2020-2021 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sitting at home, twiddling my thumbs (actually writing final papers), wondering when Baylor will break their post-4/15 silence...
Me too :cryi: hoping they still have a few more spots to fill before the end of the week. From what I've seen, in previous years it doesn't seem like that many students get accepted after April (maybe a dozen or so in May)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello friends- I just wanted to let you all know that I have withdrawn my acceptance to BCM. I hope that WL movement kicks up soon! Good luck to you all :)

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone! I plan on applying to Baylor for the 2021-2022 application cycle. I just found out that Baylor is joining the TMDSAS and will not be on AMCAS anymore. I really wanted to apply to Baylor, but will it be worth applying to since it is on TMDSAS? Will it be even more biased towards Texas students than it already is? I’m also wondering, will Baylor have to abide by the Texas law now that only 10% of the students can be from outside of Texas? I was considering opening a TMDSAS account just so I can apply to Baylor. Do you all think that even fewer people may apply to Baylor now so might be even easier to get in if I do the TMDSAS for it? Sorry for all the questions, I would just like to hear what all of your opinions are since you all went through the application process with Baylor this past year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has Baylor even sent out a waitlist email?

IIRC, baylor doesnt do waitlists. At some point (I assume sometime around June) they just send out an email saying "we've filled our class".

Hey everyone! I plan on applying to Baylor for the 2021-2022 application cycle. I just found out that Baylor is joining the TMDSAS and will not be on AMCAS anymore. I really wanted to apply to Baylor, but will it be worth applying to since it is on TMDSAS? Will it be even more biased towards Texas students than it already is? I’m also wondering, will Baylor have to abide by the Texas law now that only 10% of the students can be from outside of Texas? I was considering opening a TMDSAS account just so I can apply to Baylor. Do you all think that even fewer people may apply to Baylor now so might be even easier to get in if I do the TMDSAS for it? Sorry for all the questions, I would just like to hear what all of your opinions are since you all went through the application process with Baylor this past year.
If you want Baylor, yes you will have to apply on TMDSAS now. All the deadlines of TMDSAS including our Match Day system will apply.
Unless you are applying MD/PhD, which will be on AMCAS.

Baylor's OOS percentage is estimated to stay at 15-20% OOS. You can view an interview about Baylor joining TMDSAS here:
Learn about the Newest TMDSAS Member Institution: Baylor College of Medicine

I’m a California resident but applied to 3 TMDSAS schools and Baylor and interviewed with 1 UT and Baylor! I wouldn’t let being out of state discourage you. You’re definitely at a disadvantage but applying to Med school is a game of chance to begin with. I also agree that not that many people apply to Texas schools for that exact reason. Even before being TMDSAS Baylor heavily favors in state. I don’t think will make a drastic different in their admission process.

Hello! I've read all of wysdocs posts on this thread but I'm still a little confused about the process for those of us who haven't heard anything yet. From what I read on the thread, TX applicants can get off the waitlist until May 15th. I currently hold another acceptance at a Texas school and I'm trying to settle some things. Other people accepted at that school are saying that Baylor has until June 1 to get back to waitlisted Texas applicants. Additionally, bcm.edu says "no places are offered to individuals already holding a place at another medical school in Texas after June 1." Does this mean that I could actually get off the waitlist up until June 1st? Thanks in advance.

Hello! I've read all of wysdocs posts on this thread but I'm still a little confused about the process for those of us who haven't heard anything yet. From what I read on the thread, TX applicants can get off the waitlist until May 15th. I currently hold another acceptance at a Texas school and I'm trying to settle some things. Other people accepted at that school are saying that Baylor has until June 1 to get back to waitlisted Texas applicants. Additionally, bcm.edu says "no places are offered to individuals already holding a place at another medical school in Texas after June 1." Does this mean that I could actually get off the waitlist up until June 1st? Thanks in advance.
I believe if your holding a place at another Texas school Baylor can only give you an offer up until May 15th. After that, they can only give offers to OOS or texas residents that didn't match.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed back in September and haven't heard back, however, I have been accepted at other medical schools and intend on attending one of those. I'm trying to withdraw my app from Baylor, but got an error email when I tried emailing admissions. Is there someone else I'm supposed to contact?

I interviewed back in September and haven't heard back, however, I have been accepted at other medical schools and intend on attending one of those. I'm trying to withdraw my app from Baylor, but got an error email when I tried emailing admissions. Is there someone else I'm supposed to contact?
My thought would be the VIP email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wonder if everyone who interviewed makes waitlist or only select few...

Does anybody know if the May 15th rule applies to Baylor as well or you can still be accepted if you're already accepted to another Texas Med School

If you want Baylor, yes you will have to apply on TMDSAS now. All the deadlines of TMDSAS including our Match Day system will apply.
Unless you are applying MD/PhD, which will be on AMCAS.

Baylor's OOS percentage is estimated to stay at 15-20% OOS. You can view an interview about Baylor joining TMDSAS here:
Learn about the Newest TMDSAS Member Institution: Baylor College of Medicine
I watched the interview, this was helpful and answered all my questions, thank you!

Has anyone received any information or confirmation of commitment (or really anything) since the April 30th deadline?

Can you explain a little more who you are expecting to hear from? Baylor?
Hello! Yes from Baylor. Sorry that really wasn’t clear. I submitted everything indicating my intent to attend by the deadline and did not get any confirmation of receipt or any other response so I was just checking before I contact the school directly.

Hello! Yes from Baylor. Sorry that really wasn’t clear. I submitted everything indicating my intent to attend by the deadline and did not get any confirmation of receipt or any other response so I was just checking before I contact the school directly.
If you have been offered admission and are concerned they didn't get your confirmation, please contact them directly.

If you are on a WL and sent them a LOI, just gotta wait.

just got my A call!!!! I am literally speechless Was sent the WL email earlier this week and got the A call this morning. I was praying so hard for this I feel so grateful 😭 OOS

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted, do we have a rough estimate as to the number of applicants waitlisted each year, and approximately how many move off the waitlist?

I just withdrew my acceptance! Good luck to everybody else--hope my slot goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
So for Texas residents, is today essentially the last day we could hear anything? (I know technically it's the 15th, but I figured since it is a Saturday, they wouldn't be making acceptance phone calls.)

So for Texas residents, is today essentially the last day we could hear anything? (I know technically it's the 15th, but I figured since it is a Saturday, they wouldn't be making acceptance phone calls.)
All the TMDSAS schools know about the May 15th date, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some calls tomorrow.
Edited to say : Cutoff time is 5pm Central Time Zone May 15th.

Last edited:
All the TMDSAS schools know about the May 15th date, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some calls tomorrow.
Edited to say : Cutoff time is 5pm Central Time Zone May 15th.
So because I am accepted to a Texas medical school, and 5/15 has passed, my chances of getting off the waitlist at Baylor are now zero, is that correct?

So because I am accepted to a Texas medical school, and 5/15 has passed, my chances of getting off the waitlist at Baylor are now zero, is that correct?
yes, so now it's time to read all about and get excited for your Texas match school :)