2013-2014 Albert Einstein Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is it just me or is there some april fools prank going on here.... everyone be talkin' like Ali G

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oops forgot to postmark my deposit. Guess I'm not headed to AECOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone wondering, I spoke with the financial aid office and they said they intend on sending the award letters this week via snail mail.

Reactions: 3 users
How much is rent per month for the dorms and does it cover utilities/Internet? Thanks!

How much is rent per month for the dorms and does it cover utilities/Internet? Thanks!
Rent covers all basic utilities (heat, electric, water, etc) and Internet. Cable is not covered but is an option for those who want to get it individually.

Rent is pretty cheap - for students sharing an apartment, it's around 400-500$ a month (depending on 2 or 3 bedroom).
For a couple in a studio, it's around 700$ a month.

For those accepted, have you received your snail mail acceptance packet yet?

For those accepted, have you received your snail mail acceptance packet yet?

I received a letter from the dean back in January but that's it so far. I imagine we will receive more this month.

Interviewed March-24
I was offered a place on the HP wait-list, which I accepted. And I am going to fill out the service-research scholarship, which they recommend all HP wait-listers to fill out. How likely is it that I would be accepted off the wait-list? and if yes, what is the time frame?
If I get in, I am most definitely going. Thanks for those who read this post, and respond :)

Received HP waitlist this morning.
Interviewed March 12th.
OOS

I'm also interested in how much movement there traditionally is from the high priority waitlist.

Interviewed March-24
I was offered a place on the HP wait-list, which I accepted. And I am going to fill out the service-research scholarship, which they recommend all HP wait-listers to fill out. How likely is it that I would be accepted off the wait-list? and if yes, what is the time frame?
If I get in, I am most definitely going. Thanks for those who read this post, and respond :)
Hi there,
I'm on the same boat as you :) I was wondering- where did you get the information about Service and Research Scholarship for high priority students? I contacted the financial aid office and they said I shouldn't do anything till accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed, one of the students giving the tour said that there's a very good chance of getting accepted from the HP waitlist - "Something like 90%, but I'm just making that number up," to use his words.

When I interviewed, one of the students giving the tour said that there's a very good chance of getting accepted from the HP waitlist - "Something like 90%, but I'm just making that number up," to use his words.
Yeah.. I wish :)

Yeah.. I wish :)
Haha I know, at least you're on the HP WL though! And he seemed to be suggesting that that means you do have a really good chance. I'm still waiting to her back. D:

Haha I know, at least you're on the HP WL though! And he seemed to be suggesting that that means you do have a really good chance. I'm still waiting to her back. D:
Best of luck! We are all gonna need loads of it :)

Interviewed march 24 th. still haven't heard anything :(

Hi there,
I'm on the same boat as you :) I was wondering- where did you get the information about Service and Research Scholarship for high priority students? I contacted the financial aid office and they said I shouldn't do anything till accepted.
The information about the scholarship was in the same e-mail.

Interviewed march 24 th. still haven't heard anything :(

I interviewed March 11th and still haven't heard a single word. I know upthread someone also interviewed on my day and got Waitlisted. Can't decide if the silence is good or bad :/

The information about the scholarship was in the same e-mail.
Thanks! I guess I didn't read the email carefully enough. Now nobody can tell me that there aren't benefits in me spending my days on SDN ;)

To those of you on the HP waitlist, don't worry! I interviewed in december and was placed on the HP waitlist in January. I sent a letter of intent and was off in a month or so. The chances that you'll be off the waitlist if you show that you are really interested in their program is pretty high.

Is there a "high priority" waitlist in addition to a regular waitlist? If so, anyone know what the chances are of getting off the regular list?

Is there a "high priority" waitlist in addition to a regular waitlist? If so, anyone know what the chances are of getting off the regular list?
HP=high priority.... So you'll notice from the past 10-15 posts that there is a high priority wait list. You might want to ask the admissions office what the chances are of getting off it - nobody here really knows.

To those of you on the HP waitlist, don't worry! I interviewed in december and was placed on the HP waitlist in January. I sent a letter of intent and was off in a month or so. The chances that you'll be off the waitlist if you show that you are really interested in their program is pretty high.

congrats on your acceptance!

do you remember if they emailed you your acceptance or snail mailed your acceptance?

