2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know how much dedicated board studying time OMS II's get?

Members don't see this ad.

When does orientation start for the incoming class? I didn't see any up to date info on the BCOM website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Giving up my seat, hope one of you gets an offer today. Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know how BCOMs waitlist works? Is it ranked? Has anyone who has gotten in off the waitlist done anything in particular?

Does anyone know how BCOMs waitlist works? Is it ranked? Has anyone who has gotten in off the waitlist done anything in particular?
I was told “Your position on the wait list is based on your original application and your interview. We are unable to disclose your position as this list is updated almost daily.”

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what the deal is with withdrawing and salvaging some of that $2000 back? I got accepted into a different school I'm now committed to and would like to give up my seat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what the deal is with withdrawing and salvaging some of that $2000 back? I got accepted into a different school I'm now committed to and would like to give up my seat.

Unfortunately, no shot, it’s non-refundable. You have to take the L =( but congratulations!!!!

Still nothing and I had mine week of April 4th

Same and the 5-wk mark is today. Looks like it’s going to also be a 5-6 week wait for 4/8 and 4/12 post-II decisions, even though they started pulling off the WL already.

I was excited that they might be speeding things up now when 3/31 interviewees got their decisions back on 4/29. Very frustrating to say the least. Who knows why they kept telling interview groups that it’d be a 2-3 week decision timeline when they knew good and well lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I just withdrew my acceptance from here via email and will confirm with them tomorrow over the phone. I got accepted off the waitlist for another school. I'm excited for this to go to you of you guys!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew my acceptance today for another school. Good luck to anyone on the waitlist, movement is coming!

Reactions: 2 users
Was just accepted! I thought my interview was horrible...it was so bad I laughed when I was done because I couldn't cry. I will not be accepting admissions due to being accepted to another program. Hopefully my A goes to one of y'all!!

Reactions: 3 users
Was just accepted! I thought my interview was horrible...it was so bad I laughed when I was done because I couldn't cry. I will not be accepting admissions due to being accepted to another program. Hopefully my A goes to one of y'all!!
Congrats! When did you interview?

I am declining my acceptance hopefully one of you guys get it!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!

Got the offer 20 min ago. OOS

Did anyone else on the waitlist get an email titled “what do recent grads say about Burrell?”

does anyone think they even have room for the waitlist at this point? it looks like the facebook gc is already over 162 students

does anyone think they even have room for the waitlist at this point? it looks like the facebook gc is already over 162 students
Are you referring to the accepted students fb group? The class size for this cycle is 200.

Anytime until orientation unfortunately:/

I had a friend get in a few days before orientation at BCOM. He had to stay at a hotel for a month before he found a place to stay.
Do you know when they were placed on the waitlist?

Are there any current or former BCOM students here that could answer some questions for me?

Do y’all think we can expect waitlist movement soon? I’m getting so anxious with June coming up, I can’t sleep anymore

Do y’all think we can expect waitlist movement soon? I’m getting so anxious with June coming up, I can’t sleep anymore

I think there will be a lot of movement happening soon. And based off the Facebook group of class of 2026, they still haven’t filled up the class. Maybe next week, after the deposit deadline has passed we will start to see more movement. But I feel you, I’ve been so anxious too. Hopefully we get in :(

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I think there will be a lot of movement happening soon. And based off the Facebook group of class of 2026, they still haven’t filled up the class. Maybe next week, after the deposit deadline has passed we will start to see more movement. But I feel you, I’ve been so anxious too. Hopefully we get in :(
Didn’t the deposit deadline already pass though? 😭 wasn’t it may 17th?

Didn’t the deposit deadline already pass though? wasn’t it may 17th?

Nahhh they sent a wave of acceptances last Wednesday. So deposit should be due next Wednesday.

• Care
Nahhh they sent a wave of acceptances last Wednesday. So deposit should be due next Wednesday.
Ahh I see. Thanks for letting us know! I really thought this week would be the week though😭 if I don’t hear by next week I will literally crumble under my anxiety

is there still a batch of interview decisions to come ?

I’m pretty sure no. I believe all of April interviews acceptances/ waitlists / rejections were sent out last Wednesday.

• Care
Just gave up my seat, I loved this school so it was a hard decision to make! Hope it goes to one of you, keep your heads up!

[mention]chickentaco [/mention] not op but mine was today!

[mention]chickentaco [/mention] not op but mine was today!

When did you interview & when were you accepted? Were you directly accepted or waitlisted first?

• Care
About deposits, if you get newly accepted off the waitlist this late in the game, they tend to ask for the deposit with a week or 2 since it is cutting it close. That was my experience when I got in a while back.

When did you interview & when were you accepted? Were you directly accepted or waitlisted first?
Interviewed: 4/22
Accepted: 5/18

Directly accepted!

I was accepted last week and the deposit was due yesterday! I declined.

Guys!! I was accepted off the waitlist just now :)

• Love
  • Care