2021-2022 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a facebook group or Groupme for accepted students?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For all people accepted congrats! They have opened a last interview date for Monday and was wondering if anyone that has interviewed could personal message me how the interview was. Thanks

For all people accepted congrats! They have opened a last interview date for Monday and was wondering if anyone that has interviewed could personal message me how the interview was. Thanks
I also got a last minute interview for Monday! Any tips would be appreciated :)

Reactions: 1 user
Please read and prep for the interview using the advice of the post below. It helped me a LOT to prepare for my own interview. Practice your answers to each question of the Interview Feedback. Show up prepared and Dress professionally. You will do great!
"The interview is open file, so they will ask you about anything and everything you put on there. Be prepared to address your GPA, MCAT, ECs, etc. I strongly recommend taking a look at the interview feedback here on SDN: Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine Interview Feedback. I would definitely not bring up your MD acceptance, and would instead focus on why you want to attend ACOM specifically, why DO, why medicine, your story, things like that."

Reactions: 1 users
Just had to say something just bc I’m a little bothered but that’s just how this process works. Congrats to those who have gotten accepted, congrats to those who were able to interview and congrats to those who were able to snag a last minute interview slot, especially this late in the game. However, for those who are waitlisted, myself included ? What’s the point of being waitlisted, if they are going to continue to interview this late into the cycle. It’s unfortunate bc I would have chosen this school if I got off the waitlist but I’m still grateful being able to go to any school. It’s just crazy to me how this whole process works. I hope nobody takes offense to this post

• Care
Just had to say something just bc I’m a little bothered but that’s just how this process works. Congrats to those who have gotten accepted, congrats to those who were able to interview and congrats to those who were able to snag a last minute interview slot, especially this late in the game. However, for those who are waitlisted, myself included ? What’s the point of being waitlisted, if they are going to continue to interview this late into the cycle. It’s unfortunate bc I would have chosen this school if I got off the waitlist but I’m still grateful being able to go to any school. It’s just crazy to me how this whole process works. I hope nobody takes offense to this post
I completely understand your frustration. If you have not done so, I recommend you reach out to the Admissions Office, especially to Mrs. Tara Ryals, and express your desire to attend ACOM. It might help! Hope you get off the waitlist soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Lol im one of the few who got interviewed today (Monday) but I got a soft rejection letter like back in May. They said they have too many applicants to consider me for an interview but they would keep me posted if something changes. I gave up hope and ACOM was on my re-apply list for the next cycle, but they reached out to me for the current cycle to interview out of the blue. It didn't make quite much sense to me since I wasn't told I was waitlisted or something.
Part of me felt like I bombed my interview. I rushed too much and felt like I was rambling, but I also remember doing really good on other questions. Anyways, we will find out if I'm in or not in a few days. RIP my anxiety.
Does anyone have an idea on the post interview acceptance rate? It might be worse or better than the normal since they are trying to fill quite a few spots with immediate candidates. Please make me feel better about my chances 🥺😃

Lol im one of the few who got interviewed today (Monday) but I got a soft rejection letter like back in May. They said they have too many applicants to consider me for an interview but they would keep me posted if something changes. I gave up hope and ACOM was on my re-apply list for the next cycle, but they reached out to me for the current cycle to interview out of the blue. It didn't make quite much sense to me since I wasn't told I was waitlisted or something.
Part of me felt like I bombed my interview. I rushed too much and felt like I was rambling, but I also remember doing really good on other questions. Anyways, we will find out if I'm in or not in a few days. RIP my anxiety.
Does anyone have an idea on the post interview acceptance rate? It might be worse or better than the normal since they are trying to fill quite a few spots with immediate candidates. Please make me feel better about my chances 🥺😃
I believe the post interview acceptance rate is pretty high. however, i know there are still people on the waitlist so i’m not sure how that works. You got an interview though so you’re definitely in the running, and with classes starting in less than a month Im sure they’re eager to fill any open seats.

Hey guys! I am currently on the ACOM waitlist and my status changed today to "local status". Does anyone know what that means?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I am currently on the ACOM waitlist and my status changed today to "local status". Does anyone know what that means?
Mine got changed from Waitlisted to {{Local Status}} as well. I know I received a secondary invite today for the 2022-2023 cycle so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Hoping for the best for you. I know I, like many people, am in the same boat of checking the portal and SDN nonstop hoping for the best. Fingers Crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine got changed from Waitlisted to {{Local Status}} as well. I know I received a secondary invite today for the 2022-2023 cycle so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Hoping for the best for you. I know I, like many people, am in the same boat of checking the portal and SDN nonstop hoping for the best. Fingers Crossed!
Same here! I have postponed reapplying until the end of this cycle so it doesn’t conflict with my current waitlist statuses so I don’t think it has to do with your secondary. Hopefully they will email us tomorrow about what it means. Trying to stay positive 🙏🏼

Same here! I have postponed reapplying until the end of this cycle so it doesn’t conflict with my current waitlist statuses so I don’t think it has to do with your secondary. Hopefully they will email us tomorrow about what it means. Trying to stay positive 🙏🏼
Interesting. Hopefully it is good news on its way! You've got this!!

You as well! Please post if you hear anything 🙏🏼Praying for us
Bro, I interviewed this week Monday for the 2021 to 22 cycle and my status is also “local status”. Hopefully it’s not a rejection RIP

Just got the call, IM ACCEPTED I can’t believe it !!!

Reactions: 6 users
I got waitlisted. With only a few days before class start, I'm gonna assume I'm going to get rejected. If I get in, whoo! If not, I'll keep on grinding as usual. Need all the prayers I can get lol 😆

Last edited:
Just got in as well from the Monday interview!

Reactions: 6 users
I just got the call! I'm accepted! Is there a group chat for accepted students and for housing?

hi everyone, im not sure who is still reading this thread but wanted to ask, I see a lot of talk about first round of II being for 501+ MCAT's, that first round seems to have happened for this cycle as ppl received A's, I have a 49X MCAT and received a secondary and was marked complete today, do I have a chance? My second score comes out Monday also

hi everyone, im not sure who is still reading this thread but wanted to ask, I see a lot of talk about first round of II being for 501+ MCAT's, that first round seems to have happened for this cycle as ppl received A's, I have a 49X MCAT and received a secondary and was marked complete today, do I have a chance? My second score comes out Monday also
Depends on the rest of your app, and how close that 'X' is to helping you near a 500. Of course, increasing the overall class size works in your favor.

Depends on the rest of your app, and how close that 'X' is to helping you near a 500. Of course, increasing the overall class size works in your favor.
Rest of my app is great! Lots of clinical experience, non clinical in underserved areas, research experiences with publications and textbook entry, DO shadowing, LOR etc, mid-close 49X

I know ACOM does a holistic review, so there is a chance, but your chances would definitely increase with a >500 score.

I know ACOM does a holistic review, so there is a chance, but your chances would definitely increase with a >500 score.
Agree completely, I retook the MCAT and my scores for it come out this Monday! Hoping for at least a 500

There is a chance! I am just starting my first year & had a 496 mcat. I was on the interview invite waitlist until march, then was waitlisted after my interview until June. So it’s definitely possible but will probably take a bit of time.

There is a chance! I am just starting my first year & had a 496 mcat. I was on the interview invite waitlist until march, then was waitlisted after my interview until June. So it’s definitely possible but will probably take a bit of time.
congrats again and that's great to hear!! Gonna be a long wait haha especially since Monday decides a lot for me

I got a reviewed- no interview, is this the end with ACOM :/

Does anybody from the class of 2026 know about how many applicants were accepted from the waitlist during the 2021-2022 cycle?