Anyone get financial packets in yet? Getting so anxious :cold::spam::lol::asshat::astronaut:

Anyone get financial packets in yet? Getting so anxious :cold::spam::lol::asshat::astronaut:

someone from the financial aid office emailed me today and asked for some additional info. she said my file is in review now. so i am guessing we'll find out soon.

someone from the financial aid office emailed me today and asked for some additional info. she said my file is in review now. so i am guessing we'll find out soon.

Great, thanks! Did anyone receive an Email saying their file is complete? I keep worrying I didn't submit everything I was supposed to

Great, thanks! Did anyone receive an Email saying their file is complete? I keep worrying I didn't submit everything I was supposed to
No, I asked in a related email but they never responded. I assume they have received everything but I may call later this week.

I have a question for current students. I know most 1st year students live on campus but are there any students who live off campus somewhere nearby or maybe in upper manhattan? I really would like to live with my gf next year but am worried about being disadvantaged by living off campus. I would definitely choose a residence close by or 20min drive away but I am curious as to where other students choose to live besides on campus. If any students have experience or can offer me any helpful information or advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks !

I have a question for current students. I know most 1st year students live on campus but are there any students who live off campus somewhere nearby or maybe in upper manhattan? I really would like to live with my gf next year but am worried about being disadvantaged by living off campus. I would definitely choose a residence close by or 20min drive away but I am curious as to where other students choose to live besides on campus. If any students have experience or can offer me any helpful information or advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks !

My overnight host talked about how she was moving to the UES next year. Apparently it can be done because you don't have to physically attend many lectures. It's certainly going to me more of an annoyance than living on campus though.

Anyone from March 14th interview hear anything yet?

My overnight host talked about how she was moving to the UES next year. Apparently it can be done because you don't have to physically attend many lectures. It's certainly going to me more of an annoyance than living on campus though.
In first and second year, it's WAY more convenient to live on campus or at least close by. In first year, there is a ton of histology and anatomy labs in the morning - basically the first half of first year and more. It makes life way easier to be close by, trust me.

Just got an email from the Dean saying that the next round of acceptances off the HPWL are coming soon. They listed the other schools I had been accepted to and asked if those schools were my first choice.

I didn't know you could do that! I thought they had to accept you to see that stuff! Anyways I informed her I was still very interested in Einstein.

Just got an email from the Dean saying that the next round of acceptances off the HPWL are coming soon. They listed the other schools I had been accepted to and asked if those schools were my first choice.

I didn't know you could do that! I thought they had to accept you to see that stuff! Anyways I informed her I was still very interested in Einstein.
I think starting in April, schools that waitlisted you could see where else you had been accepted. At no time, however, can a place see where else you were waitlisted or rejected.

Does anyone have any info or speculation regarding the situation of mid/late march interviewers who were not placed on the HPWL? Do you guys think this means either rejection or normal wait list (which would lead to rejection...) or do you guys think there is still a chance for HPWL or acceptance?

Ugh... I didn't get such email, which makes me think I'm not on the list of next round of acceptances of HPWL. ;(
That's it. I guess I have nothing else to say at this point :)

did you get this email from Dean Kerrigan?

When do you think it'll be? Hopefully before this Friday? :)
haha it would take an edge off going to the Georgetown open house for me. Unfortunately I didn't get the email so I don't have my hopes up too high (though I'm sure it will not diminish the frequency with which I will be refreshing this site all week).

Just got an acceptance email!! Looks like at this point they are very interested in knowing they are your top choice out of the schools that have accepted you.

Just got an acceptance email!! Looks like at this point they are very interested in knowing they are your top choice out of the schools that have accepted you.
When were you waitlisted, if you don't mind me asking

were there any other acceptances off the HPWL yesterday or this week other than sfwtboy?

I was also accepted off the HPWL yesterday, following an email I received the previous day listing my other acceptances and asking if any of them were my top choice or was I still very interested in Einstein.
Congratulations! hopefully I hear back soon. When were you put on the HPWL? and did you e-mail Kerrigan after you were put on the list saying you are still interested?