2011-2012 UMDNJ-RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im interviewing on the 22nd. Pretty nervous about the MMI

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still havent heard anything from rwjms. I have been complete since Aug 18th. Ms. Kramer said RWJMS wont accept anyone until mid december so I have hope!

Anyone send an update? If yes, did you get a "we have received your update" reply?

I don't think that's quite correct. I remembered seeing tiny OOS percentage so I looked it up for you guys just now.

MSAR stats

RWJ 2010-2011 first year matriculants
109 IS
4 OOS

RWJ 2009-2010 first year matriculants
156 IS
7 OOS

How many in states were interveiwed last year?

I sent an update -- I was told it would be added to my file.
I've already resigned to giving up... complete since august! Oh well...

Congrats YSPharm on the invite!

Thanks!! Good luck to you! I hope you get an invite.

I sent an update -- I was told it would be added to my file.
I've already resigned to giving up... complete since august! Oh well...

Congrats YSPharm on the invite!

I've been complete since midaugust lol...nothing yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how they communicate decisions after interview?

Anyone know how they communicate decisions after interview?

Last year it was by email, and then a day or two later, a phone call from the dean of admission if you got accepted...

I'm IS and I've been complete here since late August and haven't heard a peep from them (or NJMS for that matter). Boo :( Come on state schools, show me some love!!

I got an email saying they have been backed up but that I have been selected for an interview and they will be in touch shortly about possible interview dates. That was a few weeks ago now and havent heard anything yet. Has this happened to anyone else

I got an email saying they have been backed up but that I have been selected for an interview and they will be in touch shortly about possible interview dates. That was a few weeks ago now and havent heard anything yet. Has this happened to anyone else

When I got an invite I received available interview dates in the same email. I would email/call to ask.

Important Message about Robert Wood Johnson Medical School:

Dear RWJMS Applicant,

Recently an Advisory Committee was established to make recommendations to the Governor of New Jersey about the structure of UMDNJ. The Committee has recommended that four UMDNJ entities, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, the School of Public Health, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and the Cancer Institute of New Jersey, be transferred to Rutgers University. While no official governmental action has occurred, the Governor has endorsed this recommendation and planning for the integration is now underway. We promise to keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Carol A. Terregino, M.D
Interim Senior Associate Dean for Education
Associate Dean for Admissions

Important Message about Robert Wood Johnson Medical School:

Dear RWJMS Applicant,

Recently an Advisory Committee was established to make recommendations to the Governor of New Jersey about the structure of UMDNJ. The Committee has recommended that four UMDNJ entities, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, the School of Public Health, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and the Cancer Institute of New Jersey, be transferred to Rutgers University. While no official governmental action has occurred, the Governor has endorsed this recommendation and planning for the integration is now underway. We promise to keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Carol A. Terregino, M.D
Interim Senior Associate Dean for Education
Associate Dean for Admissions

Did anyone else get this? I wonder what the ramifications will be

Yeah, I got that too.

Let's be real though, how does this affect my application lol.

Yeah, I got that too.

Let's be real though, how does this affect my application lol.

I would imagine if you get a degree from RWJMS it will say "Rutgers University" instead of "UMDNJ" on it. Tuition might also be affected.

I would imagine if you get a degree from RWJMS it will say "Rutgers University" instead of "UMDNJ" on it. Tuition might also be affected.

Depends on how soon the change goes through (if it does...). I heard that UMDNJ isn't happy about this because they will lose a lot of their research facilities.

Depends on how soon the change goes through (if it does...). I heard that UMDNJ isn't happy about this because they will lose a lot of their research facilities.

The ball has been rolling on this for a while, from what I hear. I think this I as good as done, for better or worse.

You would (will) get a Rutgers degree - akin to UCLA having the David Geffen School of Medicine of UCLA or the FAU having Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University (Robert Wood Johnson Medical School of Rutgers University).

Tuition will no longer be "tied" to NJMS, but you should rest assured that as the school is remaining public, there should not be any significant increase in tuition.

The ball has been rolling on this for a while, from what I hear. I think this I as good as done, for better or worse.

The ball got rolling on this when UMDNJ wasn't granted the new Camden MD school and proceeded to cut off UMDNJ's (RWJ's) arm in Camden. As for this act (re-integration of RWJ & RU), it was studied in commissions in the early 90's, during the McGreevey administration. As you stated, this time it's a go.

does anyone know if RWJ is open to receiving a letter of interest or if they advise against it?

any help would be appreciated..thanks!

You would (will) get a Rutgers degree - akin to UCLA having the David Geffen School of Medicine of UCLA or the FAU having Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University (Robert Wood Johnson Medical School of Rutgers University).

Tuition will no longer be "tied" to NJMS, but you should rest assured that as the school is remaining public, there should not be any significant increase in tuition.

The ball got rolling on this when UMDNJ wasn't granted the new Camden MD school and proceeded to cut off UMDNJ's (RWJ's) arm in Camden. As for this act (re-integration of RWJ & RU), it was studied in commissions in the early 90's, during the McGreevey administration. As you stated, this time it's a go.

What is your source for RWJMS students receiving a degree from RU? From my understanding, it was a degree issued by UMDNJ, since that is its affiliate, and not RU.

What is your source for RWJMS students receiving a degree from RU? From my understanding, it was a degree issued by UMDNJ, since that is its affiliate, and not RU.

Once the process of merging RWJMS into Rutgers is complete, yes, the degree will be from Rutgers and not UMDNJ. It is unclear when the change will occur, but if the process goes through, this will happen.

Anyone know when in "late december" they will start accepting students?

Anyone know when in "late december" they will start accepting students?
I think they said Mid-december so I am assuming it should be before christmas break

also someone told me that last year they started giving out acceptances the week after thanksgiving (not sure if this is true)

I think they said Mid-december so I am assuming it should be before christmas break

also someone told me that last year they started giving out acceptances the week after thanksgiving (not sure if this is true)

Cool thanks. It just say late december on their website so I was wondering.

When did you interview ?

Mid-late october. Realize it hasn't been a very long wait yet. Pretty anxious to hear from them though. It would be hard to say no to them if I did get in.

Has anyone been complete since August, In-state, >30 MCAT and still waiting for an invite?

it seems to me that RWJMS is the only school (probably) that has not yet given out a single acceptance !!

RWJMS is not doing rolling admissions, so no acceptances have been given out yet. They said we'd find out in mid-December, though.

For us interviewing this month, can anyone give any tips and/or stories about the MMI here?

Hey guys,

Just wondering. Has anyone received a rejection from this institution so far? Many of you have stated that you have yet to receive a reply of any sort.
:confused::confused:

Hey guys,

Just wondering. Has anyone received a rejection from this institution so far? Many of you have stated that you have yet to receive a reply of any sort.
:confused::confused:

We were told we would be getting a decision mid-December, since the school is no longer does rolling admissions

Come one RWJMS accept my electron I want to covalent bond with you!!

Has anyone called the admissions office to inquire about the exact date when they will send out acceptances ?

During interview they said mid-late december but I am curious if anyone called them recently to find out the exact date.

Status
Not open for further replies.