2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been under review for like a month now am so antsy to just know my status

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who is planning to attend the Aug 11th 7pm virtual session recieved their email with the zoom link yet?

Does anyone know of service opportunities at Georgetown specifically surrounding women's health and obgyn?

Has anyone participated in a Georgetown Info Session before? Was your video on or was it one where everyone's was off?

*asking to check if I need to put a nice shirt on or something*

Has anyone participated in a Georgetown Info Session before? Was your video on or was it one where everyone's was off?

*asking to check if I need to put a nice shirt on or something*
I have and I (as well as most people) kept their video off!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am an international student with stats of 3.91/518. I have around 300 hr volunteering experience and 4000 hr research. Does anyone know how likely I will get an II? I know it's different and less likely for international students but just wondering.

Hi, I am an international student with stats of 3.91/518. I have around 300 hr volunteering experience and 4000 hr research. Does anyone know how likely I will get an II? I know it's different and less likely for international students but just wondering.

Best answer? No one here knows. You have great stats but it also depends on how well you display a desire to attend the school through your secondary too. MSAR has data on the success of international applicants. I would check there!

Reactions: 1 users
Saw a II reported on the tracker. Anyone else receive II?

I take the interview tracker with a huge grain of salt cuz there's lots of trolling. :/ I don't trust 'em until people actually post their interview invites on the school specific thread.

Reactions: 4 users
This^^. I would look out for multiple strings of IIs as just one is probably a fluke/mistake

Can someone, who has completed their application, look at their Application PDF to see what order our responses show on the completed app? I like to play my essays off of each other, but this only works when I know the order in which they will be read. I'm wondering if the 1-page pdf essay will be first.

Can someone, who has completed their application, look at their Application PDF to see what order our responses show on the completed app? I like to play my essays off of each other, but this only works when I know the order in which they will be read. I'm wondering if the 1-page pdf essay will be first.
Be careful, not sure about Georgetown, but I know some schools let dif people look at different answers. Like one committee member might just be reading the same answers type of thing.

Reactions: 7 users
I may lose my marbles if I go a month under review with no update

OOS II
2ndary Submitted 7/13

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
+1 OOS II
2ndary submitted 7/22
Marked complete/under review on 08/20 (Committee Letter was just submitted yesterday)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II, this is one of my top choices!!!!! URM 513 3.67

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
When was everyone marked complete if you got an II?

Are these IIs going out periodically? Or all at once?

URM, LM 73 and complete on 08/20. Super excited!

if I submitted on 7/15 and haven't gotten an II yet am I screwed?
OOS, cGPA 3.53, sGPA 3.97, 515

For those who got interview invites and have already selected interview dates, does the portal allow you to select which Monday virtual presentation to attend if you cannot make the virtual presentation the Monday of your interview week or ask you if you're available that Monday of your interview week so you may reschedule? Or would you have to email Admissions to find out?

For those who got interview invites and have already selected interview dates, does the portal allow you to select which Monday virtual presentation to attend if you cannot make the virtual presentation the Monday of your interview week or ask you if you're available that Monday of your interview week so you may reschedule? Or would you have to email Admissions to find out?

If you can’t make your Monday, it says on the portal to email them and you can attend a different one (keep your same interview time)

If you can’t make your Monday, it says on the portal to email them and you can attend a different one (keep your same interview time)
Thanks for the advice! I got really lucky and a new interview date happened to open up for me with a Monday virtual presentation I can make c: