2019-2020 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it worth interviewing here in March? Got the II but not sure

I mean it depends, do you guys see yourself attending this school over any other potential offers you got? OUWB was extremely pleasant when I interviewed and it is a front runner for where I'll be attending in the fall so I do recommend the school, but if you don't see yourself going there over any other school you got accepted to, withdraw the interview and let somebody else have it who may want it more than you. Just my two cents.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey folks, what do you think about the new chage on USMLE step 1 being Pass/fail?

I think school prestige/ Ranking is becoming more important than ever before. I am rethinking about my med school choice.

I think school prestige is indicative of resources available to medical students. I think program directors have a bias towards these students only because they just so happen to take advantage of those resources. This was true before the step 1 changes.

Why don’t you just focus on being an awesome medical student? (kill your pre clinical years, knock step 2 ck out of the water, do research, and make valuable connections with mentors in your desired specialty) Don’t give power to factors you cannot control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was waitlisted in October and just received an email about the waitlist. It says they have been reviewing and accepting waitlisted applicants since the cycle started and will continue to do so as seats open up? I haven’t seen anyone here say they have been accepted from the waitlist.

Early April they will release the tiers for waitlisted applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
Was waitlisted in October and just received an email about the waitlist. It says they have been reviewing and accepting waitlisted applicants since the cycle started and will continue to do so as seats open up? I haven’t seen anyone here say they have been accepted from the waitlist.

I got the same email but only after it was forwarded to me by someone from the admissions office. She said that she had noticed that I’d unsubscribed from the email list and that I’d need to subscribe again to get updates. I wonder if that’ll hurt any chance I had at getting off the waitlist lol.

Reactions: 1 users

I got accepted off the WL at the end of January! about 2 weeks after being put on it

Reactions: 2 users
Do you think they will send more II ?
It sounds like it is over.

Last edited:
When I got my post-interview waitlist email in November it said “the committee will tier the waitlist into two tiers - first tier and second tier.” Does this imply i’m either first or second tier? I heard they have a third tier as well - is there a different waitlist email for those placed on third?

Also, I absolutely loved my interview and this school. I really feel like I fit in well here- does anyone know if they’re receptive to Letters of Intent? Thanks!
In the past they have done three tiers, with those on the third tier essentially being a rejection. First tier waitlist students typically have a good chance of getting in and second tier is usually 50/50. Seems like less people on the second tier got in last year so maybe this is changing as more people want to go here. I think once interviews are complete they send an email regarding which tier of waitlist you are in.

Hey folks, what do you think about the new chage on USMLE step 1 being Pass/fail?

I think school prestige/ Ranking is becoming more important than ever before. I am rethinking about my med school choice.
I wouldn't say school prestige matters more, but who can really say since the change hasn't taken effect yet. I think if anything there will just be more emphasis on Step 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my first acceptance! so excited, loved the school. Interviewed 2/7

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected post II from 2/13/2020. Felt like the interview could have been better, although one set of interviewers weren't the friendliest. Who knows what happened, but maybe they will tell me.

Wishing everyone else who got accepted and goes here the best. Peace.

I am praying for last minute II . Hoping for miracle ;):eek::unsure:

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected post II from 2/13/2020. Felt like the interview could have been better, although one set of interviewers weren't the friendliest. Who knows what happened, but maybe they will tell me.

Wishing everyone else who got accepted and goes here the best. Peace.
Could I pm you with some questions about your interview?

If they're still not gonna reject me with this R wave why can't they just send me an II....

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Does your portal update if you get the R? My school has locked me out of my email for the past week and a half and the IT department doesn't seem to be in any hurry to fix my issue... great timing

Looks like I made it passed today’s R wave. Complete 7/23, OOS, LM ~70. Although I wish they’d reject me if I’m not going to get an II :unsure: haha

My question is. . . .Do they send II anymore ?

Looks like I made it passed today’s R wave. Complete 7/23, OOS, LM ~70. Although I wish they’d reject me if I’m not going to get an II :unsure: haha
Exactly just get it over with already...

I think II is over by now. :unsure::mad::cautious::rolleyes:

How long did it take people to get into the FB group? Been waiting for about a week now

I kind of wanna do it too since my other top choice doesn't really have second look days. Id be flying out from LA though it's a long flight. But the idea of meeting potential future classmates is appealing.
Yeah I am flying from a good distance, too. But I think it’ll be a really good thing to go to—especially if you have to make a choice between OUWB and another school!

Anyone from 2/14 II hear back yet or know when we will?

Anyone from 2/14 II hear back yet or know when we will?
I also interviewed 2/14. My guess is we’ll here back starting on Wednesday this week (though that is just a guess).

Just withdrew my invite!! Hope it goes to one of u all :)

Just withdrew my invite! all the best to everyone and hope it goes out to one of you all!

Also withdrew!

Pre-II R just now, complete early July

Interviewed 2/14, post-II R just now. This kind of surprised me because I felt like I interviewed well, though then again one of my interviewers said that I had less service than the average accepted student so that probably caught up to me.

• Sad
Thicc post-ii R; realized pretty early on i didnt match with their mission so not too surprising. good luck to all!

• Sad
Post II R here too, interviewed on 2/14. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

• Sad
I’m curious, did anyone from 2/14 actually get an A?

I interviewed on 2/14 and got on the waitlist. I kinda assumed this late in the cycle their class is probably full or almost full.

Can any current students share what the M1 class schedule is like?