2019-2020 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today, IS. Complete 7/12. Withdrew my application! Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my II. Hopefully, it goes to someone here! Good luck!

Received the supplemental app on 7/24 submitted the same day. Got II on 8/12, interviewed 9/23, accepted 10/1. The interview was super chill and laid back, the students were really nice too, good luck!!! :)
Thank you! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think this question has been asked yet (sorry if I scanned the thread too quickly) but do these folks do silent rejections or they typically let you know? They took longer to get my CASPer for some reason and I’ve only been complete a couple weeks so I’m not panicked that I haven’t heard anything yet.

Separate question, anyone know any recently accepted’s or current students who had lower GPA’s and no postbac? Love to PM them. Also just looking for precedence to give me hope. I’m nontrad with lower 60’s LM score (decent MCAT, lower gpa, really good uptrend, HCE and EC’s) but with my gpa this is honestly practically a “reach” school for me. I grew up in Oregon and this is my top choice (actually tied for the top with one other program).

I don’t think this question has been asked yet (sorry if I scanned the thread too quickly) but do these folks do silent rejections or they typically let you know? They took longer to get my CASPer for some reason and I’ve only been complete a couple weeks so I’m not panicked that I haven’t heard anything yet.

Separate question, anyone know any recently accepted’s or current students who had lower GPA’s and no postbac? Love to PM them. Also just looking for precedence to give me hope. I’m nontrad with lower 60’s LM score (decent MCAT, lower gpa, really good uptrend, HCE and EC’s) but with my gpa this is honestly practically a “reach” school for me. I grew up in Oregon and this is my top choice (actually tied for the top with one other program).
same, are you me?

Honestly, i'm similar stats. Have been complete since 8/17 and nothing.

Honestly, i'm similar stats. Have been complete since 8/17 and nothing.

I’m holding onto how important “fit” is for so many programs. I’ve been complete at places like ICOM and UIWSOM since early Aug and heard nothing, but I have an interview at RVU-SU coming up and they got back to me fairly quickly too. Here’s hoping I’m as good a fit at COMP-NW as I think I am. Good luck to my stats doppelgängers!

Still curious if anyone knows if they tend to “silent reject” here?

Have an upcoming interview on 11/2. I'm not sure why it's being so difficult to find, but could someone tell me when I should show up in the morning? The interview-day page says when the interview should be over (~1:30) under the 'check-in' section but does not say when we should arrive. My scheduled interview date on the portal also doesn't give any times.

Have an upcoming interview on 11/2. I'm not sure why it's being so difficult to find, but could someone tell me when I should show up in the morning? The interview-day page says when the interview should be over (~1:30) under the 'check-in' section but does not say when we should arrive. My scheduled interview date on the portal also doesn't give any times.
I think my check in time started at 7:50am. But maybe just call to confirm!

Hey! congrats on the interview; hope you crush it! when were you complete and when did you receive the invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
They send you this three days before your interview. Good luck!

“We look forward to seeing you on our Lebanon campus in 3 days. Check-in for your interview is scheduled for 7:50 AM on Saturday, August 31, 2019. Plan to be on campus until 1:30 pm. The Interview Web Page will help you prepare for arrival.

If you are attending the Ambassador Social on the evening prior to your interview, more information is located on the Interview Web Page. This casual Ambassador Social will be held from 5:30 – 7:30 pm in the main building. Please enter the building on the parking lot side through the main security entrance. There will be signs and Ambassadors to guide you to the social.

If you did not previously choose to attend the social and you would like to attend, please call me at the number below.

Spouses and/or significant others are invited to attend the Ambassador Social as well.

I look forward to meeting you! Please contact me if you have any questions about your interview.

Anyone OOS get a II from this campus yet?

I’m from Washington. I think they prefer Cali students tho because I didn’t see that many OOS people there but I could be wrong

My bad, thought this was the Pomona campus. At my interview here, I did see a lot of people from Washington and California. There was also one person from Georgia, Maryland, and Nevada respectively. I think you’re ok as long as you have ties to the west

Stats? ECs? When were you complete? Did you receive any email notifications? Any info is greatly appreciated!
Complete 9/15. GPA 3.92, MCAT 510. Typical ECs for volunteering, research, and scribing. II was the only email notification I received.

IS, low GPA/decent MCAT, submitted secondary 9/27, marked complete 10/15, ii 10/17, probably spent too much time on the secondaries but they seemed important.

Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how friendly they are to letters of interest/updates? I'd love to go here as it's one of my top choices.

Anyone know how friendly they are to letters of interest/updates? I'd love to go here as it's one of my top choices.
It might depend on how far along the application process you are.
Have you interviewed?

they hold letters of interest to a very high regard. I am a first year student here. I submitted my application in September, but never heard anything, so around December I reached out to Shauna in admissions, she told me I wasn’t selected for an interview but was on the waitlist for one. She said if I was truly interested to write a letter of interest, I reiterated why COMP-NW was my first choice and why I was a good fit. I got an interview for January and was accepted. The more interest you show to COMP-NW the more they know you want it, so call, check in, stay updated, and write letters. If you know you want this school and have a clear Reason why you have to tell them.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
they hold letters of interest to a very high regard. I am a first year student here. I submitted my application in September, but never heard anything, so around December I reached out to Shauna in admissions, she told me I wasn’t selected for an interview but was on the waitlist for one. She said if I was truly interested to write a letter of interest, I reiterated why COMP-NW was my first choice and why I was a good fit. I got an interview for January and was accepted. The more interest you show to COMP-NW the more they know you want it, so call, check in, stay updated, and write letters. If you know you want this school and have a clear Reason why you have to tell them.

Thanks for this. Can I just write a LOI and upload it to the upload section on the application or do you need to speak with them first?

Thanks for this. Can I just write a LOI and upload it to the upload section on the application or do you need to speak with them first?
You can definitely just upload the letter but would recommend keeping in touch if you don’t hear from them.

You can definitely just upload the letter but would recommend keeping in touch if you don’t hear from them.
So you would recommend just sending Shauna an email asking to check in on the status of my application occasionally? And maybe mention that I uploaded an loi?

So you would recommend just sending Shauna an email asking to check in on the status of my application occasionally? And maybe mention that I uploaded an loi?

when did you submit your application and when were you complete?

I submitted mid August and was complete the start of September

I can’t tell you what to do, but I would probably call, find out if your application has even been looked at yet. Calling is stronger than an email in my opinion, but I think you should do whatever makes you feel most comfortable/confident.

• Love
Does anyone know roughly the post-interview acceptance rate here?

Does anyone know roughly the post-interview acceptance rate here?
I believe I saw somewhere earlier in this thread (or last years thread, I’m not gonna go looking right this second) that they are roughly 50% early in the cycle and gradually decreasing from that later on the cycle. That seems fairly normal to me if I’m remembering correctly.
With that said... I got my II this morning! So my issue is the two dates available are Nov 2nd and Dec 13th, which are significantly different I think. From a financial standpoint the earlier one will be hard (I legit don’t have a clue how I’m gonna pay for it yet, I just got back from another interview yesterday haha).
can anyone with better understanding help me understand how it will affect my chances between the two dates per what I described at the beginning? Are we late enough in the cycle that it’s about the same either way?

Edit: November date was filled quick, so I guess the choice was made for me. Snooze ya lose? Ha

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I got an “application is still with the committee” email. Is that a hold or is it just because they got a lot of applicants this year. Also can anyone give me insight on how long it took for them to hear a decision from when they were marked complete? Thank you!

Hey everyone! I got an “application is still with the committee” email. Is that a hold or is it just because they got a lot of applicants this year. Also can anyone give me insight on how long it took for them to hear a decision from when they were marked complete? Thank you!
Mine was right about 4 weeks after it was marked ready for committee review to II.

Does anyone know how late is too late to submit a secondary?
Just go for it if you have some money to spare. They have a set deadline around January (don’t quote me on that but you can look it up), but obviously the earlier the better for review purposes and limited interview spots. I submitted to AZCOM last week and got an II this morning so you never know!

Just go for it if you have some money to spare. They have a set deadline around January (don’t quote me on that but you can look it up), but obviously the earlier the better for review purposes and limited interview spots. I submitted to AZCOM last week and got an II this morning so you never know!
Thank you! :) and congrats!

Congrats!! Are you IS/OOS, stats, high clinical experience? So excited about this school and getting nervous!
IS, ~3000 hours clinical experience both paid and volunteer combined, good DO letter, good story imo, 3.8+ in the last 65+ credits, 51x MCAT.

and thanks! good luck to you

Last edited by a moderator: