :luck:

I know this has been touched on before, but has anyone submitted an update letter after being marked complete before receiving the hold letter or an interview invite?

Errr....I received a complete email this morning, except I definitely got the re-review status a few weeks ago....anyone else have this happen to them? Does this means I'm no longer in the re-review purgatory?

Errr....I received a complete email this morning, except I definitely got the re-review status a few weeks ago....anyone else have this happen to them? Does this means I'm no longer in the re-review purgatory?

What do you mean by the re-review status? The snail mail letter?

yeah that's what i mean. i got that letter snail mail and then today i got a complete email from the admissions office, so I was confused..

I got the same "continued application review" email this morning, although I was not on re-review.

I got the same "continued application review" email this morning, although I was not on re-review.

Interesting. Well I have been complete since early October and have not heard anything from them.

yeah that's what i mean. i got that letter snail mail and then today i got a complete email from the admissions office, so I was confused..

When were you complete?

Interesting. Well I have been complete since early October and have not heard anything from them.

When were you complete?

I don't get their review process. Some are complete after but already got some update while others just wait. hmmm

I got the snail mail, but never an e-mail about being on hold.

Complete e-mail yesterday, 6 weeks after sending in my secondary. Waiting game now. Would be ecstatic if I got an interview.

OOS 3.97/32Q

Has anyone gotten an invite after receiving the hold letter, or is that pretty rare?

Snail mail... Letter mailed on the 9th sour took til saturday to get to SW Ohio

Accepted! Interviewed 10/3. OOS here

Congrats!! That's so awesome! :highfive:

I loved my day at Penn State and I am still waiting to hear back. Strangely enough, I interviewed just before 10/3 but maybe they don't review apps in order? I hope it doesn't mean anything that I haven't heard back yet...

Hey! Is there anyone interviewing the first week of december (like the 2nd-8th) that would want to interview on Nov 30th instead?

I have another interview that I rescheduled so I could do both at once and they never put it in the computer and now the date I need isn't available!

Help me out guys! (I already talked to Admissions and they've got my name on file if anyone reschedules)

Status
Not open for further replies.