2013-2014 University of Washington School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you guys mind sharing when you were complete please? Congrats on the interview invites guys!

I was complete September 6th. Best of luck to you too! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Do any of you have any information given out by U Wash on hotels near by the medical center to stay at for interviews?

I'm coming here to interview for residency and hoping some hotels in the area might have some sweet deals, but the program hasn't given me any of this info yet.

PM me if yes! Thanks so much!

Do any of you have any information given out by U Wash on hotels near by the medical center to stay at for interviews?

I'm coming here to interview for residency and hoping some hotels in the area might have some sweet deals, but the program hasn't given me any of this info yet.

PM me if yes! Thanks so much!
http://www.uwmedicine.org/Education/MD-Program/Admissions/Pages/Directions-Lodging.aspx#hotel

College Inn is closest (5 min walking) but kinda divey. Hotel Deca and the Watertown are nicer and about 10 min walking to the UWMC. Travel Lodge and Silver Cloud are not really within walking distance. The other ones I don't know much about.

If you're brave enough to use the Metro in a new city, the downtown and Capital Hill neighborhoods are both one bus from UWMC and have lots of hotel options.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you OOR applicants who have NOT received a secondary yet, there is still hope!

I JUST got mine on 10/9.

Anyone know when they will start releasing decisions?

Anyone know when they will start releasing decisions?

Called today to ask about it. They haven't had an EXCOM meeting yet and she doesn't know when they will.

She suggested I email admissions for a clearer answer but I don't want to give away my anonymity :p

Called today to ask about it. They haven't had an EXCOM meeting yet and she doesn't know when they will.

She suggested I email admissions for a clearer answer but I don't want to give away my anonymity :p

TBH, they probably won't tell you even if you do that. At least, last year they gave non-answers. Pretty much they will say that the meetings happen at least once a month and that a meeting hasn't happened. People were even told that excom meetings hadn't happened yet and then decisions came out that day. Even if a meeting happens, that doesn't mean your excom was there or that your application was brought up.

Just sit there an enjoy the ride. Keep on up ECs so you can write update letters. If you get in, continue the ECs if you like or just relax because all hell will break out soon enough.

http://www.uwmedicine.org/Education/MD-Program/Admissions/Pages/Directions-Lodging.aspx#hotel

College Inn is closest (5 min walking) but kinda divey. Hotel Deca and the Watertown are nicer and about 10 min walking to the UWMC. Travel Lodge and Silver Cloud are not really within walking distance. The other ones I don't know much about.

If you're brave enough to use the Metro in a new city, the downtown and Capital Hill neighborhoods are both one bus from UWMC and have lots of hotel options.

Thanks so much!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I haven't been able to find anything in the forums, but I just wanted to confirm that AMCAS verification is required to receive a secondary from UW, right?

I believe that is correct.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I haven't been able to find anything in the forums, but I just wanted to confirm that AMCAS verification is required to receive a secondary from UW, right?

I've already had my interview, and I wanted to share my experience. The tour of the school was great; and we had lunch with enthusiastic students, who answered all of our questions. Everybody was fantastic, and they tried to make us feel relaxed. During interview they asked common questions: why medicine, why not other healthcare professions, challenges that doctors face, healthcare related questions, the specialty of your interest and so on. My role play was a bit intense, but overall the interview was not bad at all.

Hopefully, we hear back from them soon:)

Best of luck to everyone.

I've already had my interview, and I wanted to share my experience. The tour of the school was great; and we had lunch with enthusiastic students, who answered all of our questions. Everybody was fantastic, and they tried to make us feel relaxed. During interview they asked common questions: why medicine, why not other healthcare professions, challenges that doctors face, healthcare related questions, the specialty of your interest and so on. My role play was a bit intense, but overall the interview was not bad at all.

Thanks for sharing, hope u hear good news soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I feel really dumb asking this..but is anyone having trouble adding this school? For some reason, when I go to select schools, it doesn't even list Washington as a state for me to filter schools by..When I use no filters, I cannot find it listed anywhere and I'm sure I haven't applied already lol

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats on a good interview! Did you ask they would release decision? I hate this wait .... :laugh:

I feel really dumb asking this..but is anyone having trouble adding this school? For some reason, when I go to select schools, it doesn't even list Washington as a state for me to filter schools by..When I use no filters, I cannot find it listed anywhere and I'm sure I haven't applied already lol

The due date for the primary application was October 15th. So it's probably not available because you can't send it in.

http://www.uwmedicine.org/Education/MD-Program/Admissions/Pages/Deadlines.aspx

Good luck to all with interviews! Any sept complete Idaho applicants with an II yet??

