2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oof so if we were complete 7/14 we were probably skipped over? thought I connected pretty well with their mission RIP
looks to me like they're skipping around a lot but not sure of course. don't lose hope yet!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
First II!!! LM 71 OOS. Anyone have any tips to prep for the interview?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
If it says "Your application is under review." vs "Your application is ready" (which I've seen in other portals) is there a huge difference?

Members don't see this ad :)
If it says "Your application is under review." vs "Your application is ready" (which I've seen in other portals) is there a huge difference?
Not sure but my app went under review less than 24 hours after submitting. Not sure of the significance

To be a fly in the admissions committee’s office....at least then we’d understand how they’re reviewing

II an hour ago! Complete 7/19
OOS and LM 71 I think

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I don't know if this has already been asked before, but I just submitted my secondary and for some reason under my "status" tab, it says that my letter of references have not been received, but when I go to my document status, it shows that all of my letters have been received there. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I don't know if this has already been asked before, but I just submitted my secondary and for some reason under my "status" tab, it says that my letter of references have not been received, but when I go to my document status, it shows that all of my letters have been received there. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Same for me. Anyone else? I submitted everything on 8/23...

Last edited:
Excited to maybe see some of you at tomorrow's virtual presentation!

For anyone who has done the presentation already, how was it? Is it as straightforward as the schedule they posted on the portal? Do we gotta talk? lol

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys just wanted to update that I did email them asking about it and although the didn't reply to my email, the issue was resolved somehow so I am assuming that they are working on it now for everyone!

For those of you that were having issues with your application status, they just posted about it on their instagram.

would you guys think cura personalis relates to the idea of social determinants of health and holistic care or is it more focused on like mental/spiritual health? probably both but i close to focus on the former
I focused on the latter actually because I took it more as holistic health that included mental and spiritual and GU is a Jesuit school so I figured might as well talk about spiritual

Excited to maybe see some of you at tomorrow's virtual presentation!

For anyone who has done the presentation already, how was it? Is it as straightforward as the schedule they posted on the portal? Do we gotta talk? lol
Can you let us know what it was like? I'm also wondering whether or not we have to talk lol

interesting ya i can see why many people would focus on that. im not catholic or christian so i focused on moreso this aspect that they mention on their website: "This value suggests individualized attention to the needs of the other, distinct respect for his or her unique circumstances and concerns"

I guess we'll have to see...hope i didnt screw it up lol
I definitely focused on social determinants/holistic medical care, because it connected better with my experiences and career goals. I think that either interpretation is totally fine and fits their mission!

Can you let us know what it was like? I'm also wondering whether or not we have to talk lol

It was great! Really informative! Presentations about campus opportunities, curriculum, med student Q&A, diversity, fin aid, etc. The only time any of the applicants spoke was to ask a question during the med student Q&A panel or after other presentations. None of that “hi my name is PremedGunner12345 and I’m from HarvardStanfordYale University” stuff lol.

Reactions: 4 users
It was great! Really informative! Presentations about campus opportunities, curriculum, med student Q&A, diversity, fin aid, etc. The only time any of the applicants spoke was to ask a question during the med student Q&A panel or after other presentations. None of that “hi my name is PremedGunner12345 and I’m from HarvardStanfordYale University” stuff lol.
Amazing! Thank you!

In the interview packet it says thank you notes should be uploaded to the portal but on the portal it says they only accept text updates. Have any of you guys had experience with this?

In the interview packet it says thank you notes should be uploaded to the portal but on the portal it says they only accept text updates. Have any of you guys had experience with this?
A few hours after my interview, I received an email notifying me of an option to upload thank you notes under the "Interview" tab in the portal

I had someone edit my essay and they added their initials to the file name they sent back to me. My computer glitched and for some reason, my essay kept the file name with initials. I uploaded the PDF, and just noticed this mistake. Do you think this will make it look I didn't write it? I am really worried

I had someone edit my essay and they added their initials to the file name they sent back to me. My computer glitched and for some reason, my essay kept the file name with initials. I uploaded the PDF, and just noticed this mistake. Do you think this will make it look I didn't write it? I am really worried
I’m sure they won’t read into it that deep or even read the file name at all

I’m sure they won’t read into it that deep or even read the file name at all
Do you think it would be reason for an investigation as it says "By checking this checkbox, I affirm that all information provided here and on my AMCAS application is written by me" ? The file name is like "Georgetown One Page Essay FJE draft 1" but I am SD?

Do you think it would be reason for an investigation as it says "By checking this checkbox, I affirm that all information provided here and on my AMCAS application is written by me" ? The file name is like "Georgetown One Page Essay FJE draft 1" but I am SD?
You will be fine. No one is going to look at the file name, much less have any idea of what those letters mean! Don't worry bout it

Reactions: 3 users
Everyone and their mom has their essays edited by mentors and other people, I’m sure they’ll be understanding of this and that check is is more so for the people that have their essay written for them not just edited

I wouldn't read into it bud, honestly FJE could stand for a million things. I doubt they over-analyze titles. Maybe if it was their full name, but not for 3 letters.

No because revisions are commonplace. and as far as they know FJE only provided commentary such as "great work! submit as is!"

Everyone and their mom has their essays edited by mentors and other people, I’m sure they’ll be understanding of this and that check is is more so for the people that have their essay written for them not just edited
How do you think they determine if essays were written entirely by someone else? I am worried about being confused for that even though I wrote it all

How do you think they determine if essays were written entirely by someone else? I am worried about being confused for that even though I wrote it all

Bro, stop it. YOU ARE FINE! Also, no one here knows the answer....so accept what was already said and move on.

Reactions: 10 users
probably not that deep

Thank you everyone for all the help! Sorry about my panic session!

Bearing down for the R waves that are soon to come.... :scared: Good luck all and godspeed!