2012-2013 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but leaving campus be 4 is a good call. How are you planning to get to Dulles? That time of day traffic on the Dulles toll road would be reasonably bad.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the status on bringing guests to second look?

I was told as far as parents go, they have a special orientation for them in August during orientation. They are not really invited to second look, but the answer seemed to be if they were going to be there, it would be ok. Seems like its frowned upon. I'd imagine this goes for other guests too.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been accepted, have you received a Certiphi?

is anyone else utterly confused....on the website it says dress is formal with men wearing jackets and ties but then they sent an email saying dress is business casual .. which one is it?

is anyone else utterly confused....on the website it says dress is formal with men wearing jackets and ties but then they sent an email saying dress is business casual .. which one is it?

I'm going with the email they just sent. Maybe they saw the hot weather and felt too bad making all of us wear stuffy suits :) how considerate

also isnt there supposed to be some social networking site for accepted students?

Yeah there is. Just call the admissions office if you haven't received an invite yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
My bad - the actual decisions were the Tuesday last time. Either way, it will probably be sometime this week

Ah. I guess I'm just getting nit-picky now from all the anxious anticipation! Here's to us all, waiting out the storm with bright optimism.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1365526894.671330.jpg wow DC 90 on Wednesday? Might have to wear shorts to second look day!

hopefully some movement today!!!!

The secondary website went down just now. I received my waitlist letter at exactly 6pm, so my thinking was that CAP movement would be at the same time haha. Maybe the website crashing is a sign! I like entertaining myself with these scenarios.

The secondary website went down just now. I received my waitlist letter at exactly 6pm, so my thinking was that CAP movement would be at the same time haha. Maybe the website crashing is a sign! I like entertaining myself with these scenarios.

I can still access my secondary and it still says waitlisted. :(

looks like nothing today...hopefully tomorrow!

accepted today, OOS, GPA 3.8 MCAT 36 interviewed 2/21. received the email at 5pm EST

accepted today, OOS, GPA 3.8 MCAT 36 interviewed 2/21. received the email at 5pm EST

Congrats!
If it'll be like last month, then tomorrow for CAPed ppl! :eek:

Awesome! I hope to be joining you as an accepted student soon.

Does anyone know if all CAP movement is simultaneous?

I think we'd have heard. Last time people checked status late at night and it had changed.

Hmmm... I wonder if no one got accepted from SDN or it hasn't happened yet. I can't decide whether or not I should start another LOI!

Good luck to all those on the wait list!!!! Seriously fingers crossed!

And AMAZING second look Gtown! Absolutely blew me away! Albeit the facilities still aren't up to par with the HGTV standards, the overall campus culture and overall nightlife in the Georgetown area make me absolutely want to spend 4 years in medical school there. The student tours and panel interviews were exceptional! PM for any details on the day (I took notes :)) or anything else about the day!

Good luck to all those on the wait list!!!! Seriously fingers crossed!

And AMAZING second look Gtown! Absolutely blew me away! Albeit the facilities still aren't up to par with the HGTV standards, the overall campus culture and overall nightlife in the Georgetown area make me absolutely want to spend 4 years in medical school there. The student tours and panel interviews were exceptional! PM for any details on the day (I took notes :)) or anything else about the day!

Did they gave you a time frame for when the new lecture hall will be done?

Did they gave you a time frame for when the new lecture hall will be done?

Actually I didn't really ask and didn't hear anybody talk about it honestly. I would be interested in finding out but I wonder how many classes I would even get to have in there. Really though Georgetown is pretty impressive even with the facilities as-is

Does anybody know when the new auditorium will be built though?

The dean mentioned that they are hoping to get it done before classes start.

Perhaps there won't be any more CAP movement until after May 15...

Perhaps there won't be any more CAP movement until after May 15...
You never know, we are only half way through April! They didn't say the CAP movement only occurs at the beginning of the month, did they?

I've been on CAP since October.

ya me too on the wait list since october..emailed them and they said that not many people have withdrew yet but they can see that they are holding multiple accepts so there should be quite a bit of movement soon..dr odonnell will revisit the files either in the end of april or close to may 15th..thats about it folks..nothing else to do but sit tight and wait

ya me too on the wait list since october..emailed them and they said that not many people have withdrew yet but they can see that they are holding multiple accepts so there should be quite a bit of movement soon..dr odonnell will revisit the files either in the end of april or close to may 15th..thats about it folks..nothing else to do but sit tight and wait

Well here's to hoping it's soon!:thumbup:

How much time do we have to decide if we accept the full medical school loan from Georgetown?? I still want to find out how much I can get from my provincial organization, but cannot get that information until June.

Status
Not open for further replies.