2020-2021 Texas Tech, Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There isn't a cutoff where your stats "have to" be higher, but most MD/PhD programs do have higher average stats than MD programs. Also, I'm not sure exactly how Lubbock does it, but most schools will still consider your for the MD if you don't get into the MD/PhD program.

What is average for an MCAT? Average would be around 500, which would make it difficult to get into the MD/PhD program.
thanks for the reply! I got a 503, so I was hesitant on applying unless they'd still consider me for MD alone.

Members don't see this ad.

HI everyone! Quick question! I just submitted my secondary today (I got it around mid July but it was the longest secondary so I kept putting it off). But I decided to apply to the MD/MPH because I am interested in the public health field. I was wondering if 1. your stats have to be higher to be selected for their dual degree programs and 2. if you are reject from a dual degree program, will the still allow you to apply to just MD? My gpa is a 3.98 but my mcat was pretty average. Thanks for your help, and good luck to everyone applying!

Most dual-degree programs require you to be admitted by the medical school before you can be offered admission to the second degree program (MPH, MBA, MA, etc.); therefore, I wouldn't worry about a possible rejection from MPH from impacting your M.D. admission. I don't think your stats have to, necessarily, be higher for a dual-degree program (I think dual-degree program stats naturally trend higher because of the type of person who would go for a dual-degree). I would think it's likely more important to have concrete public health experience/strong and persuasive reasons for pursuing a MPH over stats — but you do need decent stats to show your academically prepared for MPH grad school which it sounds like you do from your GPA!

Reactions: 1 users
II just now!! cGPA 3.59 grad school GPA 4.0 MCAT 510, went to tech for undergrad and currently doing an MPH here! big excited

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! What are the interview dates?
I saw October 9th and October 23rd! I didn't actually skip ahead to another month so I don't know if there were dates in November but I'm sure there were.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just accepted texas tech school of medicine by early acceptance program . I give Glory to God .
Congratulation! Was this notification in your email or the portal? I'm a regular MD applicant that has interviewed and want to know what to expect on October 15th when they potentially give me an A, WL, or R.

Reactions: 1 user
I just accepted texas tech school of medicine by early acceptance program . I give Glory to God .
Congratulations to you and all your loved ones who've been with you on this journey !!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulation! Was this notification in your email or the portal? I'm a regular MD applicant that has interviewed and want to know what to expect on October 15th when they potentially give me an A, WL, or R.

Acceptance will come via e-mail and there will be a message in the communications tab on the portal.

Recieved II this morning! Completed 7/29

Man, I was complete 6/4 and there has been silence. LM 71

+1. I just keep reminding myself that even in Texas, interviews often go out as late as December. This isn't over!

As we get closer to the Oct. 30th TMDSAS deadline for primary application submissions, more IIs historically get sent out once schools have a complete look at the entire applicant pool!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
II just now. In-state, completed 7/8. Available dates were 10/23 and 10/28.

Reactions: 7 users
Same just received one, completed 9/24. In state and a TTU grad

II!!! first texas school and i could not be happier! i will go here if accepted, oos

Reactions: 2 users
II today around 4:00pm, so excited!!!. This is my first interview invite. Interview is Oct, 28th.
Complete 8/20
MCAT 510
sGPA 3.9, CGPA 3.9

Reactions: 7 users
Anybody know if those interviewed in early-mid september will hear back on Oct 15 (if offered) for pre-match? I know that's what the TMDSAS timeline is but idk if schools are following it cause covid.

Anybody know if those interviewed in early-mid september will hear back on Oct 15 (if offered) for pre-match? I know that's what the TMDSAS timeline is but idk if schools are following it cause covid.
I interviewed on 10/9 and they said we could receive pre match offers on 10/15!

Reactions: 3 users
looks like i'm going to be refreshing my email all morning long on the 15th! gotta love pre-med neuroticism

According to last year's thread, acceptances began rolling out between 9 and 9:30 AM local time.

Any reinvented students attending Tech? I have yet to receive an invitation, but I may need to cut my losses at this point.

Any reinvented students attending Tech? I have yet to receive an invitation, but I may need to cut my losses at this point.
Definitely not time to cut your losses. Some Texas schools are interviewing into February. Ride out this cycle before you give up!

Pre-matched, interviewed 10/2/20. Congrats to everyone pre-matched; keep your head up if nothing yet, it's only the beginning of a long process. Just keep pushing no matter what. You might be like "whatever, you got accepted, what do you know?" But I'll be going on 34 when I start and had every intention of reapplying if things didn't work out this cycle. From experience, I can say that life doesn't care about your timeline, so stop giving your timeline so much control over your life. Stay positive, try not to stress too much, and make sure you celebrate the small wins in life. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 15 users
According to last year's thread, both OOS and IS were accepted on the 15th. They seemed to be doing batches of decision notifications (rather than one big batch).

Prematched!!! Interviewed 9/18.

Reactions: 9 users