2020-2021 Texas Tech, El Paso

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Prematch acceptance!!! OOS!!! XD

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I should clarify. I haven't received the acceptance email from the school, yet. One of my interviewers emailed me to say she'd just heard about my acceptance to the school and wanted to congratulate me! XD

Reactions: 7 users
I should clarify. I haven't received the acceptance email from the school, yet. One of my interviewers emailed me to say she'd just heard about my acceptance to the school and wanted to congratulate me! XD
aw that's great. Like your username too

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those that prematched today! For those that didn’t hear back today, don’t worry! Prematches go out periodically and you still have Match Day (plus the WL if Match Day is uneventful for you like it was for me).

For those with any questions about PLFSOM feel free to message me!

Reactions: 3 users
Got prematched this morning as well! My interview day here really blew me away, and I feel so blessed to have a prematch here.

As a side note, I thought one of my interviews was the worst one I've had. Just an encouragement for those who thought their interview was subpar!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Despite the email from my interviewer, I still have not received my official prematch acceptance email, so for everyone who hasn't heard anything yet, don't give up!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, can I get some advice? Although I got an email from my interviewer yesterday congratulating me on my acceptance, I still have yet to receive any kind of official email of acceptance from the school and my portal hasn't changed. Now I'm starting to worry maybe there was a computer issue, or my interviewer mixed up applicants. Do you think I should reach out to the interviewer or the school to see if I can figure out what's going on? Or am I just being paranoid and I just need to be patient?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, can I get some advice? Although I got an email from my interviewer yesterday congratulating me on my acceptance, I still have yet to receive any kind of official email of acceptance from the school and my portal hasn't changed. Now I'm starting to worry maybe there was a computer issue, or my interviewer mixed up applicants. Do you think I should reach out to the interviewer or the school to see if I can figure out what's going on? Or am I just being paranoid and I just need to be patient?
I feel like it could be because you are OOS? They might send out offers at a different time? I dont think you should read to much into it. But, I see the concern cause all us premed are neurotic :)

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! At some point our mental states will stabilize, but not for another couple of years at least! haha

Reactions: 1 user
II just now. Complete mid-Aug, IS, ORM, LM 74

Reactions: 5 users
Okay for those of you that got a pre-match offer what does your screen look like? I just wanna confirm I accepted correctly and it looks the same for us all can some of yall PM me please?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay for those of you that got a pre-match offer what does your screen look like? I just wanna confirm I accepted correctly and it looks the same for us all can some of yall PM me please?

Do you guys see "I would like to decline my offer" Y/N?

I mean obviously I'm assuming if I want to accept I should click "No", but this definitely feels like a trap lmao.

Hey I had the same questions too. I was going to call tomorrow tho or monday. I’ve done the two other sections we have to sign before accepting. But it’s still asking if I want to decline or accept the offer, which is where I’m confused. We have until may15th to make the payment right?

Do you guys see "I would like to decline my offer" Y/N?

I mean obviously I'm assuming if I want to accept I should click "No", but this definitely feels like a trap lmao.
Lol I’m exactly at that same crossroad. It just doesn’t seem natural to ask me again after I indicated that I accepted the offer. At least the two weeks wouldn’t be expiring anytime soon so I plan on calling the office on monday.

Lol I’m exactly at that same crossroad. It just doesn’t seem natural to ask me again after I indicated that I accepted the offer. At least the two weeks wouldn’t be expiring anytime soon so I plan on calling the office on monday.
yeah i think ill call Monday to clarify

For those of you who got a prematch, did you receive an e-mail this morning? I tried refreshing the offer page but it still looks the same on my end. What about you all?

Did you ever receive the official email by chance?
No, I still haven't received anything. I emailed them yesterday and my interviewer today, asking if it was a mistake. The school hasn't responded, but my interviewer seems pretty certain. She contacted them as well, so hopefully this week!!

No, I still haven't received anything. I emailed them yesterday and my interviewer today, asking if it was a mistake. The school hasn't responded, but my interviewer seems pretty certain. She contacted them as well, so hopefully this week!!
I just received the email! It's real! :lol:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Is any one paying the $100 now? I have no idea where I'm going to end up matriculating and I know we don't HAVE to pay it now but damn am I unreasonably paranoid about losing my seat lol.

Is any one paying the $100 now? I have no idea where I'm going to end up matriculating and I know we don't HAVE to pay it now but damn am I unreasonably paranoid about losing my seat lol.
yo i feel this especially with how wonky their acceptance system was they aint been answering emails or calls, ya boi stressed

lol same thing I was just thinking. Do you know if the $100 is refundable?

oh its not refundable. Might need to email to confirm that we have until May15th to pay the fee since its non-refundable

sadly the offer email says "nonrefundable"
lol yea . sad story. I just wanna make sure cos the portal doesn't appear convincing enough if that makes sense.

Thought I was passed up for sure but II today! Complete early July, LM 72. There is hope guys!! :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
lol same thing I was just thinking. Do you know if the $100 is refundable?

I paid for every seat I was offered regardless of whether or not I thought I was going to go. You never know when a fairly bulky scholarship might come out of nowhere!

I paid for every seat I was offered regardless of whether or not I thought I was going to go. You never know when a fairly bulky scholarship might come out of nowhere!
Lol. Must not have applied DO. I have offers where they're asking for 1 - 2K for deposits in some places!

Lol. Must not have applied DO. I have offers where they're asking for 1 - 2K for deposits in some places!

Jesus. They really making the socioeconomic disparity in medicine more drastic.

Has anyone been offered a scholarship to Foster yet this cycle?

Only TCOM :) And even then I'd still pay if it guaranteed me a spot. Would I try to wait as long as possible, though? Yes.

Has anyone been offered a scholarship to Foster yet this cycle?

I don't know too many applicants this cycle and no one's mentioned it. No idea.

Did anyone else get a letter in the mail after interviewing?

Okay thank God, I haven’t seen the letter because im not home but i was told it said something along the lines of making PLF your first choice, so i thought it was a bad thing haha

Does anyone know how to contact the admissions office? I have sent emails but not gotten a response and called but there’s no voicemail... if anyone had success contactinh them I’d appreciate a PM! Thanks :)

II received at 11:53 this morning. Completed Sep ~20.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know how to contact the admissions office? I have sent emails but not gotten a response and called but there’s no voicemail... if anyone had success contactinh them I’d appreciate a PM! Thanks :)

School is notorious for not responding to emails unless you’re an admitted student. It’s an unfortunate thing about being a small school. We don’t have the staff to answer all of the emails.

Plus with how bad COVID is in El Paso right now, it could potentially slow the response time even more. Some of our students tested positive this week so the school needs to decide if they finally want to shut things down.

Reactions: 4 users