What has been the longest wait time between primary app review and pre-secondary rejection? I'm officially past the six week mark with no news :p

What has been the longest wait time between primary app review and pre-secondary rejection? I'm officially past the six week mark with no news :p

Me too, but a friend of mine has already been rejected pre-interview. I know she has lower undergrad grades but she had a 36 MCAT and is an Americorps health educator and got a 4.0 in all her post-back science (though it was taken at community colleges). I'm so antsy to hear news!

I received a secondary invite at the six week mark, literally. Complete July 31, received sec Sept 16. Fingers are crossed for you both!

Rejected today post secondary. Instate. reapplicant. 30mcat. 3.75 gpa. The rejection email was very cordial and well thought out, at least.

Rejected today post secondary. Instate. reapplicant. 30mcat. 3.75 gpa. The rejection email was very cordial and well thought out, at least.

Sorry to hear that, mind sharing when were you complete?

Heh, spoke too soon - rejected pre-secondary a few hrs ago. Gl everyone else!

Just got an interview invite. WA resident with a 3.65 GPA 36 MCAT, complete Sept 6. They scheduled my interview for early December.

Just got an interview invite. WA resident with a 3.65 GPA 36 MCAT, complete Sept 6. They scheduled my interview for early December.

Congrats. One of my friends received a II yesterday for early December too.

Last edited:
I was wondering if anybody has got acceptance yet?

I was wondering if anybody has got acceptance yet?

2 posters from last year got calls around this time, but most people got decisions on Nov. 1st at night. Less than a week away. :scared:

Those are like almost exactly my stats... I was complete after you so you've rekindled my hope!

Those are like almost exactly my stats... I was complete after you so you've rekindled my hope!

If you are a WWAMI resident and pass the initial GPA/MCAT screen, your odds at an interview are very very good. In fact until recently they guaranteed an interview for residents with a 3.5+ and 30+, so you have reason to be optimistic. Good luck!

If you are a WWAMI resident and pass the initial GPA/MCAT screen, your odds at an interview are very very good. In fact until recently they guaranteed an interview for residents with a 3.5+ and 30+, so you have reason to be optimistic. Good luck!
Wow, I hadn't heard that. I don't want to get my hopes up too high but that's very encouraging, thank you!

Really? They quit doing that last year and I didn't realize they started it this year.

Edit: I see you said "until recently." That's true.

Really? They quit doing that last year and I didn't realize they started it this year.

Edit: I see you said "until recently." That's true.
Alaska resident. Last year I was not given an interview with a 3.7 science and cum gpa from Tulane with a 30 MCAT. Am reapplying this year. More shadowing and slightly higher MCAT at 31.

Alaska resident. Last year I was not given an interview with a 3.7 science and cum gpa from Tulane with a 30 MCAT. Am reapplying this year. More shadowing and slightly higher MCAT at 31.
Yeah, I had a WA friend with a 30 and 3.8 not get an interview. It's definitely not the same as it used to be.

For any TRUST applicants:

I recently contacted the Admissions office about interview dates and they let me know that they will be interviewing all of us at the Spokane campus the week of February 10. The exact dates and times will be determined closer to then.

I hope this helps any anxious TRUST applicants!

I'm an ID resident and am still waiting.
Complete 9/23

Complete 10/16 and offered an interview on 10/24. Wicked quick turn-around time, not entirely sure why though perhaps it's because I'm an Idaho WWAMI TRUST applicant? Anyways, hang in there! Given that they're already sending out rejections, no news is good news or-at the very least-not bad news :)

Just had a friend who received an acceptance call about an hour ago. I think today might have been the first EXCOM meeting!

II! in state applicant.
scheduled for 11/7........no time to prepare, ah!
complete 9/26

any reason why my interview was scheduled in November while others who were complete earlier was scheduled for December....?

any reason why my interview was scheduled in November while others who were complete earlier was scheduled for December....?
Somebody might have canceled their interview and this opened up a spot.

Just had a friend who received an acceptance call about an hour ago. I think today might have been the first EXCOM meeting!

And so it begins ........... *crossingfingers*

In-state, 38 MCAT, 3.98 cGPA, 4.0 sGPA=Rejected pre-interview. Have a good day

In-state, 38 MCAT, 3.98 cGPA, 4.0 sGPA=Rejected pre-interview. Have a good day

Don't feel bad. This school is notorious for rejecting very competitive in-state applicants.

I just found out that UW has an even higher yield than Harvard, so they are definitely managing their yield so-to-speak.

got the call from my excom member at 11:30 this morning! good luck you guys!