2020-2021 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll say what I always say about Baylor:

Baylor tends to release admissions offers once a month.
They are systematic and predictable.
They take time and care with their decisions.

To answer the second part:
Once you are a student there, you will have incredible access to and support from faculty and mentors.

Don't let the longer than usual wait this year drive you nuts; carry on with your day to day life while you wait for more news.
What's your/ do you have a prediction for this month or April?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t know how many Marriott hotel survey calls I’ve answered waiting for Baylor’s phone call

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Don’t know how many Marriott hotel survey calls I’ve answered waiting for Baylor’s phone call
Lol mine are calls from blood donation centers in Houston so they have the 713 area code too 😭

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol mine are calls from blood donation centers in Houston so they have the 713 area code too 😭
I am going out on a limb here but blood donations still might not get people into Baylor - Offering a firstborn - there might be something there.

• Haha
I am going out on a limb here but blood donations still might not get people into Baylor - Offering a firstborn - there might be something there.
...sooo where do I sign up?

Reactions: 1 user
What's your/ do you have a prediction for this month or April?
The questions I can't answer are the ones requiring me to predict the future :wut:

If I say I think the next offers will come in April, you might get a pleasant surprise if it happens in March, and you'd also get to say "Wysdoc was wrong!"
Let's leave it there!

• Haha
Welp I guess all that worrying was for nothing...just got the A call!!!! Going to be a tough decision between Baylor and UTSW now

Edit: Interviewed on Jan 15th, LM 77, IS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Reactions: 5 users
Welp I guess all that worrying was for nothing...just got the A call!!!! Going to be a tough decision between Baylor and UTSW now

Edit: Interviewed on Jan 15th, LM 77, IS
Congratulations!

• Care
Did anyone else receive a call?

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else receive a call?
Not I lol, interviewed 1/29 and cannot even imagine the agony of October interviewees considering my anxiety and impatience at the moment.

Reactions: 3 users
^ october interviewee here can confirm

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, just checked this thread for the first time in a while lol. I interviewed early in the cycle too and just sort of assumed I was rejected. Does Baylor usually send Rs and WLs by now?

Wow, just checked this thread for the first time in a while lol. I interviewed early in the cycle too and just sort of assumed I was rejected. Does Baylor usually send Rs and WLs by now?
i believe they don't send any WLs until 5/1 and no Rs until the class is full in the summer lol

Why does it seem like each wave is only a very small number of applicants?

Since they call each person to notify of their acceptance, it can take all day/into the next day. Keep your phones nearby !
Thank you!! I’m hoping to hear good news! :) OOS, interviewed in early October (LM 75)

Got that A call today!! Going to be so hard to pick between here and Dell.

LM 75.7, WARS 100

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
accepted this morning via phone call!!

LM: 75 interviewed in September.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Has anyone from 1/22 or 1/29 dates been accepted yet?

The questions I can't answer are the ones requiring me to predict the future :wut:

If I say I think the next offers will come in April, you might get a pleasant surprise if it happens in March, and you'd also get to say "Wysdoc was wrong!"
Let's leave it there!
I am shocked that nobody chimed in and said "Wysdoc was wrong!"

Happy for those of you hearing some good news from Baylor over the last couple of days :highfive:

Didn't get a call today, interviewed in September. I'm making this comment for my own mental health, since I have been using "waiting for the A wave from Baylor" as a crutch for not moving on. But congrats to everyone who got the call!! I wish everyone the very best, irrespective of where they end up.

Reactions: 16 users
Didn't get a call today, interviewed in September. I'm making this comment for my own mental health, since I have been using "waiting for the A wave from Baylor" as a crutch for not moving on. But congrats to everyone who got the call!! I wish everyone the very best, irrespective of where they end up.
Day’s not over yet! Keep hope!

You are a gem

Keep in mind it is only a little before 3p central, and when I "got the call" (many many moons ago) it was well into the evening.

I'm no longer in any way affiliated with my alma mater, but I advise everyone to keep their heads up for now :) And congrats to those of you who got an acceptance!

on last year’s thread there were acceptances given out in early and late april...isn’t it too early to give up hope?

@Carbonara37 did you also have a TMDSAS Match school? you can PM me if you prefer. Thanks Wysdoc
Sorry I took so long to get back to you! Yes, I also matched at Texas A&M. Will most likely be going for Baylor instead.
Also my interview was in Sept, just to clarify.

So how long after the initial call do we get an email with official confirmation? My mind is fried from this cycle so I keep scrolling down my call history to make sure the A call wasn't a fever dream...

So how long after the initial call do we get an email with official confirmation? My mind is fried from this cycle so I keep scrolling down my call history to make sure the A call wasn't a fever dream...
lol I'm also waiting for this email, I got the call Friday and I remember the guy saying we should get emails by today... still kind of hesitant to call game until that email comes through. Hopefully they'll send it out soon!

lol I'm also waiting for this email, I got the call Friday and I remember the guy saying we should get emails by today... still kind of hesitant to call game until that email comes through. Hopefully they'll send it out soon!

I haven't gotten it either lol

on last year’s thread there were acceptances given out in early and late april...isn’t it too early to give up hope?
Not necessarily giving up hope, but need to start figuring out an apartment and other stuff at another school in the meantime.